The Student Room Group

Official AS & A2 Results Day 2016

Scroll to see replies

I'm so stressed that I went to Tescos at midnight to buy some cheese and tomato pasta
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Serine Soul
I'm so stressed that I went to Tescos at midnight to buy some cheese and tomato pasta

There, I saw a fruit + veg worker bitterly refilling shelves and thought 'what if I end up like that??' :cry:

Sincerely, just for that last phrase you said I wish that at some point you will end up exactly like that person.
Why haven't the stats mark schemes been released? Come on Edexcel lol
Who else read last year's A level results day thread? Or is that weird haha?
Original post by pecora
Sincerely, just for that last phrase you said I wish that at some point you will end up exactly like that person.

Look, I said bitterly because he was swearing and spewing racial abuse under his breath while he did so.

I didn't mean that I don't ever want to stock shelves, I meant that I don't ever want to be so bitter like him.

But if that's what you'd like for me, that's okay
Original post by Sacred Ground
Same! I'm fine with chemistry and geography (I got high UMS at AS) but I'm worried about my biology results! Do you do AQA biology? I think I've got:
60/75 unit 4
70/100 unit 5
40/50 ISA

Posted from TSR Mobile

Oh wow I do AQA Bio too and I'm worried sick as well cos I need an A*. :cry:
What do you reckon the boundaries would be?
I think I've got 52/75 for Unit 4 (I agree it was really easy but I've made so many silly mistakes), 73/100 for Unit 5 and 38/50 for EMPA...
Also do you mind me asking which board's Geography do you do? Thank you!!
I'm scared
Original post by MoonVirgo
Oh wow I do AQA Bio too and I'm worried sick as well cos I need an A*. :cry:
What do you reckon the boundaries would be?
I think I've got 52/75 for Unit 4 (I agree it was really easy but I've made so many silly mistakes), 73/100 for Unit 5 and 38/50 for EMPA...
Also do you mind me asking which board's Geography do you do? Thank you!!

You should have a B in unit 4 and an A* in unit 5 then :smile:

I did AQA geography - ecosystems, tectonics and world cities. I got 196/200 at AS but I didn't like this years unit 3 paper :/ I'm thinking 63/90 in unit 3

Boundaries for biology imo:
Unit 4 - 60 A*, 55 A
Unit 5 - 68 A*, 62 A
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Serine Soul
Look, I said bitterly because he was swearing and spewing racial abuse under his breath while he did so.

I didn't mean that I don't ever want to stock shelves, I meant that I don't ever want to be so bitter like him.

But if that's what you'd like for me, that's okay

Sure...that's what you meant.
Original post by angoranimi
Yeah I do AQA as well! You've probably got an A* by the looks of it. Unit 4 was quite easy tbh but unit 5 is always hard so I don't think you should worry.
I just hope the isa grade boundaries are lowered (yeah right!) because I really don't know how I ended up with a C (most people in my year got Cs and Ds even Us) when it was such an easy paper :s-smilie:
Did you do edexcel chemistry?

Ugh! Tell me about it- I got a U in my AS biology ISA haha. I did AQA chemistry though :frown:
Original post by boredaf123
Sure...that's what you meant.

You read it how you want, maybe I phrased it wrong, it's gone now anyway.
Ugh! Tell me about it- I got a U in my AS biology ISA haha. I did AQA chemistry though :frown:

How did you think the aqa u4 chem was? I feel the bounderies may still be higher than u5
Step results maybe
Original post by target21859
I don't get why the countdown updates at midnight :/ Results aren't released until at least 6 hours later.
Original post by ninjass
Step results maybe

Maybe. It doesn't really matter as I have a countdown of my own ^^ on my phone
Original post by ninjass
How did you think the aqa u4 chem was? I feel the bounderies may still be higher than u5

Chem 4 was plain weird, definitely the hardest Chem 4 paper I've done - I think the boundaries will drop a lot (like 5 marks per grade)
Chem 5 was pretty standard, nothing surprising in that exam tbh - straight forward

How did you find them?
Everyone is talking about a2, I am not looking forward to next year this time when I'll be so stressed for results date .. I did as this year, anyone here who did it and want to discuss about it
A2 results is simply a different ball game compared to AS, NO ONE wants to retake A2 whilst their mates are at uni. At least with AS you knew you were dropping a subject and you had the retakes to fall on.
You should have a B in unit 4 and an A* in unit 5 then :smile:

I did AQA geography - ecosystems, tectonics and world cities. I got 196/200 at AS but I didn't like this years unit 3 paper :/ I'm thinking 63/90 in unit 3

Boundaries for biology imo:
Unit 4 - 60 A*, 55 A
Unit 5 - 68 A*, 62 A

Ahh ok thanks! Do you think there's any chance that my Unit 5 could be full UMS? Cos I'd really need my Bio to average into an A*...

Oh right I did Edexcel. You'll be fine with Geog given the high AS. :smile: I hate my Unit 3 too lol.

God ISAs are the worst! The raw marks between the grades are enough to make me throw up lol
Dunno how AQA's papers were but Unit 4 for Edexcel Chemistry was ridiculously hard :smile: Unit 5 was easy but I don't even know what to expect with the boundaries
(edited 7 years ago)
I'm not worried, I just wanna know what I got.

(AS)

Quick Reply

Latest