The Student Room Group

Knife incident in Russell Square - One dead, five injured

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Josb
"Equal", but "in a state of subjection".
that is the second objective of jizyah: to humiliate non-Muslims

in fact, there are cases where some non-Muslim communities - which had cooperated militarily with the Muslims - obtained the privilege of paying twice the normal zakat amount instead of paying jizyah

so, they avoided the humiliation of having to pay jizyah _- and, most likely, they also saved money
Original post by mariachi
how can you claim (without producing any proof) that zakat and jizyah are "equal" ?

by nature, zakat and jizyah are very different : zakat is a yearly tax on assets, fixed at 2.5% of certain assets (e.g. gold, cattle) in proportion of the period of the year held, and above a certain level (nisab); it is paid by Muslims and used for the welfare of the Ummah

jyzyah is a "head tax" paid each year by all non-Muslim males (with some exceptions : priests, monks, disabled etc). It has no fixed level, but it can be fixed by the Muslim government at whatever level is considered appropriate. It is used to finance the general State budget (and not the welfare of non-Muslim communities)

historically, you have the case of jizyah tax fixed at levels so high, that in some communities non-Muslim families had to sell off their children as slaves in order to pay for it ...

and let there be no compulsion in matters of religion

best

It's not compulsion. It's encouragement.
Original post by inspiringtop123
dear Sir:

in your best interest, you should consider converting to Islam, so you won't have to sell your children into slavery : I am sure that Huey, Dewey and Louie will be hugely grateful

please do not consider this as compulsion : it's purely an encouragement... as you are well aware, in accordance with Quran 2:226, there is no compulsion in matters of religion

all the best from your friendly jizyah tax agent
(edited 7 years ago)
dear Sir:

in your best interest, you should consider converting to Islam, so you won't have to sell your children into slavery : I am sure that Huey, Dewey and Louie will be hugely grateful

please do not consider this as compulsion : it's purely an encouragement... as you are well aware, in accordance with Quran 2:226, there is no compulsion in matters of religion

all the best from your friendly jizyah tax agent

I'm not going to argue with you, friend. We clearly have different opinions and you're not going to convince me and vice versa.
Reply 164
Original post by NickLCFC
Great news :yy:

Yeah, finally not a muslim. Left-winger can finally relax.
Reply 165
Don`t now gloat. It still stands the statistic that minorities/muslim comiteed more terror attacks than.ethnic Brits. It is because you are faulth for allowing millions low cultures to settle Europe. The sharia courts in uk are still here and wont go any soon.
I'm not going to argue with you, friend. We clearly have different opinions and you're not going to convince me and vice versa.
you know, a discussion forum is made for people who have different opinions : difference in opinions is a prerequisite for a serious discussion, not an insuperable obstacle

best

its all political dude
you know, a discussion forum is made for people who have different opinions : difference in opinions is a prerequisite for a serious discussion, not an insuperable obstacle

best

I'd rather not bother wasting my time, thank you. Have a great day. :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending