The Student Room Group

Should paedophilia still be considered a disorder?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Brahmin of Booty
Exactly, the most effective way to ensure they do not re-offend is to completely remove their sexuality, I'm so right here it hurts.

Well considering the whole basis of the disorder is sexual, how in hell does that shock you? Or prove you are in any way right? You are so ignorant it hurts my dear. Poor little lamb, so naive.

Psychological disorders are effective but they require the offender to actually have to engage with the treatment, which is a lot harder than making him (or her) pop some pills. That is why. Although that is difficult enough in the long term.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Napp
Interesting question..

If they decide to act on said impulse though? Put them in a gibbett.

Agreed. As long as what they act on doesn't harm anyone (including animals) then I'm okay with it.
I genuinely do not know why I continuously attempt to engage in debate with such people who simply can't be bothered to think with a reasoned, educated perspective.

Why have I not learned this by now. I may as well argue with my dog.
Reply 43
Original post by mercuryman
Agreed. As long as what they act on doesn't harm anyone (including animals) then I'm okay with it.

Indeed :smile:

I've heard of some truly horrifying things with regards to animals people seem to like, some things are just in a whole different league of obscene.
Exactly, the most effective way to ensure they do not re-offend is to completely remove their sexuality, I'm so right here it hurts.

By your logic you agree with Saudi Arabia cutting off the hands of thieves to stop them from stealing. You agree with murdering murderers because that'll stop them from murdering.

It's much more complicated than you think.
another factor to consider in such debates is the misuse of the term paedophile to refer to anyone who engages in sexual activities, whether rea lor imagined with people under the ( arbitrary) age of consent, rather than the clinical use of the term to refer to those attracted to pre-pubescent individuals
Original post by Twinpeaks
Google penile plethysmograph, and the the pedophilia version of the IAT. Although these aren't immune from being cheated.

I see what you mean though, perhaps a pedophile will never be cured completely. Perhaps they will always harbour desires on some level. But the most important thing is managing their behaviour and their intentions.

Also, many psychological disorders are not cured but managed-
Schizophrenia
Psychoapthy,
Autism Spectrum Disorders
ADHD
Tourettes disorder
Demntia's including Alzheimers.

The list goes on and on.

They cannot be cured, does that in any way mean they aren't disorders?
If you had a physical condition that can't be cured, does that mean it's not a disorder?

Can homosexuality be cured?

I've seen countless studies using evidence from penile plethysmograph tests and IAT and it's obviously such bull, the only time they are even partly ''cured'' is when they are so old their testosterone levels drop which happens to every man at the ages 30-40. It's as ******** as priests who try to cure young gay men.

I wanna make this clear, there is nothing wrong with homosexuality because you can be gay and not harm anyone while having an active sex life, I'm not even trying to after gay people here

Autism is not an illness, it's a difference, same with psychopathy, dementia is not strictly a disease, it's a pattern of chronic cellular behaviour.
They only way to "treat" pedophiles is if they opt for it themselves or is a past offender. Otherwise, how would you know?
By your logic you agree with Saudi Arabia cutting off the hands of thieves to stop them from stealing. You agree with murdering murderers because that'll stop them from murdering.

That's ridiculous and doesn't even compute.

What I am saying is that you cannot cure them because they are not ill, their sexuality is an attraction to children. Lots of people like money, it's not an illness to like money and you can't cure them from their love of money. Some people are more self-controlled and don't steal money because they know it's wrong, what makes paedophilia so dangerous is that their is no healthy outlet for it, whereas people can find healthy ways to accumulate money which don't hurt others, such as getting a job or being a trust fund baby.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Electrospective
I like that. LOL, have a read of this article. :rofl:

Spoiler

He certainly has that ''look'' :teehee: the ****ing moustache too
Original post by ThoughtOfMan
in a world where sexual attraction towards the oppisite sex was considered worng, should straight people hung in that case???

