The Student Room Group

Dental Hygiene and Therapy 2017

Hi, I don't think there is a thread for those who are looking to do dental hygiene and therapy for the 2017 entry so I made one:smile: Hopefully get to know some potential peers??

Scroll to see replies

Hi
Im.hoping to apply for the 2017 intake, im a dental nurse of 6 years and dental radiography qualified. Im starting an access course this sept so hopefully will get the application in on time.

Where are u applying too?
Im hopeful for sheffield or leeds
Reply 2
Oh nice, I am currently doing my A levels and im hoping to apply to Cardiff, Leeds, Birmingham and perhap Queen Mary London.
Hi are you applying for the diploma or degree course as I am unsure
Reply 4
Hi, I will be applying for Kings for 2017 intake
Reply 5
Original post by teef
I've just finished 1st year of DHT, if you need any help feel free to ask.

Hi, I have had onw attempt to apply but i was not the chosen one, but I was invited to an interview. Do you have any advice?
Reply 6
Hey
I've applied to Liverpool last year and got as far as interview but didn't get the place.
So applying to Sheffield next. I went for an open day today and I've been told that math is not a science subject. So I'm quite confused now. Liverpool had the same requirements (2 A levels, one in science subject, preferably biology) and they had no problem with my math A level.
I'm very concerned now. Anyone else in the same situation?
(edited 7 years ago)
Hey,
I've applied for DHT at Kings College Hospital, waiting to here back.
I'm a dental nurse, completed my dental nursing course at Kings College hospital from 2014-16. Currently working in a private practice. I have 2 A levels grade B, and biology AS level at a D. Might have to retake my biology if i don't get in this year!

good luck to everyone
Hi all!! I ve been accepted to do Dental Hygiene and Therapy at Teesside next year (September 2017) anyone else had a firm offer for this??
Original post by teef
I've just finished 1st year of DHT, if you need any help feel free to ask.

Hi!! I am starting the DHT course next September! What work did you currently do in year one and what books are you using? :smile:
I'm applying to Cardiff, Leeds, Newcastle, Plymouth and Portsmouth via UCAS for 2017. I know that some universities accept direct applications, such as Sheffield, so I might apply to them too once I do more research.

A bit about me: I'm 22, completed A Levels a few years ago (BBC, including Biology at B), and I recently finished an Access to HE Science course with 45 Distinctions. I'm really lacking in dental work experience though so I'm trying my best to get that sorted out!
Reply 11
hi, anyone here got short listed for Kings College?
I have an interview for Kings on the 5th September and they have asked me to bring something I have made or developed??? :/
(edited 7 years ago)
Hi di you know anything on the dental therapy course interview?
Original post by Ceilidoll
I have an interview for Kings on the 5th September and they have asked me to bring something I have made or developed??? :/

Hey what grades/qualifications did you have? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Heyy, I have an NVQ/VRQ level 3 dental nursing, C in gcse English, access to science diploma 45 credits at merit or above and have re-sat my maths gcse hoping to achieve the C grade. I think my qualifications are like the lowest entry though
Heyy, I have an NVQ/VRQ level 3 dental nursing, C in gcse English, access to science diploma 45 credits at merit or above and have re-sat my maths gcse hoping to achieve the C grade. I think my qualifications are like the lowest entry though
Original post by Shainalaw

Posted from TSR Mobile

Original post by Shainalaw

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 17
Hi everyone.
I have a national diploma in dental nursing, 3.5 years of nursing experience and A levels in Maths and English (both A's) and lots of relevant gcse's (A's and B's).
I didn't get a place this year so I'm thinking about doing an access course. Would anyone recommend one? Are they all full time and 9k per year? And can you get a student loan to cover that? Any info would be appreciated. Thank you
Original post by EvieEve
Hi everyone.
I have a national diploma in dental nursing, 3.5 years of nursing experience and A levels in Maths and English (both A's) and lots of relevant gcse's (A's and B's).
I didn't get a place this year so I'm thinking about doing an access course. Would anyone recommend one? Are they all full time and 9k per year? And can you get a student loan to cover that? Any info would be appreciated. Thank you

I did an access course and the government funded it so there were no fees to pay. Mine was full time which was 2.5 full days. I had to do it as i didnt have any A levels and only a couple GCSEs and had to retake my maths GCSE also. If you havent already done so I would probably look into radiography or oral health education courses as the access courses are a mixture between GCSE, A level and A2 and its seems you already have high grades, but thats just what i would probably do. Hope that helps a little x
I also have an interview for kings!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest