The Student Room Group

CIE A-Levels

Scroll to see replies

Original post by H.Granger
I just found out that IGCSE grade boundaries for 2016 have been released. Those for A-Level should be realised soon too. Keep checking xtremepapers cie forum folks.

Have been a part of 3 A level sessions in the past so from experience, it seems unlikely. I'd advice not keeping your hopes up for an early release. In any case, GTs really are useless with predicting your grade IMO without a mark scheme and you remembering each and every answer of yours.

I'd suggest just logging in/going to school to collect your results with a cool head, hoping for the best but being prepared for the worst. If something goes wrong, you'd never be able to cope otherwise.

Either way, good luck! Are these everyone's AS or A2 results?
I just found out that IGCSE grade boundaries for 2016 have been released. Those for A-Level should be realised soon too. Keep checking xtremepapers cie forum folks.

Where are the IGCSE grade boundaries? Can you link them?
Original post by theonetruequeen
Have been a part of 3 A level sessions in the past so from experience, it seems unlikely. I'd advice not keeping your hopes up for an early release. In any case, GTs really are useless with predicting your grade IMO without a mark scheme and you remembering each and every answer of yours.

I'd suggest just logging in/going to school to collect your results with a cool head, hoping for the best but being prepared for the worst. If something goes wrong, you'd never be able to cope otherwise.

Either way, good luck! Are these everyone's AS or A2 results?

Hey Thanks!! I guess checking through school is the only reliable way. It's just that I'm really nervous and so I keep finding something to do lol! I'm waiting for my A2 grades btw.:smile:
Original post by CIEBioloysifh
Where are the IGCSE grade boundaries? Can you link them?

Hi there!! I suggest you go to xtremepapers cie forum and check the thread named 'grade threshold 2016??'. But trust me, there's still nothing about A level boundaries. And there doesn't seem to be a link which I could share here as the user just wrote down the mark boundaries for IGCSE Maths so it may not be true. I honestly think we are only going to get those boundaries after results day. Good Luck!!!
Reply 24
Guys!! The results are online! :smile:
I got c(68) in Mathematics and a(86) in History As Level.
I'm probably planning to have Mathematics remarked
Hey Thanks!! I guess checking through school is the only reliable way. It's just that I'm really nervous and so I keep finding something to do lol! I'm waiting for my A2 grades btw.:smile:

I was waiting for my A2 results too! I got the grades woohoo :smile::biggrin: but Track didn't update yet...you?
A in Physics, Chemistry, Biology :smile:)))
Original post by kingofthejungle2

Congrats!! I got AAA in Biology, Chemistry, and Applied ICT
I got an A in Economics and Maths, and a B in English Language! Really satisfied with what I got.
Anyone know when Track will update??
Original post by kingofthejungle2

Original post by adriansjahid
I got an A in Economics and Maths, and a B in English Language! Really satisfied with what I got.

Did your Track update?
Is the result shown for A-level your final grade? Eg. Mine says Computing (AL) A, is that A for this year or A overall?
Original post by Apolexian
Is the result shown for A-level your final grade? Eg. Mine says Computing (AL) A, is that A for this year or A overall?

A overall
Original post by Apolexian

Capital "A" means full A level grade.
Small "a" means As Level grade
So congratulations on your A
Original post by OmarAli_O98
A overall

Thats quiet shocking considering i needed 90+ this year to get an overall A xD
Original post by Charles Dupiau
Capital "A" means full A level grade.
Small "a" means As Level grade
So congratulations on your A

Thank you :-)
My track hasn't updated yet. I'm guessing it'll only do so on the 18th when the other exam boards release their results?
Guys what is a low A and what is a high A in Literature in English I am confused...
Won't get to see my results till evening :frown:

When are the GTs released? And if they have been can someone link me to them? :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest