The Student Room Group
Group Work, University of Portsmouth
University of Portsmouth
Portsmouth

Moving into halls

Was just wondering if there was any way to find out when exactly it is we're able to start moving in.

I know it says that the contract starts on the 17th. Does that mean it's from the 17th onwards? Just want to make sure so I know who I can ask for help moving a few things.

If it makes any difference I'm in the Harry Law halls.

Thanks!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by PostludePrelude
Was just wondering if there was any way to find out when exactly it is we're able to start moving in.

I know it says that the contract starts on the 17th. Does that mean it's from the 17th onwards? Just want to make sure so I know who I can ask for help moving a few things.

If it makes any difference I'm in the Harry Law halls.

Thanks!

Hey! You can move in over the weekend of 17th-18th September. You will get more details about booking a moving-in slot etc. from August onwards (normally after the A-level results are out and we know everyone is coming!)
Group Work, University of Portsmouth
University of Portsmouth
Portsmouth
Original post by UoPHousingTeam
Hey! You can move in over the weekend of 17th-18th September. You will get more details about booking a moving-in slot etc. from August onwards (normally after the A-level results are out and we know everyone is coming!)

Ah I see, thanks you very much!
That's odd, my 'contract date' says it starts on the 12th of September so I assumed I'd be permitted to move in from that date?

Greetham Street Halls
Original post by RyKristian
That's odd, my 'contract date' says it starts on the 12th of September so I assumed I'd be permitted to move in from that date?

Greetham Street Halls

Unite Students can start moving in from the 12th September; UoP-hall students from the 17th!
Unite Students can start moving in from the 12th September; UoP-hall students from the 17th!

:curious:

sweet!!
does anyone know if there is a chance to view the accommodation before moving in? just so i can understand how much room I'm working with, since i don't remember much of the layout from the open day
Original post by Anastasia626
does anyone know if there is a chance to view the accommodation before moving in? just so i can understand how much room I'm working with, since i don't remember much of the layout from the open day

Sadly not I am afraid but I can try and advise!! Which hall are you in?! - Hannah from the Student Housing team.
Reply 8
Will we get some sort of list of what we need to bring with us? I have a general idea of what we will need to take with us, but having a specific list would make it so much easier.
Reply 9
Original post by Lyizn
Will we get some sort of list of what we need to bring with us? I have a general idea of what we will need to take with us, but having a specific list would make it so much easier.

Theres lists all over the internet that say what you will need and what you wont need just have a look around sure you will find one.
Hello, Christine from the Info Centre here, there is a list of what to bring on this page
http://www.port.ac.uk/students/halls-of-residence/moving-inmoving-out/
Sadly not I am afraid but I can try and advise!! Which hall are you in?! - Hannah from the Student Housing team.

im in Harry Law Hall
Do we have to visit the uni to enrol before moving in, or do we enrol on the day we move in?
Hello, Christine from the Info Centre here, the online registration opens from 19th Aug, this is where you set up your email accounts and order your student card. This will be available here:
http://www.port.ac.uk/students/student-registration/
You register your arrival for your course during induction week so you can just concentrate on moving in and getting settled on your moving day.
Best wishes
I've done all my accommodation application and everything, I've been allocated to Harry Law Halls and signed the contract nd all that stuff. do you think this makes it harder for them to reject me on results day if i don't make the grade, are they more likely to accept me if my application is as advanced as it is?
also, if the worst happens, how do i get my deposit back?
Original post by UoP InfoCentre
Hello, Christine from the Info Centre here, the online registration opens from 19th Aug, this is where you set up your email accounts and order your student card. This will be available here:
http://www.port.ac.uk/students/student-registration/
You register your arrival for your course during induction week so you can just concentrate on moving in and getting settled on your moving day.
Best wishes

when looking at student accounts in banks, they ask for a letter of confirmation of enrolment, but if we register after we move in, how do we apply for a student account in time? my loan is supposed to come in on the 19th. can you advice on the best time and procedure to opening an account in time?
Hello, Christine again, It is normal for banks to ask for confirmation of your student status before opening an account. The academic registry will
be able to provide you with this during induction week, just pop in to University House to see them. Most of the high street banks have branches in town so it will be easy to pop in to see them with your proof. Student Finance can answer any specific questions you have about your fees and student loan, you can email them on [email protected] or call 02392 843014. The fact that you have been offered a place in halls will have no bearing on your admissions application, if you do not meet the conditions of your offer and do not get your place give Admissions a call and
they will be able to help you, the clearing line for Thursday is 02392 848000. If you need to get your halls deposit back you just need email
Student Housing on [email protected] to advise that you no longer require your room. Try not to worry we are all here to help whatever happens. Good luck for Thursday
Who's got accommodation in james watson
Original post by RyKristian

Greetham Street Halls

I'm in Greetham Street Halls as well :smile: Do you know your block number yet?
Original post by ImSavannahMarie
I'm in Greetham Street Halls as well :smile: Do you know your block number yet?

Sweet :smile: I'm in core B flat 613, where about's are you?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending