-It needs to show that you are an interesting person
Original post by Trapz99
-outstanding ECs
-excellent grades
-Some work experience maybe
-Shows great leadership, teamwork and communication skills through ECs
-CV needs to look concise and clear
-It needs to show that you are an interesting person

Cool thanks, going to use that as a check list. Anyways I think I'll get good grades and only work experience I have so far is working in a nursery 😕; how do you show your interesting doe? Through EC? Volunteering idk

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by AdeptDz
Cool thanks, going to use that as a check list. Anyways I think I'll get good grades and only work experience I have so far is working in a nursery 😕; how do you show your interesting doe? Through EC? Volunteering idk

Posted from TSR Mobile

That working for nursery could be a lot lot more useful than what you think if you market it the right way! Interesting is mainly through EC mainly, again, very important to market it the right way to make it sound interesting.. remember a CV is just an advert
Reply 503
Original post by Trapz99
You're going to need an outstanding CV if you want to get places at Spring weeks. They're not going to select average applicants and there are plenty of amazing candidates so you need to present yourself as an amazing candidate. The date that you apply doesn't matter unless the bank views applicants on a rolling basis.

Thanks for the answer! I am actually applying for summer internships and have a decent CV (studying at a target, related experience, finance ECs, etc.) but nothing spectacular. Therefore, I am having problems deciding whether it's more efficient to apply now or in September.

And I assumed that all BBs/EBs recruited on a rolling basis.
Original post by katuok
Thanks for the answer! I am actually applying for summer internships and have a decent CV (studying at a target, related experience, finance ECs, etc.) but nothing spectacular. Therefore, I am having problems deciding whether it's more efficient to apply now or in September.

And I assumed that all BBs/EBs recruited on a rolling basis.

Applying now or like first half of September wont make much difference
Reply 505
Hi Guys,

Do you know whether there are any summer internships (summer 2017) I can apply for if I am going to start first year uni this September
Original post by flairs
Hi Guys,

Do you know whether there are any summer internships (summer 2017) I can apply for if I am going to start first year uni this September

Hsbc, bny mellon, already covered this on the SW thread

Posted from TSR Mobile
wahgwan melts, whats open other than UBS?
Original post by TheParham
That working for nursery could be a lot lot more useful than what you think if you market it the right way! Interesting is mainly through EC mainly, again, very important to market it the right way to make it sound interesting.. remember a CV is just an advert

Cool, I'm guessing responsibilities, and thanks for the reply

Posted from TSR Mobile
As a year 12 I can only apply for insight days right? I've seen a few but they aren't open yet, I guess September?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hi guys. Was just wondering if any of you have some nice tips on how to prepare for the technical questions. I will be applying for PE and most likely S&T. Assume for S&T I am pretty well set, but how much in-depth knowledge do you think it requires of DCF, LBO etc. for a PE internship interview?
Original post by AdeptDz
As a year 12 I can only apply for insight days right? I've seen a few but they aren't open yet, I guess September?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah they havent opened yet.
Original post by brian_sp12
Hi guys. Was just wondering if any of you have some nice tips on how to prepare for the technical questions. I will be applying for PE and most likely S&T. Assume for S&T I am pretty well set, but how much in-depth knowledge do you think it requires of DCF, LBO etc. for a PE internship interview?

Breaking into Wall Street, WSO technicals guide, macabus, investment banking by rosenbaum etc.

You will be grilled if it's PE. One of my mates interviewed for a summer PE gig last year through a headhunter and they didn't go easy on them at all.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Trapz99
Yeah they havent opened yet.

Safe

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 514
Original post by Princepieman
Breaking into Wall Street, WSO technicals guide, macabus, investment banking by rosenbaum etc.

You will be grilled if it's PE. One of my mates interviewed for a summer PE gig last year through a headhunter and they didn't go easy on them at all.

Posted from TSR Mobile

How much would you be expected to know for an IB SA?
Original post by Iopa
How much would you be expected to know for an IB SA?

A lot still, but you probably won't get grilled as much as you would for PE.

Just read up on technicals as much as you can and find previous interview Qs.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 516
A lot still, but you probably won't get grilled as much as you would for PE.

Just read up on technicals as much as you can and find previous interview Qs.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thankyouuuuu
Reply 517
Original post by TheParham
Applying now or like first half of September wont make much difference

Thanks, hope that's the case
Reply 518
Hsbc, bny mellon, already covered this on the SW thread

Posted from TSR Mobile

cheers
What % of summer interviews are competency based?

Much prefer motivational / cv / technical interviews

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending