The Student Room Group

Executive Officer (Asylum Operations Decision Maker/resettlement)

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Z89
I have my interview for this on Tuesday and I'm feeling quite nervous!

I have been to a similar interview within the civil service before for a Health & Safety Inspector but they don't give you feedback. Not sure what to do differently! Are you just going to talk about the competencies you wrote about in your application?

I turned up on Friday to have my interview and no one had any record of me being scheduled for an interview and the interviewer had actually gone home. I was devastated- have emailed manpower to see what comes of it?!*

What location are you for? *
Reply 21
Original post by rebecca_:)
I turned up on Friday to have my interview and no one had any record of me being scheduled for an interview and the interviewer had actually gone home. I was devastated- have emailed manpower to see what comes of it?!*

What location are you for? *

That's ridiculous! That said, it's not surprising - my experiences of Civil Service recruitment always seem to be really unorganised.

Fingers crossed manpower can get it rearranged for you though.

I've applied for Glasgow, what centre was it you were going for?
Reply 22
Original post by Z89
I have my interview for this on Tuesday and I'm feeling quite nervous!

I have been to a similar interview within the civil service before for a Health & Safety Inspector but they don't give you feedback. Not sure what to do differently! Are you just going to talk about the competencies you wrote about in your application?

Thats what I am planning on doing lol.
How did yours go ? Where are you doign yours?
Original post by Jamso
Thats what I am planning on doing lol.
How did yours go ? Where are you doign yours?

I've just had mine and reeled my competences off to them. It was quite quick. Is this your last week of interviews?

Feel I never said enough- did they say when you find out? *
Reply 24
I've just had mine and reeled my competences off to them. It was quite quick. Is this your last week of interviews?

Feel I never said enough- did they say when you find out? *

ooo how was yours rebecca?? How long did it last?
Original post by Jamso
ooo how was yours rebecca?? How long did it last?

20-30 mins haha
Reply 26
To be honest, I thought 45 mins would be far too long if they were just ognna ask us the 5 compentencies "Tell me when you made a good decision..." etc.

20-30 mins haha
Original post by Jamso
To be honest, I thought 45 mins would be far too long if they were just ognna ask us the 5 compentencies "Tell me when you made a good decision..." etc.

yea it was more twenty minutes .....just a waitin game now. I shall keep you posted!! *
Reply 28
Original post by 312Kat
That's ridiculous! That said, it's not surprising - my experiences of Civil Service recruitment always seem to be really unorganised.

I'm in Glasgow too :smile: What time is your interview?
Reply 29
Original post by 312Kat

How was your interview today? :biggrin:
Reply 30
Original post by Jamso
How was your interview today? :biggrin:

Mine was better than expected I think. What about yours? You got any idea when we're likely to hear back?
Reply 31
Original post by 312Kat
Mine was better than expected I think. What about yours? You got any idea when we're likely to hear back?

Yeah mines was alright but i was really nervous so im a bit like buhhh. And no ideaaa :frown: I wanna know nowww
I recently applied for this. The deadline was the 12th Sept. Gosh found the Verbal reasoning test a little weird.
Reply 33
Did you guys use the same competency answers in your interview as you did in your application?
Reply 34
Original post by nomad99
Did you guys use the same competency answers in your interview as you did in your application?

When was your interview? I used the same answers. Do you know when we'll hear back?
Original post by Z89
Glasgow :smile: how did you get on?

Liverpool! Finally had my interview after two mishaps from their end; unsuccessful was my outcome.*

Good luck in the job!*
Reply 36
Wondering if any friends here can suggest- I joined HMRC caseworker (EO) role 6 months back while Home Office Asylum Decision Maker (EO) Glasgow was on waitlist- Now received provisional offer for Home Office
Wondering if anyone here has inputs comparing both with respect to growth, nature of work and potential movement opportunities within Home Office departments
Thanks
Reply 37
If you value your sanity, avoid. I learnt a lot in the job but the expectations/stats are mostly unrealistic. The department is under strain. No one is happy 👍🏽 Starting during the pandemic makes it even more difficult.
Reply 38
Original post by Z89
If you value your sanity, avoid. I learnt a lot in the job but the expectations/stats are mostly unrealistic. The department is under strain. No one is happy 👍🏽 Starting during the pandemic makes it even more difficult.

Couldn't agree more, my honest advice would be avoid and I genuinely mean that

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending