The Student Room Group

Guys I am really confused, please help me!

Okay I'll try to summarise as much as I can.

Me and a guy became friends, we got along really well. He does have a gf, but she doesn't mind him having female friends or chatting to them. Anyways in the past we did have issues like he has ignored me in the past, but then after bugging him why he told he needed space. I said ok I wont bother u, but he said he still wants to stay in touch. So i stopped texting often and texted after a week or two.. I was really down and sent him a paragraph on how down i was feeling, and regretting what I did in the past... nothing to do with him. He saw the message 6h later around midnight and blanked it.

It hurt... so after 3 days I asked why did u blank it? Is everything okay cuz I don't want to break our friendship with some assumption, but if u ignore this assume our friendship is over.

He ignored that aswell.

What should I do?
Original post by Anonymous

Me and a guy became friends, we got along really well. He does have a gf, but she doesn't mind him having female friends or chatting to them. Anyways in the past we did have issues like he has ignored me in the past, but then after bugging him why he told he needed space. I said ok I wont bother u, but he said he still wants to stay in touch. So i stopped texting often and texted after a week or two.. I was really down and sent him a paragraph on how down i was feeling, and regretting what I did in the past... nothing to do with him. He saw the message 6h later around midnight and blanked it.

It hurt... so after 3 days I asked why did u blank it? Is everything okay cuz I don't want to break our friendship with some assumption, but if u ignore this assume our friendship is over.

He ignored that aswell.

What should I do?

I would leave it if I were you - if he doesn't want to talk, he won't respond. If you repeatedly ask him why he isn't talking to you then, in all honesty, that's more than likely going to make him ignore you for an even longer period of time.

Wait until he responds before you send him another message. If he doesn't reply, then it isn't worth the hassle - just leave it at that.

When he is ready to talk he will message you :smile: Just try to occupy yourself with other things :biggrin:
Reply 2
Original post by QueenBee98
I would leave it if I were you - if he doesn't want to talk, he won't respond. If you repeatedly ask him why he isn't talking to you then, in all honesty, that's more than likely going to make him ignore you for an even longer period of time.

Wait until he responds before you send him another message. If he doesn't reply, then it isn't worth the hassle - just leave it at that.

When he is ready to talk he will message you :smile: Just try to occupy yourself with other things :biggrin:

Right so basically go with the flow :smile:. Tbh I don't think he is ever going to text back. But I hate it when people ignore for no reason.. it makes me feel like he doesn't care.
Reply 3

It was on insta... After I saw he saw it and ignored it I unsend the message... but he will remember surely
Right so basically go with the flow :smile:. Tbh I don't think he is ever going to text back. But I hate it when people ignore for no reason.. it makes me feel like he doesn't care.

Yes something along those lines :biggrin: I'm sure he does care, but maybe he just wants to have a little peace and quiet from everybody - god knows I enjoy shutting myself off from people :smile: Ah yes so do I! But a lot of the time people are relatively busy - I recently messaged one of my friends on Saturday on Facebook and she didn't respond until yesterday! She's been busy all week :smile:

Just wait and see if he messages you back, it isn't worth the effort if it's a one-way conversation!
Reply 5
Yes something along those lines :biggrin: I'm sure he does care, but maybe he just wants to have a little peace and quiet from everybody - god knows I enjoy shutting myself off from people :smile: Ah yes so do I! But a lot of the time people are relatively busy - I recently messaged one of my friends on Saturday on Facebook and she didn't respond until yesterday! She's been busy all week :smile:

Just wait and see if he messages you back, it isn't worth the effort if it's a one-way conversation!

I don't think he needs space. I just think he doesn't care no-more. If somebody sends u a paragraph saying they're feeling rubbish, bad, regretting and even crying, you would reply bk..

Some people think he used me, but even after we finished College, he said its just that we don't see each other much, it's nice to keep in contact. The odd messages after a couple of weeks is nice.

That was the last convro we had. Then I told him how bad I am atm, he ignored it. Been nearly 4-5 days. I knr he won't reply bk. He things I can read his mind.. I don't think he cares. If only he could say it to my face
I don't think he needs space. I just think he doesn't care no-more. If somebody sends u a paragraph saying they're feeling rubbish, bad, regretting and even crying, you would reply bk..

Some people think he used me, but even after we finished College, he said its just that we don't see each other much, it's nice to keep in contact. The odd messages after a couple of weeks is nice.

That was the last convro we had. Then I told him how bad I am atm, he ignored it. Been nearly 4-5 days. I knr he won't reply bk. He things I can read his mind.. I don't think he cares. If only he could say it to my face

I'm sure he does care :smile: Normally, yes you would. But maybe he is taking a break for a bit! I know that, when I get over-whelmed with things I turn my phone off and forget I even have one! :biggrin: It gets like that a lot of the time, it's the same with me and other people that I know.

It could be that he doesn't know what to say or do... If he didn't care, he would have told you. He wouldn't let you believe otherwise!
Reply 7
I'm sure he does care :smile: Normally, yes you would. But maybe he is taking a break for a bit! I know that, when I get over-whelmed with things I turn my phone off and forget I even have one! :biggrin: It gets like that a lot of the time, it's the same with me and other people that I know.

It could be that he doesn't know what to say or do... If he didn't care, he would have told you. He wouldn't let you believe otherwise!

Yesterday as a benefit of a doubt ive sent. Him a voicenote saying i dont wanna. Assume. Yiur ignoring for no reason.. I said. If. U dont reply and ignore. Then assume our friendship is over and he ignored. That aswell..

Today. I send. A last. Paragraph saying. How. It did hurt... Maybe. Our friendship wasnt mewnt to be good luck for the future i wont bother u again etc.

Now. If he ignores this i will never talk to him even if. He replies rewlly late.

He. Clearly doesnt care
Reply 8
No offence but take a hint. He ain't interested.

He ignored that aswell.

What should I do?

Havent you already posted anonymously about this before and the overhwleming response was to leave him alone as he has a gf.

1, You admit to bugging him.
2. You texted/dumped on him needy emotional stuff, which really most people will find too much.
3. You made it worse by then bugging him again.

Its like you are trying to force the situation and he isnt interested i.e you drive him further away the more you keep texting him with emo stuff. You are just being very annioying and keeo oicking at it and making it worse.

Leave him alone. he doesnt wnat to speak to you for now. He knows where you are if he wants to contact you. We said all that last time.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by ELVsLP
No offence but take a hint. He ain't interested.

Should I block him?
Original post by 999tigger
Havent you already posted anonymously about this before and the overhwleming response was to leave him alone as he has a gf.

1, You admit to bugging him.
2. You texted/dumped on him needy emotional stuff, which really most people will find too much.
3. You made it worse by then bugging him again.

Its like you are trying to force the situation and he isnt interested i.e you drive him further away the more you keep texting him with emo stuff. You are just being very annioying and keeo oicking at it and making it worse.

Leave him alone. he doesnt wnat to speak to you for now. He knows where you are if he wants to contact you. We said all that last time.

Okay, last question. Should I block him?
Okay, last question. Should I block him?

Just leave him alone, would be best for you, but you have this habit of pretending to end it but actually poking it to see if its still alive. Can you accpet the reason he wont talk is becayse hes had enough and finds the way you operate annoying?

He has a gf
You have different ideas of what you wnat and can offer to each other as friends.
Its bad news for both of you and neither of you will ever be capable of making it work.

Its for your own benefit. Find someone else who is abailable and more compatible.
Just leave him alone, would be best for you, but you have this habit of pretending to end it but actually poking it to see if its still alive. Can you accpet the reason he wont talk is becayse hes had enough and finds the way you operate annoying?

He has a gf
You have different ideas of what you wnat and can offer to each other as friends.
Its bad news for both of you and neither of you will ever be capable of making it work.

Its for your own benefit. Find someone else who is abailable and more compatible.

I know. It's deffo time to move on. I've learnt a lesson.

Never text again if you've been ignored even if they never message first
Just go with the flow
If the friendship isn't working just don't talk at all or give dead response
Don't bug them
Move on

Well at least this situation taught me a lot. Hopefully I won't make the same mistake again.

I doubt he will message in the future. What do u think?
I dont think anything. You have a habit of pick pick picking at things and cant leave them alone. Leave him in the past, but its pointless advising you because you pretend to acknowledge and then just carry on in the same way.

For your own good, move on.
I dont think anything. You have a habit of pick pick picking at things and cant leave them alone. Leave him in the past, but its pointless advising you because you pretend to acknowledge and then just carry on in the same way.

For your own good, move on.

I have seriously acknowledged it. I've disabled my Instagram as long as it takes for me to move on. I am serious this time :smile:

Thanks for your advise!

Anything else you want to say? Or something I should know for future reference?:smile:
You sounded a bit needy at the end, give him some space, your pushing him away.

He'll come to you when he's ready.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 17
Should I block him?

Yes!
Reply 18

He ignored that aswell.

What should I do?

Easy. Ignore him. He knows what he is doing. If and when he decides to contact you again just politely shut down the conversation. Don't chase him. It takes 2 to tango as they say and he wants to do what he wants when he wants with you- so set your respect boundaries and stick to them in every relationship!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending