The Student Room Group

What do other people that I don't?

I'm always the last resort for my friends, or the 3rd choice, I can't seem to keep friends for a long time either. I'll be friends with someone, get close to them and they'll find someone else or make another friend and basically completely forget about me. My uni friends will meet up with each other without me, I get left out of so much stuff. I remember back in 6th form, I was supposedly really good friends with these 4 girls, and I had individually been friends with them first, I was like the mutual friend that glued them together initially. Then eventually they all started meeting up without me and now they're all still in touch and have completely forgotten about me.
I'm not a mean or arrogant or rude person so I don't know what it is about me that other people get put off by or choose other people over me and leave me out. Help please
Original post by Anonymous
I'm always the last resort for my friends, or the 3rd choice, I can't seem to keep friends for a long time either. I'll be friends with someone, get close to them and they'll find someone else or make another friend and basically completely forget about me. My uni friends will meet up with each other without me, I get left out of so much stuff. I remember back in 6th form, I was supposedly really good friends with these 4 girls, and I had individually been friends with them first, I was like the mutual friend that glued them together initially. Then eventually they all started meeting up without me and now they're all still in touch and have completely forgotten about me.
I'm not a mean or arrogant or rude person so I don't know what it is about me that other people get put off by or choose other people over me and leave me out. Help please

IFeel the exact same like im the one who helps others make friends and introduce then they seem to forget im the reason they're friends. Really pisses me off.

Fortunately my friends don't meet up much without me, or maybe they do and I don't know...

Truth is I prefer my own company which sounds sad but I do. Try and find a peace of mind with yourself and perhaps new people
Reply 2
Original post by im.a.witch
IFeel the exact same like im the one who helps others make friends and introduce then they seem to forget im the reason they're friends. Really pisses me off.

Fortunately my friends don't meet up much without me, or maybe they do and I don't know...

Truth is I prefer my own company which sounds sad but I do. Try and find a peace of mind with yourself and perhaps new people

I sometimes prefer my own company as well, by it really hurts when you find out all your friends have been hanging out without you and haven't even told you about it. It's like I have some friend repellent on me. I don't kick up a fuss about or mention it, but t does hurt
I sometimes prefer my own company as well, by it really hurts when you find out all your friends have been hanging out without you and haven't even told you about it. It's like I have some friend repellent on me. I don't kick up a fuss about or mention it, but t does hurt

I know its the worst feeling But I haven't found a remedy apart from spending time with my mum
Reply 4
They're just a part of your life, don't waste your energy on them, as you move on you'll meet different people and make more friends
Reply 5
Use proper grammar.
Reply 6
Original post by oShahpo
Use proper grammar.

Thank you for that helpful comment
Reply 7
Thank you for that helpful comment

I was only answering your question :P
Reply 8
None of us know you so none of us can truly tell you. It could be because you are boring or the way you look. Whatever it is, move on and eventally you will find good people. Some people are not worth pondering on.

Life's too short to waste time thinking of those who don't think of you.
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 9
Original post by oShahpo
I was only answering your question :P

Why don't you learn to give proper advice instead of looking down on others.

This is exactly me. I'm litteraly never anyone's first choice. I prefer my own company anyway and have learned to accept it. I'm pretty certain I'm a nice person so I don't know what the problem is
Original post by Mancini
Why don't you learn to give proper advice instead of looking down on others.

I don't have the functionality of "holding a joke", sorry.
This is exactly me. I'm litteraly never anyone's first choice. I prefer my own company anyway and have learned to accept it. I'm pretty certain I'm a nice person so I don't know what the problem is

Exactly! I guess as the poster above said, one day we'll find people who appreciate us

Quick Reply

Latest