The Student Room Group

Elected NUS Deligate Calls Jewish man 'Subhuman Rat'

Scroll to see replies

Original post by THE EPIC Panda
The point is they weren't allowed to do it. It was against the rules of the of the referendum. They weren't punished for it either. But nothing I could do about it as it wasn't my university.

So, they weren't allowed to protest or hand out fliers to leave at all? Sounds pretty draconian to me.
Original post by toronto353
Oh I don't. I might actually email the NUS about this and see where I get. Our university did have a referendum, but held it at such a silly time of year (during the holidays IIRC) that few people voted (as a percentage) and so we remain affiliated.

I know. The campaigns this year were held at silly times. From what I've heard many other campaigns are pushing for referendums in semester one. Hopefully there will be much better turnouts.
Nazi Union of Students
Original post by TercioOfParma
So, they weren't allowed to protest or hand out fliers to leave at all? Sounds pretty draconian to me.

No. They were using the NUS extra data to text card holders to vote in favour of staying in. This was against the rules as it wasn't fair to the other side. And normally, harassing voters to vote a certain way isn't allowed.
(edited 7 years ago)
Surprise, surprise.
Reply 25
Reply 26
Last week an anti-Muslim troll was sentenced to a 12-month community order, with 180 hours’ unpaid work for his comments on Facebook, Let's see what happens to this guy. :rolleyes:

http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/news/greater-manchester-news/online-troll-muslims-police-facebook-11707461#ICID=sharebar_twitter
Reply 27
Original post by MagicNMedicine
Then we should censor idiots.... .
Sounds like a plan

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending