The Student Room Group

Official AS & A2 Results Day 2016

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Aph
Yeah, for really long essays that's definitely true, for smaller essay subjects (geography, Psycology ect.) you can probably get a reasonable estimate. Even in science you can have to revise your estimates too after looking at unofficial mark schemes.

I agree and yet I don't think I can do an estimate for my Geog lol, cos like, having looked at the mark scheme, for one question (15 marks) I've met exactly one descriptor within all 4 'levels' available for the question, so I have no idea at all how they'd have marked it and which level they'd have put me in. Would they just give up and give me the median mark like 7.5 lol?
7 days until everyone I love and care about will be disappointed with me. :indiff:
0343 And all i'm doing is sitting at my desk asking myself how the hell is there only a week to go already?
Original post by SinsNotTragedies
7 days until everyone I love and care about will be disappointed with me. :indiff:

That's the spirit :h:
One week left...
as long as you meet your offer, is there any evidence to suggest that universities mind if you don't meet your predicted grades? eg. if an offer was A*AA and i got A*AAB but i was predicted A*A*A*A, will universities look down on this despite me going there?
(edited 7 years ago)
Obviously I want to know. But I'm pretty sure I got in to my insurance and not my firm. So I'll be dissapointed, so then I dont want to know. Anyone else like that?
Original post by tanyapotter
as long as you meet your offer, is there any evidence to suggest that universities mind if you don't meet your predicted grades? eg. if an offer was A*AA and i got A*AAB but i was predicted A*A*A*A, will universities look down on this despite me going there?

As long as you meet your offer it won't matter :smile:
A week left... eek :frown:
Reading that CIE results makes me even more worried, ugh :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by nobodycarescarla
Obviously I want to know. But I'm pretty sure I got in to my insurance and not my firm. So I'll be dissapointed, so then I dont want to know. Anyone else like that?

100%. I just want to know what I got but I know I haven't got into my firm so I also don't want to know

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3311
nooooooooooooooooppppppeeeeeeeee, just nope, I'm too nervous for this:no:
My insurance was manchester with ABB and I got BBB today. What are my chances of getting accepted? (I am an international student)
I know that our Universities get our results a few days before we do, but is it like a week before (so sometime today) or is it like 4-5 days?? I'm just curious as to when they find out how bad I did 😂😂
Original post by QueenBee98
I know that our Universities get our results a few days before we do, but is it like a week before (so sometime today) or is it like 4-5 days?? I'm just curious as to when they find out how bad I did 😂😂

I think universities get our results on Sunday, though they might not look at them until Monday.
Reply 3315
Did anyone do Sociology and Psychology with AQA? How low do you think the grade boundaries for Sociology (SCLY4) will be? And the grade boundaries for Psychology??
Reply 3316
Did anyone do Sociology and Psychology with AQA? How low do you think the grade boundaries will be for SCLY4 and Psychology??
Reply 3317
Original post by QueenBee98

UCAS got them today, they are matching them to our applications and Sunday they send our results to the unis. So as I said a few days ago the unstoppable ball is now moving and our futures are fixed.
Gonna vomit
FML

Quick Reply