The Student Room Group

First date, taking her to watch Finding Dory. Good idea?

We are going on our first date to the cinema tomorrow. She hasn't mentioned any specific movie she would like to watch. I've seen all of the latest movies apart from Finding Dory. Would she find it weird if i asked her to watch that?. We are both 20 and im worried that i might come across as imature. I am aware that girls prefer romantic comedy type films, but i loathe them.

Scroll to see replies

This is cute. Do it.
No, don't do movie dates for your first dates.
Finding dory is always a yes :h:
Reply 4
Take her to watch BFG instead
Rom coms are funny sometimes :lol:

But no, personally I would advise against going to the cinema as an early date, having been on an awkward one myself. Sure, you can combine it with other stuff on the day but during the actual movie and before, it's just a bit awkward. I've no doubt that it's something fun to do later on down the line though.
Don't do movies for first dates, reason being you watch the film rather than actually talk to her, depending on your age take her to a restaraunt, hell even take a walk or something with her.
You can't talk to the person and watch a film at the same time. Not good for a first date. I tried it.
Original post by The Assassin
No, don't do movie dates for your first dates.

This.

OP a first date should be about communication and getting to know each other. a cinema is not the best option for that.
Reply 9
Best date ever. You're never too old for Finding Dory.

Heck, if she rejects take me.
Sounds fine m8.

It's pretty much cinema or restaurant at this stage.

Making love under the starlit sky can be the third date. :wink:
(edited 7 years ago)
As a female myself, I would love a date to finding dory, regardless of age. Enjoy the film:perv::scuba:
Why don't you go for a meal instead. Get to know her and what kind of films she likes . You can either go cinema after your meal or give you a chance to see her again on another date. . *Who's idea was it to go the cinema? *Not a good idea for a first date as mentioned by others.*

Have a great time whatever you do. *
If someone asked me to Finding Dory as a first date - hell yeah!

I'd probably want to meet a little earlier to chat prior to the movie, just to feel comfortable with him - grab a milkshake from Five Guys kinda thing for 30 mins or something, before walking over.

Good luck OP - Hope you have a lovely date!
Okay everyone's saying "don't do movies as a first date!". I disagree, as long as you do something which requires talking after the film.

Right, so take her to see the film at 11am, then go for a light, airy and hopefully quiet restaurant/cafe close to the cinema for lunch. If conversation gets dry, you can use the film as a crutch!

Example:
*awkward silence* "So, were you one of the kids who waited ages to see this film?" "Yeah actually I've loved Disney since forever" "Oh really! Favourite Disney film?" *discuss discuss discuss* *say something meaningful and interesting about your childhood* *chat moves onto other movies and TV shows, nostalgia of the 90s or whatever kids do nowadays* = you find out a bunch of new facts about her!

Bonus points: remember whatever film she says is her favourite, and then get her something that-themed for an occasion! I mentioned that I'd never seen Edward Scissorhands and 2 months later on Valentines Day, my boyfriend bought the DVD and we sat and watched it together :smile: little things man, little things!! Good luck on ya date!!
Original post by Kareem007
We are going on our first date to the cinema tomorrow. She hasn't mentioned any specific movie she would like to watch. I've seen all of the latest movies apart from Finding Dory. Would she find it weird if i asked her to watch that?. We are both 20 and im worried that i might come across as imature. I am aware that girls prefer romantic comedy type films, but i loathe them.

If she doesn't like Finding Dory, she's not a keeper anyway. Good luck :smile:
Take her bowling or something lad, all movie first dates i've had have been unsccessful as you can't get to know eac other in the cinema*
Go for it, wish you the best for it and make sure you have a great time 👍🏼☺️
dude go to the park with her and have a picnic honestly. Movie dates won't be nice for first date
Well, I'm 24 and taking me to see a Disney movie would definitely be the way to my heart. :biggrin:

My boyfriend is actually at the Disney park in Anaheim with his family right now. Wish I could be there with them. ):

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending