The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Matrix123
Heyy! How have you been? :smile: That's true - when they get as loud as they do in your experiments, they do seem to be at a very large risk of getting damaged.

Hey, thanks for asking! Yep, I've been fine thanks, haven't got round to the speaker test experiment, and that will likely have to wait until next week. As for the 2D fluoro fitting experiment, that is being cancelled, but something similar may happen one day :smile:
After all, who can go wrong at £3 inclusive for a 24W LED? :smile: (Of course, you don't want to touch it whilst it is on.)

Haha, I didn't think you cared much for them anyway :tongue:

In this thread? I can't find it :cry2: hmmm...I'm just going to go for One Republic - Counting Stars (I don't know why; that's the first one that came to my head :tongue:)

That's right, I don't really care about them LOL :tongue:

It might have actually been on the last part, but I know I've mentioned it! And nope, not One Republic, and the song that you mentioned is 4 years old! :eek:

Indeed he does:yep: Ohh wow! I remember a couple of Andy's imposter accounts. Right, well at least there's more originality which is good.

The count is incorrect from post #872 to #911 (excluding post #873). What do you think should be done? As it's a new thread, I'd prefer edits if possible but rule 16b seems a lot easier.

I know, and Andy98 did have a couple of impostors made of him. There were also impostors of some ST's and even CT's but they may not have all been him. Though most of the impostors were of me, which I don't know why he'd do that :frown:

Thanks for the notification, I had a look at those and have edited them all via rule 16b. They haven't posted again yet, but I don't appreciate people making about 200 consecutive posts, as that is SPAMMING! :frown: :mad:

Hi, it's great to see that you've settled in well here :smile: I'm afraid a few of your earlier posts contain the wrong count. You have also gone way over the 10 post limit. I'd recommend reading the OP before continuing to post here :wink:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I did notice they went way over the 10 post limit! Certainly not pinkteddy-like, though - he wouldn't do 100+ posts in a row :nah:

Original post by spotify95
Hey, thanks for asking! Yep, I've been fine thanks, haven't got round to the speaker test experiment, and that will likely have to wait until next week. As for the 2D fluoro fitting experiment, that is being cancelled, but something similar may happen one day :smile:
After all, who can go wrong at £3 inclusive for a 24W LED? :smile: (Of course, you don't want to touch it whilst it is on.)

That's right, I don't really care about them LOL :tongue:

It might have actually been on the last part, but I know I've mentioned it! And nope, not One Republic, and the song that you mentioned is 4 years old! :eek:

I know, and Andy98 did have a couple of impostors made of him. There were also impostors of some ST's and even CT's but they may not have all been him. Though most of the impostors were of me, which I don't know why he'd do that :frown:

Thanks for the notification, I had a look at those and have edited them all via rule 16b. They haven't posted again yet, but I don't appreciate people making about 200 consecutive posts, as that is SPAMMING! :frown: :mad:

I did notice they went way over the 10 post limit! Certainly not pinkteddy-like, though - he wouldn't do 100+ posts in a row :nah:

101,042....No worries! Btw, my laptop doesn't let me use multiple lines in posts unless if I use spoilers so we'll have to settle with this reply being a single paragraph :sigh: Glad to hear it! Ahhh I see! Well, I look forward to the results :yep: The bit in bold - I'm sure it's very simple but you kind of lost me there :redface: :tongue: :lol: Urmmm...no offense but I really don't want to scroll through the last thread :tongue: 4 years ago!? Wow, time sure does fly by...urmm so I'm guessing a very recent song - oh wait, I feel stupid for not realising how recently that CD was released...hmmm :holmes: is it a song by a DJ by any chance? (If you say yes, I have no idea what song I'll guess :tongue:) True, someone made a kind of imposter account of me but they got banned very soon after so :tongue: Yeah...but he seems to be on good terms with you now :smile: And no worries about the notification :wink: Ahh OK. Indeed, he might go over the limit but never that far!
100,872 rule 16b

100,874 - 100,911 rule 16b

Good morning, welcome to CTAM! :smile:

Since you're new to this thread, I'd like to give you a couple of pointers - following these will really help us out.

1) Quite a few of your posts seem to have incorrect numbers. We prefer it if numbers were correct the first time, but if they are not, then it is always recommended to edit posts so that they contain the correct count. Otherwise it gets a bit messy for us and we have to pick up the count from the last correct post, using "rule 16b" to edit the wrong numbers.

2) We have a "10 post" rule in place to prevent excessive posts in a short space of time - many more than that at once could be seen by others as potentially spamming, plus it could be seen as posting just to increase a member's post count. I've noticed that you have gone way over the recommended 10 consecutive posts for any one user - next time, if you could stay at 10 posts, and not post any more until someone else has posted, it'd be appreciated.

The above guidelines, plus the other rules of the counting threads, can be found in the OP (original post) of this thread - please have a look at it and make sure that you are familiar with things.

