The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by C0balt
When I got a "looking forward to welcoming you" message from my insurance I was like wtf do they already have results lol

Imagine they do...

I think the biggest hint would be your school calling you up the day before to go in early or sth
Original post by BioOx
To cheer you up:

Spoiler

My cousins living in Camb go to Anglia Ruskin and they do have exams and stuff :lol:
Original post by BioOx
To cheer you up:

Spoiler

Lol

I actually used those 'high expectation asian father' memes as motivational posters when was doing my GCSEs
ImageUploadedByStudent Room1470847837.798467.jpg

When is Cambridge gonna give us accounts? Obviously after results day, but I need it before term starts since I want to get the discount when buying a MacBook. Also, how much is that discount usually?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Mathemagicien
Lol

I actually used those 'high expectation asian father' memes as motivational posters when was doing my GCSEs

Has my eyesight gotten worse, or have you changed your profile pic again? Stop messing with me head!
Original post by Insight314
Has my eyesight gotten worse, or have you changed your profile pic again? Stop messing with me head!

I'm not doing it to mess with your head, I just prefer the pixelated version. It has an aura of mystery about it, y'know?
Have any NatScis started that maths work lol?

I don't ever intend to unless I meet my offer
You know if homerton hasn't updated at 8am is there a chance they update later on in the day or is that meaning summer pool?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Is it your birthday?

Lol na.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Is it true that schools contact Oxbridge students the day before results day to tell them to get on early for photos/press if they have met their offer? I know for a fact my school wants me to do a newspaper thing (got asked in May) so do you think I should be expecting to be contacted by my school on 17th as long as I have met my offer?
Original post by Serine Soul

I haven't even received any lol
Original post by C0balt

Some colleges give them out after results I think, you should get them then :wink:
Original post by C0balt

same here
Is it true that schools contact Oxbridge students the day before results day to tell them to get on early for photos/press if they have met their offer? I know for a fact my school wants me to do a newspaper thing (got asked in May) so do you think I should be expecting to be contacted by my school on 17th as long as I have met my offer?

Depends on your school, they might ask you to come in/come in earlier

With me, it'll be a massive hint if they ask me to go in because people don't usually go in for results lol
Original post by PhysicsIP2016
same here

Depends on College. Churchill gives out so many offers (compared to the average of 13 or whatever that they accept) for maths so I am not surprised I haven't received anything yet. We probably gonna get something after results day (hopefully).
Depends on your school, they might ask you to come in/come in earlier

With me, it'll be a massive hint if they ask me to go in because people don't usually go in for results lol

Everyone needs to be in school for results day, it is a small school.

I feel like contacting me the day before about going in earlier for press is 100% indicator of meeting my offer, since I was asked about it a few months ago and it was dependent on meeting my offer.

I hope that is the case since I am just so impatient to find out how I did.
Depends on College. Churchill gives out so many offers (compared to the average of 13 or whatever that they accept) for maths so I am not surprised I haven't received anything yet. We probably gonna get something after results day (hopefully).

Loool hopefully, I have done absolutely no Maths practice over the holidays so I need it (especially FP3 stuff because that just went right over my head when we learnt it) :rofl:
Original post by PhysicsIP2016
Loool hopefully, I have done absolutely no Maths practice over the holidays so I need it (especially FP3 stuff because that just went right over my head when we learnt it) :rofl:

Good that at least you've taken FP3.

I presume you are taking the Physical NatSci route? If that is so, Michaelmas term would include some linear algebra and it is not that difficult, especially if you have been introduced to FP3. I don't think any A-level student understands the FP3 module completely, since the content is so much undegraduate linear algebra that most of the theorems are not even proven when they are taught. Like, why the hell does the Cayley-Hamilton theorem work? (rhetorical question, ok Mathmos?)
(edited 7 years ago)
Good that at least you've taken FP3.

I presume you are taking the Physical NatSci route? If that is so, Michaelmas term would include some linear algebra and it is not that difficult, especially if you have been introduced to FP3. I don't think any A-level student understands the FP3 module completely, since the content is so much undegraduate linear algebra that most of the theorems are not even proven when they are taught. Like, why the hell does the Cayley-Hamilton theorem work? (rhetorical question, ok Mathmos?)

Yeah, Phys Natsci. I hated further maths last year but I think I will be grateful for it at uni! We had to fit FP3 in such a short amount of time as well but vectors and matrices were relatively enjoyable so the Maths module should be okay then (if I get in) :P
ImageUploadedByStudent Room1470847837.798467.jpg

When is Cambridge gonna give us accounts? Obviously after results day, but I need it before term starts since I want to get the discount when buying a MacBook. Also, how much is that discount usually?

Posted from TSR Mobile

15%

There was maths work 😳?!?! My holidays have consisted of watching films and getting drunk.

Latest

Trending

Trending