No, because straight sex between consenting adults doesn't damage a person. Did you read my justification?
He certainly has that ''look'' :teehee: the ****ing moustache too

In the video he was talking about how he's a babysitter for a 5 year old and he got so turned on by her dancing around (as kids do) that he had to masturbate in the bathroom to relieve himself.... That's is ****ing disgusting. And if he touches that child, both him and the girl's parents deserve to be hanged.
Can homosexuality be cured?

I've seen countless studies using evidence from penile plethysmograph tests and IAT and it's obviously such bull, the only time they are even partly ''cured'' is when they are so old their testosterone levels drop which happens to every man at the ages 30-40. It's as ******** as priests who try to cure young gay men.

I wanna make this clear, there is nothing wrong with homosexuality because you can be gay and not harm anyone while having an active sex life, I'm not even trying to after gay people here

Autism is not an illness, it's a difference, same with psychopathy, dementia is not strictly a disease, it's a pattern of chronic cellular behaviour.

I can't believe you've just said that Psychopathy, Autism and dementia are not disorders :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: So embarrassing.

FYI, I've read many a paper which actually shows that the IAT is pretty good at distinguishing pedophiles from non-pedophiles, although it tends to bring up some false positives.
The IAT is used in every prison in my country, and also every prison in the UK has a penile plethysmograph. They are effective, and frequently used to help determine whether a person is considered fit for release.

It's so clear you know nothing at all, stop the bull shine.
Original post by Electrospective
In the video he was talking about how he's a babysitter for a 5 year old and he got so turned on by her dancing around (as kids do) that he had to masturbate in the bathroom to relieve himself.... That's is ****ing disgusting. And if he touches that child, both him and the girl's parents deserve to be hanged.

This is the exact problem, I'm sad at myself because of how much I compared this filth with homosexuality even though gay people are safe for society, but paedophilia by its very nature cannot safely integrate itself within society.

You're comparing stealing to ****ing a child?

How complicated is it? Enlighten me.
This is the exact problem, I'm sad at myself because of how much I compared this filth with homosexuality even though gay people are safe for society, but paedophilia by its very nature cannot safely integrate itself within society.

Exactly! I have no idea what these leftists are up to.
Modern liberals are literally the analogue of catholic priests of the past, the modern church isn't a physical Church, it's the left-wing pseudo-science permeating university campuses across the West.
Modern liberals are literally the analogue of catholic priests of the past, the modern church isn't a physical Church, it's the left-wing pseudo-science permeating university campuses across the West.

asopposed tothe Physical and pseudo-intellectual churches of the religious right spreading hate ?
Original post by Twinpeaks
I can't believe you've just said that Psychopathy, Autism and dementia are not disorders :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: So embarrassing.

FYI, I've read many a paper which actually shows that the IAT is pretty good at distinguishing pedophiles from non-pedophiles, although it tends to bring up some false positives.
The IAT is used in every prison in my country, and also every prison in the UK has a penile plethysmograph. They are effective, and frequently used to help determine whether a person is considered fit for release.

It's so clear you know nothing at all, stop the bull shine.

I kinda agree with him on that one. Aspergers (in most cases), psychopathy and ADHD aren't disorders. They are different ways of being. I hate how society has become, categorising different states of being as a disorder to be cured. And this only benefits bug pharma, which are making tonnes of mental health drugs.
Sexuality is different to fetishes/paraphilias and my ****ing God it is so pathetic constantly seeing people say "well if we allow homosexuals to do this then we may as well just allow paedophiles to do X as well!" - the instant someone spurts some ******** like this you know they probably have at most 2 brain cells.
--
Paedophilia is classified in such a way since it is a paraphilia (essentially a dangerous fetish) which concerns objects of sexual fascination whereas homosexuality is (unsurprisingly) a sexuality which is to do with sexual attraction towards a certain sex. They are not remotely the same thing nor should be treated the same way.

People who don't act upon paedophilia are certainly not doing any immediate harm no, but the sake of the fact there is always a risk they will act, we need to encourage and allow these people to seek psychotherapy and as such to try and overcome these feelings as much as possible.
--
God just you ****ing morons who always try and dampen any progress for homosexuals by saying "BUH DEN PEDOPHILES!!" really ****ing irk me - go **** off back to the 1920s.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending