The Student Room Group

Does anybody else get nostalgic playing old games?

I found my 3DS the other day and was playing games such as mario kart and Sims 2 which are from years ago when I was younger and I was getting so nostalgic. I think maybe it's the thought of knowing I'm probably the only one playing it...

Anyone else get like this? haha. :redface:

Scroll to see replies

Original post by MaterialBoy
I found my 3DS the other day and was playing games such as mario kart and Sims 2 which are from years ago when I was younger and I was getting so nostalgic. I think maybe it's the thought of knowing I'm probably the only one playing it...

Yeah, I found my old DS a few weeks ago and Cooking Mama is just as good as I remember! :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Definitely! Games like Return to Krondor, Gabriel Knight 3 and Theme Hospital really bring out the nostalgic feelings. :yes:
Reply 3
I get that when I play emulators, especially with Sonic and Mario Kart :colondollar:
Yes, I even get nostalgic just thinking about it and older games usually had better soundtracks, so that adds to it. Mario Kart 64, double dash and Zelda OOT and Majoras mask bring nostalgic feelings; pretty much anything Nintendo.
Original post by Spock's Socks
I get that when I play emulators, especially with Sonic and Mario Kart :colondollar:

I remember a while ago I got my nephew a Nintendo Wii for xmas but he was busy playing with his other stuff, so I installed a Mega Drive emulator and a load of games on it and my brother and I sat there with the Wii controllers the whole of boxing day and played all the games we used to play together as kids :h: Probably the first time we've ever played games together all day and it didn't end up in a punch-up :rofl:
Yeah

-Dragon Fable
-Club Penguin
-Runescape
-Dynasty Warriors
-Crossfire FPS

My childhood
No. No one ever gets nostalgic doing things they used to do. That's not pretty much the definition of the word 'nostalgic' at all. In fact, the word doesn't exist.
Medieval I, Medal of Honour and Gran Turismo 4 make me nostalgic. Also used to play Doom 2 with friends at school over the school network.
Reply 9
Right...
Original post by ozzyoscy
No. No one ever gets nostalgic doing things they used to do. That's not pretty much the definition of the word 'nostalgic' at all. In fact, the word doesn't exist.
Reply 10
Just got GTA San Andreas on Steam and feeling the nostalgia. Perfect game for an 11 year old

Old games? I was expecting to see a discussion about conkers, marbles, British bulldog, French cricket, blind man's buff, postman's knock, statues, hopscotch, hunt the thimble, musical chairs, and Chinese whispers, not talk of modern but slightly out-of-date technology.
Lmao
Original post by 1 8 13 20 42
Just got GTA San Andreas on Steam and feeling the nostalgia. Perfect game for an 11 year old
Aw
Original post by Good bloke
Old games? I was expecting to see a discussion about conkers, marbles, British bulldog, French cricket, blind man's buff, postman's knock, statues, hopscotch, hunt the thimble, musical chairs, and Chinese whispers, not talk of modern but slightly out-of-date technology.
Right...

Stupid question; stupid answer.
Oh.
Stupid question; stupid answer.

nostalgic.png
Lmao
Original post by honour
nostalgic.png
Original post by honour
nostalgic.png

Wow.

It was sarcasm.

Really obvious sarcasm.

WOW.
Lmao

You don't need to reply to every post with 2-letter and 4-letter replies. No one cares if you go 'aw' or 'oh' or 'lmao'. Thank you for your input.

Quick Reply

Latest