The Student Room Group

Official AS & A2 Results Day 2016

Scroll to see replies

Original post by dragonsonmars
I love going in and collecting my results, you get to see people and teachers and stuff. idk there's always such a buzz which I really like.

Spoiler

If I do well ill go in school :smile:. I may cry though as I am going to miss my friends SOOOOOO MUCCCCHHHHHHH
I love going in and collecting my results, you get to see people and teachers and stuff. idk there's always such a buzz which I really like.

Spoiler

I'm actually not dreading going in. Last year when I was picking up my GCSE results from my old school, I literally had to be pulled along by my dad as right in front of me were my bullies, the people who had made my life hell for 5 years, which only added to the high levels of anxiety. This year is great. I don't have to walk in to a school building feeling sick with fear that I'll see them again, and that's an amazing feeling to have.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by ninjass
If I do well ill go in school :smile:. I may cry though as I am going to miss my friends SOOOOOO MUCCCCHHHHHHH

Seriously me too like I've made some amazing friends in the year below me and people in my year are all parting ways to go to uni/work ect. It's really sad! :cry:I'm sure you've done fabulously in your exams btw! good luck, I hope you get what you're hoping for!

Original post by thevamps99xo
I'm actually not dreading going in. Last year when I was picking up my GCSE results from my old school, I literally had to be pulled along by my dad as right in front of me were my bullies, the people who had made my life hell for 5 years, which only added to the high levels of anxiety. This year is great. I don't have to walk in to a school building feeling sick with fear that I'll see them again, and that's an amazing feeling to have.

Posted from TSR Mobile

That's amazing, I'm so happy for you! I bet your exams went far more smoothly this year because of that as well. you're strong for making it through and even going to your results day! I'm glad that this year will be much better for you. Good luck - I hope you get the results you're hoping for!
Original post by AnnekaChan173

I'm thinking they'll be similar to last years, have faith!

Most people found f215 easy though, what did you think of it?
Original post by Saywhatyoumean
I was thinking maybe 42 for F214 and 67 for F215 for A's?? I really don't know how to feel about them!

Posted from TSR Mobile

I feel like i ****ed them up so bad. If I don't get in to uni its probably gunna be because of biology
Seriously me too like I've made some amazing friends in the year below me and people in my year are all parting ways to go to uni/work ect. It's really sad! :cry:I'm sure you've done fabulously in your exams btw! good luck, I hope you get what you're hoping for!

That's amazing, I'm so happy for you! I bet your exams went far more smoothly this year because of that as well. you're strong for making it through and even going to your results day! I'm glad that this year will be much better for you. Good luck - I hope you get the results you're hoping for!

Thank you :smile: it was a long and hard battle, but here I am today. They went much more smoothly, as I was doing subjects I enjoyed and I had nothing negative to distract me from that! So hopefully my results will mirror that! Good luck to you too!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3226
This is probably on a previous page but did anyone have any thoughts on AQA C3 and C4 grade boundaries?

Thanknyou so much - i hope the same for you :smile:. Even ive made some lovely friends and its so sad to leave behind lovely memories-i sometimes cry just thinking about them. Ive had a lot of friendship breakups recently but the friends ve made are close to irreplacable and itll be hard being far away from them
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by thevamps99xo
Thank you :smile: it was a long and hard battle, but here I am today. They went much more smoothly, as I was doing subjects I enjoyed and I had nothing negative to distract me from that! So hopefully my results will mirror that! Good luck to you too!

Posted from TSR Mobile

I hope the best happens for you :smile:
Original post by zoex101
I feel like i ****ed them up so bad. If I don't get in to uni its probably gunna be because of biology

I'm sure you didn't! I certainly didn't find either of them easy so I would hope the boundaries are lower than my guess :/

If I don't get in it will be because of chem😭I made so many stupid mistakes

Posted from TSR Mobile
Imagine doing everything right for 3 years.

Only needing 209 UMS in Edexcel Maths S2 to get into the med school of your dreams.

Then getting
60/75 in C3
67/75 in C4
48/75 in S2

****ing kill me pls. Goodbye med school :/
Original post by Gradtocket45

Only needing 209 UMS in Edexcel Maths S2 to get into the med school of your dreams.

Then getting
60/75 in C3
67/75 in C4
48/75 in S2

209 in s2?
Original post by ninjass
209 in s2?

think he meant A2:smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Then getting
60/75 in C3
67/75 in C4
48/75 in S2

i don't do edexcel, but why would that not equate to 209 UMS overall? if you got, say, 80 in C3 and 90 in C4 then you only need 39 in S2!
Meant A2

Then getting
60/75 in C3
67/75 in C4
48/75 in S2

Im in a similar position to you, i think my med school chances have gone too. S2 WTF i was getting high in past papers and flopped!
I just hope its 60-62 for an A in s2
But looking at your scores this is what i think worst case scenario: C3: 78, C4:87 S2:65 which means you'd make it comfortably!
Original post by Gradtocket46
Meant A2

With those raw marks you probably got 80 in C3, 82 in C4 and you'd need 47 in S2 and 48/75 should be enough to get that. I think you've gotten your 209 UMS
Original post by tanyapotter
i don't do edexcel, but why would that not equate to 209 UMS overall? if you got, say, 80 in C3 and 90 in C4 then you only need 39 in S2!

Because Edexcel C4 was stupidly easy so 65 will be an A; C3 was fairly standard so 62 for an A and S2 was fairly difficult but loads found it easy: im praying 48 is at least 60
UMS :/

Very very borderline.
Whoa whoa whoa, it's not 7 days to go yet.

You're a bit too eager OP.
Original post by Mathsmad123
Im in a similar position to you, i think my med school chances have gone too. S2 WTF i was getting high in past papers and flopped!
I just hope its 60-62 for an A in s2
But looking at your scores this is what i think worst case scenario: C3: 78, C4:87 S2:65 which means you'd make it comfortably!

I hope so bro. Good luck to you man; where's your offer from?

Quick Reply

Latest