Hope to see you around here soon :smile:

Sorry. I didn't read the thing properly and I think I made a few mistakes and then was just looking at the number above which led to a lot more. I tried to correct at least some of them. Sorry again

Original post by jb1702
Sorry. I didn't read the thing properly and I think I made a few mistakes and then was just looking at the number above which led to a lot more. I tried to correct at least some of them. Sorry again

:spank: :banned:
Original post by jb1702

That's alright, don't worry about it! :smile:

If you happen to make any mistakes again with the number (it's easy to follow someone else's mistakes, I've done that before) then just edit the post to the correct number and it'll sort everything out for us. Generally, in this thread, the count number = 100,000 + whatever the post number is for this thread.

Original post by Matrix123
101,042....No worries! Btw, my laptop doesn't let me use multiple lines in posts unless if I use spoilers so we'll have to settle with this reply being a single paragraph :sigh: Glad to hear it! Ahhh I see! Well, I look forward to the results :yep: The bit in bold - I'm sure it's very simple but you kind of lost me there :redface: :tongue: :lol: Urmmm...no offense but I really don't want to scroll through the last thread :tongue: 4 years ago!? Wow, time sure does fly by...urmm so I'm guessing a very recent song - oh wait, I feel stupid for not realising how recently that CD was released...hmmm :holmes: is it a song by a DJ by any chance? (If you say yes, I have no idea what song I'll guess :tongue:) True, someone made a kind of imposter account of me but they got banned very soon after so :tongue: Yeah...but he seems to be on good terms with you now :smile: And no worries about the notification :wink: Ahh OK. Indeed, he might go over the limit but never that far!

That's strange, as my laptop is fine when it comes to paragraphs... Maybe something on the browser is causing issues...

Yep, the results will likely be uploaded one day next week (I've got quite a few things to upload very soon!). May not be in HD though, it depends on what laptop I am able to use. If the HP has been and had it's OS reinstalls, then it will be 1080p HD (or 720p if done on my tablet) - failing that, it'll be 360p or 480p (as the Acer cooks itself whilst trying to save to 1080p HD).

I'm good at losing people aren't I? :tongue: The LED light fitting from Banggood (which was mentioned in the Youtube video about being live when switched on) costs about £3, and that's including postage charges... so cheap enough to do a few experiments with :smile:

Yep, that song is 4 years old. The song that I am/was/will be using, is one from the last 2 months or so. It's the Kungs/Cookin' on 3 Burners song that I mentioned before, why that song? Because it has an awful lot of bass in it, perfect for testing speakers with (or annoying dogs with).
This is the song (bass boosted version): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=am8NSfjsZrw

Yeah, most impostors get reported, then banned, very very quickly... :wink: Though you shouldn't impersonate people anyway! Yeah, but you don't know how quickly he could change, then be on bad terms....

Yeah, I was surprised as well with all those consecutive posts....

That's alright, don't worry about it! :smile:

If you happen to make any mistakes again with the number (it's easy to follow someone else's mistakes, I've done that before) then just edit the post to the correct number and it'll sort everything out for us. Generally, in this thread, the count number = 100,000 + whatever the post number is for this thread.

Thanks. So am I right in saying I can do up to and including 10 in a row, then if someone even posts 1, then I can do up to up to another 10, and as long as there's other people's posts between them, there isn't a limit on the amount one person can do per day? And just out of interest, how long has this been going on for?

Original post by metaljoe

Good evening :smile:

Original post by jb1702
Thanks. So am I right in saying I can do up to and including 10 in a row, then if someone even posts 1, then I can do up to up to another 10, and as long as there's other people's posts between them, there isn't a limit on the amount one person can do per day? And just out of interest, how long has this been going on for?

No worries :smile:

Yep, that is correct - if you do 10 in a row, then it doesn't matter how many another user posts, whether it be just 1 post or whether they do their full 10 posts; so long as another person posts afterwards, then you can do another 10 posts.

Nope, no limits on the amount of posts someone can do per day, so long as the "no more than 10 consecutive posts" guideline is followed :smile:
And whilst I'm on the subject of, using multiple accounts to bypass the 10 post rule is not allowed.

Can't remember exactly how long this has been going on for but I know it's been going for at least 2 years, possibly longer. I'll have a little look in a bit to see if I can find the first post in the CTAM series :smile:

Original post by mr T 999

Not necessarily, as long as you give heads up that you’re going be creating the new thread, once the auto close does it thing, you'll be the op. Also the auto-close doesn’t actually close on the 10000 post but in fact on 10001 (There will always be someone posting at the same time, so it will go one over).

So even if you don't get the 10000 post, you can still get the final post before it closes and you put whatever message you want on that. We also won't include that towards the count and treat as a mod post, so not to effect the overall count :smile:

:erm: What are we going to do about the 100 post stats. Since jb1702 posted over 200 post and the user did not win fair and sqaure?

Okay, thanks for the information. I didn't know that the thread closed on 10001, rather than 10000, so that means that someone else can get the 10k and then I'll put the closing statement in on 10001, with the link to the new thread. And don't worry, I'll always put up announcements in thread, so that everything gets sorted out :smile:

Yep, that's what we've done before - the final post doesn't get treated on the count, due to it being the closing post, so to say.

As for the 100 post status. If they posted over 200 in a row, and the 1st 100 post wasn't in the user's first 10 posts, they'll both have to be voided from the stats. If the 1st 100 post was within the user's first 10 posts, then count one and void the other. does that sound like a fair solution?

Latest