The Student Room Group

Girls have never shown interest in me

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Anonymous
I consider myself an average looking guy, I have a good sense of humour, I dress well and I have a good job. I get on well with people but for some reason a girl has never shown interest in me and they would rather just be friends. I really don't know what I'm doing wrong. I did go out a lot before I started the new job, I did get girls numbers but they always either blanked me or just didn't give any effort in talking to me. I would talk to them first and joke around before getting their number but once I did then they just seemed to give up.

So either I'm just terribly unlucky (22 years old now) or I'm doing something wrong.

I've done so much to try and improve my image by getting a good hair style, buying good clothes and going to the gym but that has not changed things one bit! I've been told by friends that I'm a decent looking guy, but why am I finding it so hard to attract girls?

I don't know what else to do now because I've tried almost everything to make myself look better and to improve my approach. I don't like the concept of online dating so Tinder or any of that is out of the question.

Average isn't good enough.
I'm an extremely good looking guy and mostly I get hideous girls annoying me with their declarations of eternal love and strong urges to mother my children.

It's a repulsive thought, consider yourself lucky you don't have to deal with constant unwanted attention.

I hope this helps
Original post by candymonster
I'm an extremely good looking guy and mostly I get hideous girls annoying me with their declarations of eternal love and strong urges to mother my children.

It's a repulsive thought, consider yourself lucky you don't have to deal with constant unwanted attention.

I hope this helps

Premise 1. extremely good looking guy
Premise 2. Posts on TSR

Conclusion: Computer says no.
Original post by Black Cat

This
Besides your rep gems intimidate me so I'm afraid it will have to remain a mystery
Reply 25
With average looks you always have to work hard since everyone wants to play above their league and date models. You're doing all the right things, I think it's just about persisting. Work on your repartee too, get a successful male or female mate to give you a bit of coaching and flirt with girls of all levels of attractiveness. It will come..
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by candymonster

I hope this helps

That's joking but being serious,the only neg of being goodlooking is the envy from other guys. Getting the attention of girls is no harm :biggrin:
Original post by Zarek
With average looks you always have to work hard since everyone wants to play above their league and date models. You're doing gall the right things, I think it's just about persisting. Work on your repartee too, get a successful male or female mate to give you a bit of coaching and flirt with girls of all levels of attractiveness. It will come..

not if you keep on jumping over your league
Besides your rep gems intimidate me so I'm afraid it will have to remain a mystery

PLLLLLEEEEAAASSSSSSSSEEEEEEEEEEEE. *bats eyelashes*
I consider myself an average looking guy, I have a good sense of humour, I dress well and I have a good job. I get on well with people but for some reason a girl has never shown interest in me and they would rather just be friends. I really don't know what I'm doing wrong. I did go out a lot before I started the new job, I did get girls numbers but they always either blanked me or just didn't give any effort in talking to me. I would talk to them first and joke around before getting their number but once I did then they just seemed to give up.

So either I'm just terribly unlucky (22 years old now) or I'm doing something wrong.

I've done so much to try and improve my image by getting a good hair style, buying good clothes and going to the gym but that has not changed things one bit! I've been told by friends that I'm a decent looking guy, but why am I finding it so hard to attract girls?

I don't know what else to do now because I've tried almost everything to make myself look better and to improve my approach. I don't like the concept of online dating so Tinder or any of that is out of the question.
Go get it.
Original post by Zarek
With average looks you always have to work hard since everyone wants to play above their league and date models. You're doing gall the right things, I think it's just about persisting. Work on your repartee too, get a successful male or female mate to give you a bit of coaching and flirt with girls of all levels of attractiveness. It will come..

Original post by Black Cat

Jesus, in a world where average isn't good enough, what ****ing chance do I have then? Soon, you need to be at least an 8/10 to get an outside chance of being date worthy :s-smilie:
jet fuel can't melt steel beams
jet fuel can't melt steel beams

You're the meanest anon I know.
Reply 33
You've been trying hard, so well done for that. But you shouldn't have to change yourself for anyone else. One day you'll meet someone who appreciates you for you, and that day will come! You just have to be patient and have faith :h:
Average looking girl > Average looking guy

Original post by DW4
You've been trying hard, so well done for that. But you shouldn't have to change yourself for anyone else. One day you'll meet someone who appreciates you for you, and that day will come! You just have to be patient and have faith :h:
It's more like, there's a high possibility that a person will meet someone desperate or insecure enough to actually appreciate their company.
(edited 7 years ago)
Jus don't give up and you will eventually find someone, you are doing everything right.
Do you make it clear you're interested in the girl?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by AdeptDz
Jus don't give up and you will eventually find someone, you are doing everything right.
Do you make it clear you're interested in the girl?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm not OP.
its just biology, I get a fair bit of attention and dont even try maybe its best not too care as much?
:suith:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending