The Student Room Group

Official AS & A2 Results Day 2016

Scroll to see replies

Original post by tanyapotter
i have a habit of always needing something to worry about. when my exams were going on, i was looking forward to when they finish and for my summer to begin. when my summer began, i told myself i'll only really start celebrating after results day if i get into my firm. but now, if i get into my firm, i'll probably start worrying about university workload and just look forward to next summer all over again instead of enjoying whatever is left of this summer. why can't i just live in the moment?

OMD!!!! i've got the exact same problem. How do u cope? i mean i've everything going out with friends, watching shows, stress eating and etc.. but nothing seems to work. i think im probably going to have a heart attack soon with the amount of daily stress that my body goes through.
Reply 3261
Original post by KBSc
Thank you! You too :biggrin:

Liverpool is my insurance for Chem! I'm hoping York accept me man.. If not - I'll see you there! Do you think that they'll let us in with lower grades?
Original post by girl :D
OMD!!!! i've got the exact same problem. How do u cope? i mean i've everything going out with friends, watching shows, stress eating and etc.. but nothing seems to work. i think im probably going to have a heart attack soon with the amount of daily stress that my body goes through.

sometimes i find that running helps. when you're running, you can't really feel butterflies in your stomach from the anxiety, and when you stop running the adrenaline is enough to keep you feeling a bit better for a long time.

oh, and lots of alcohol and hookahs definitely help too but the first option is far healthier LOL
What time do your schools/colleges open on results day? My college has kind of kept us in the dark about this for us lmao
sometimes i find that running helps. when you're running, you can't really feel butterflies in your stomach from the anxiety, and when you stop running the adrenaline is enough to keep you feeling a bit better for a long time.

oh, and lots of alcohol and hookahs definitely help too but the first option is far healthier LOL

lol thanks, i'll try running first see if it works. if not, then i'll try the second option.
Original post by wickedisgood
What time do your schools/colleges open on results day? My college has kind of kept us in the dark about this for us lmao

My college hasn't told us so we're all assuming it's 9am for A2 and 10am for AS like last year...it'd be nice to be sure though
Good lucks everybody! :smile:
Original post by Serine Soul
I'm so scared of getting a B in Math

I did okay in C3, flunked D1 thinking I don't need to do well in it bc of C3 and C4, then messed up C4

Just my luck lol

Bit silly to neglect an exam because you believe you'll perform well in other exams :/

Posted from TSR Mobile
Anyone else seemed to have forgotten one of their subjects? Like I keep frantically checking my marks to see if i stand a chance of getting an A* in maths and chemistry but what i need to worry about is biology!:biggrin: Everything is gonna come down to my biology grade fml I just need an A:cry2:
Original post by wickedisgood

Email results at 6am
Opens at 9am

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by angoranimi
Anyone else seemed to have forgotten one of their subjects? Like I keep frantically checking my marks to see if i stand a chance of getting an A* in maths and chemistry but what i need to worry about is biology!:biggrin: Everything is gonna come down to my biology grade fml I just need an A:cry2:

Same! I'm fine with chemistry and geography (I got high UMS at AS) but I'm worried about my biology results! Do you do AQA biology? I think I've got:
60/75 unit 4
70/100 unit 5
40/50 ISA

Posted from TSR Mobile
How is it A level results day for some people today?
One week left!!
529af8df-2138-43b3-b657-01b6a8fe8333.jpg
Original post by vik1234
How is it A level results day for some people today?

CIE results isn't it?
one week guys. ONE WEEK AHH

this time next week we're all going to be either struggling to get to sleep or deciding to stay awake all night and panic until the early hours lmao
Original post by Sacred Ground
Same! I'm fine with chemistry and geography (I got high UMS at AS) but I'm worried about my biology results! Do you do AQA biology? I think I've got:
60/75 unit 4
70/100 unit 5
40/50 ISA

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah I do AQA as well! You've probably got an A* by the looks of it. Unit 4 was quite easy tbh but unit 5 is always hard so I don't think you should worry.
I just hope the isa grade boundaries are lowered (yeah right!) because I really don't know how I ended up with a C (most people in my year got Cs and Ds even Us) when it was such an easy paper :s-smilie:
Did you do edexcel chemistry?
Original post by izzy_hill
one week guys. ONE WEEK AHH

this time next week we're all going to be either struggling to get to sleep or deciding to stay awake all night and panic until the early hours lmao

Are you on the sleep side or all nighter? :tongue: I'm going to try to sleep but I don't know how well I'll manage, my hope is to sleep until I have to wake up to get ready but I don't know if I'll manage it...5 hours sleep would be good!
this literally happened with me and D2 :frown:

:frown:
Original post by Ayman!
With your AS UMS? No way!

If I scrape an E in D1, B in C4, A* in C3, I should end up with 484 UMS

I'm scared that I've done a lot worse than I think!

Original post by Sacred Ground
Bit silly to neglect an exam because you believe you'll perform well in other exams :/

Posted from TSR Mobile

I didn't really neglect it tbh. I just thought C4 is very hard and I need to work on it, and I might as well aim for the A* in Maths too as a safety net to meet my firm offer, so I was a lot more driven on C3 & C4 (if I scraped an A*, averaging both, I'd only need 16 UMS in D1). It's just that a fairly easy C4 paper didn't go as well as I hoped due to silly mistakes.

Don't get me wrong, I did work hard for D1 too, I didn't neglect it because I knew that I may be in this situation. I knew all the methods, definitions, explanations but after I came out of the exam, most of my numbers seemed wrong compared to everyone else,. I comforted myself with the thought that doing well in C3 and C4 will overcome that, but coming out of the C4 exam really scuppered my confidence in Math :redface:
Lol this is a long shot but did anyone do wjec law? :erm:
I don't get why the countdown updates at midnight :/ Results aren't released until at least 6 hours later.

Quick Reply

Latest