The Student Room Group

MPharm pharmacy at Wolverhampton University

Hi everyone

Was wondering when you do placements from yr1 to yr 4 of MPharm at Wolves?
I checked their course outline on the website and it doesn't mention anything about placements.

Also any tips for getting a headstart for yr1 of the degree?

Any answers would be appreciated, thanks

:smile:
Email them and ask. You may also be able to get contact info for current students.
Reply 2
Hi, I will be starting 3rd year this year!
When I started back in 2014, they introduced a new course. This course is still being delivered so you should be completing the same number of placements that I completed in year 1 & 2.
Both in year 1 & 2 I completed two community placements & one hospital placements. These were one-day placements! However this may or may not vary for you.

Hope that helps and all the best! Feel free to ask more questions! :smile:
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 3
I dont want to be a buzz kill but Mpharm graduates arent exactly doing too well at the moment. A few of my mpharm friends are unemployed and can only find jobs in small, local pharmacies. I dont get the appeal in doing a pharmacy degree? You hand out birth control pills and condoms..not exactly rewarding is it?
Reply 4
More and more job opportunities are arising now as pharmacists will be needed in GP surgeries... And as for the reward, salary ain't too bad mate
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 5
Original post by Hum123
Hi, I will be starting 3rd year this year!
When I started back in 2014, they introduced a new course. This course is still being delivered so you should be completing the same number of placements that I completed in year 1 & 2.
Both in year 1 & 2 I completed two community placemats & one hospital placements. These were one-day placements! However this may or may not vary for you.

Hope that helps and all the best! Feel free to ask more questions! :smile:

Ah okay thanks so much for ur kind reply :smile:
Can I ask, what was ur timetable like? Pretty full on? And do u get any days off?

Thanks again
Reply 6
Original post by Moonbaby007
Ah okay thanks so much for ur kind reply :smile:
Can I ask, what was ur timetable like? Pretty full on? And do u get any days off?

Thanks again

No worries :smile:

My timetable wasn't too bad! Second year is a lot less hectic than first year but even first year was fine!
You may feel overwhelmed at first but that's with any new starting; you get the hang of it!
We did have a day off. Again not sure if that's the case!

Your timetable for the whole year isn't fixed as some sessions may be switched with others, but usually that doesn't happen so it's pretty much the same routine each week!
Reply 7
Original post by Gman786
I dont want to be a buzz kill but Mpharm graduates arent exactly doing too well at the moment. A few of my mpharm friends are unemployed and can only find jobs in small, local pharmacies. I dont get the appeal in doing a pharmacy degree? You hand out birth control pills and condoms..not exactly rewarding is it?

I know of many MPharm graduates who are successful in securing a job! Your friends need to search harder.

And trust me, there's more to pharmacy than just handing out condoms and birth control pills.
Reply 8
Ill be starting pharmacy at Wolves this october, anyone else? :biggrin:
Reply 9
Original post by hugo13
Ill be starting pharmacy at Wolves this october, anyone else? :biggrin:

hi there

My first lesson is starting in October, but I have to go to welcome week which starts on the 26th of September.
Reply 10
Original post by Dean5
hi there

My first lesson is starting in October, but I have to go to welcome week which starts on the 26th of September.

Is welcome week compulsary? I thought I'd get a letter through the post with more info about enrolment etc. when do lectures start
Reply 11
Original post by hugo13
Is welcome week compulsary? I thought I'd get a letter through the post with more info about enrolment etc. when do lectures start

Hi there

Im not to sure to be honest, I spoke to them today about my time table and asked about the 26th of September, I looked at the welcome week through out the week, I would say it is important... Also my first lessons starts on the 3rd of October. I think its molecules, cells and system.. Have a look at the link and scroll down to pharmacy level 4.

http://www.wlv.ac.uk/study-here/new-students/when-you-arrive/course-inductions/school-of-pharmacy/

kind regards
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 12
Hi everyone!
Congratulations and all the best on studying pharmacy! I hope you all enjoy it!

To those of you who are wondering if welcome week is compulsory, majority of the sessions held during welcome week are compulsory. You will be informed prior to each session whether they are compulsory or not.

Hope that helps :smile:
(edited 7 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending