The Student Room Group

Adult nursing placement

I have a part time job at tescos and I'm just wondering whether or not my placements will be able to work around my shift pattern at tescos ? Like are the placement hours flexible to a extent or will I able to choose them or will tescos work around my placement hours as i have set shifts which are the same every week !
Original post by Unistudent6943
I have a part time job at tescos and I'm just wondering whether or not my placements will be able to work around my shift pattern at tescos ? Like are the placement hours flexible to a extent or will I able to choose them or will tescos work around my placement hours as i have set shifts which are the same every week !

Placement comes first. You will be expected to fit Tesco in around placement, not the other way around.

Some placements will have a degree of flexibility, but your shifts will generally mirror your mentor and so it depends what they work. It also depends on the shift patterns of that ward. Do they do long day or short, 7.5hour, shifts.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Do you get like a placement time table that I can give into tesco so they can try and work something out , I'll mention it when I talk to them about changing my shifts due to my uni hours

Posted from TSR Mobile
Do you get like a placement time table that I can give into tesco so they can try and work something out , I'll mention it when I talk to them about changing my shifts due to my uni hours

Posted from TSR Mobile

No. Often off duty isn't done more than a few weeks in advance, if you're lucky. It depends on the ward.

You're better off not having set shifts, if possible. It isn't really feasible around placement. How flexible can Tesco be with you?

Posted from TSR Mobile
I'm not sure as I only just started

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 5
I'm not sure as I only just started

Posted from TSR Mobile

Tesco needs to fit round placement. At the minute my placement is Monday to Friday so I can't do any side work at the minute. If you was doing long days you'd do 3 so maybe you could fit tesco in them other 4 days but you'd be shattered! All depends on the bigger picture and what hours you do at tesco

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending