The Student Room Group

Girls have never shown interest in me

I consider myself an average looking guy, I have a good sense of humour, I dress well and I have a good job. I get on well with people but for some reason a girl has never shown interest in me and they would rather just be friends. I really don't know what I'm doing wrong. I did go out a lot before I started the new job, I did get girls numbers but they always either blanked me or just didn't give any effort in talking to me. I would talk to them first and joke around before getting their number but once I did then they just seemed to give up.

So either I'm just terribly unlucky (22 years old now) or I'm doing something wrong.

I've done so much to try and improve my image by getting a good hair style, buying good clothes and going to the gym but that has not changed things one bit! I've been told by friends that I'm a decent looking guy, but why am I finding it so hard to attract girls?

I don't know what else to do now because I've tried almost everything to make myself look better and to improve my approach. I don't like the concept of online dating so Tinder or any of that is out of the question.

Scroll to see replies

Looks matter the most
I'm in the same boat as you buddy.

Only thing I can suggest is taking a break from it all. It sucks, but sometimes focusing on other aspects of your life is the best option.
Reply 3
Original post by -
I'm in the same boat as you buddy.

Only thing I can suggest is taking a break from it all. It sucks, but sometimes focusing on other aspects of your life is the best option.

Lol what do you mean by take a break? I stopped for 2 years while at uni and nothing happened. If i keep taking breaks then I'll be 40 and still a virgin!
(edited 5 years ago)
Original post by Anonymous
Lol what do you mean by take a break? I stopped for 2 years while at uni and nothing happened. If i keep taking breaks then I'll be 40 and still a virgin!

Well you never mentioned that in your original post, so how the bloody hell was I supposed to know?

Look, I wish I could give you the answers. You've mentioned a lot of things you've done to improve yourself and your situation but have still not had any success. I've done a lot more than you have. Sometimes these things just take time, sometimes not everyone is destined for love. The only thing you have control over is your own life, so make the best of it and enjoy it; if love comes, then fantastic! If not, then at least you'll be happy with yourself. :smile:
I consider myself an average looking guy, I have a good sense of humour, I dress well and I have a good job. I get on well with people but for some reason a girl has never shown interest in me and they would rather just be friends. I really don't know what I'm doing wrong. I did go out a lot before I started the new job, I did get girls numbers but they always either blanked me or just didn't give any effort in talking to me. I would talk to them first and joke around before getting their number but once I did then they just seemed to give up.

So either I'm just terribly unlucky (22 years old now) or I'm doing something wrong.

I've done so much to try and improve my image by getting a good hair style, buying good clothes and going to the gym but that has not changed things one bit! I've been told by friends that I'm a decent looking guy, but why am I finding it so hard to attract girls?

I don't know what else to do now because I've tried almost everything to make myself look better and to improve my approach. I don't like the concept of online dating so Tinder or any of that is out of the question.

You can't force these things. I'm a 22 year old girl who's still a virgin. Granted I have been on quite a few dates but none of them have ended up with a relationship because I simply haven't met anyone I've properly hit it off with. I don't thinkt there's anything I'm doing particularly wrong, I think I'm just unlucky so far, and the same is with you. Don't think too much about it and don't try to force anything; it will happen when it happens :h:
Well if you look anything like your thumbnail I'm shocked. cos you are HAWT :colone:
-make friends with a guy(s) who is swimming in girls
-go to cool places like bars, clubs and festivals. Or go to those new hipster places like wine bars and bistros
-go to a book club
Well if you look anything like your thumbnail I'm shocked. cos you are HAWT :colone:

Yeah yeah, heard it all before. Yet here I am, single with no potential dating prospects. :boring:
Lol I feel ya. I get people asking me "how have you been on so many dates and not had a boyfriend yet"
Reply 11

On the bright side you can be a wizard :biggrin:
id say youre lacking charisma and maybe confidence then
Lol I feel ya. I get people asking me "how have you been on so many dates and not had a boyfriend yet"

I'm interested in knowing who you are though. Drop me a message. :tongue:
There's a reason I am on anonymous... I don't want people to affiliate my account with this thread :lol:
There's a reason I am on anonymous... I don't want people to affiliate my account with this thread :lol:

That's why you send a private message. I won't judge, I'm just curious who thinks I'm "hawt". :biggrin:
Is your area one with traditional views? If so there may be girls interested in you, but are waiting for you to make a move, they may not necessarily think you are into them.
It would shock you too much

Spoiler

It would shock you too much

Lol, I guess it might, but I'm willing to risk the heart attack!

Quick Reply

Latest