The Student Room Group

Can i leave my kfc job at anytime.

i officially start my training today at KFC but its most likely that ill have to leave my job in the next few weeks. im not going to tell my boss that otherwise he wont employ me and i need the extra cash. can i leave at anytime during my probation period. ik that he can fire me with one days notice and i read on my contract that the notice for leavin is two weeks. however i dont want to give my notice during my probation period and he says to me we dont need you anymore and fires me, id rather have that two weeks work.

any advice? :smile: thanks
Original post by mkap
i officially start my training today at KFC but its most likely that ill have to leave my job in the next few weeks. im not going to tell my boss that otherwise he wont employ me and i need the extra cash. can i leave at anytime during my probation period. ik that he can fire me with one days notice and i read on my contract that the notice for leavin is two weeks. however i dont want to give my notice during my probation period and he says to me we dont need you anymore and fires me, id rather have that two weeks work.

any advice? :smile: thanks

Strictly speaking youshould give the notice stated.

If you keep it to yourself and just leave, then the only issue is them paying you on time. This just depends how much of a pain they want to be. No idea how they pay.

I would just think up a good excuse that enables you to leave on good terms and then it should be easy. There have been other threads with people just not turning up, which is a bit poor imo, but it happens.

You could do thanks but im not cut out for it, then get them to waive the notice or the an urgent thing has airsien or I have a great opporunity, but must take it now.

It all depends on personalities. Your manager might not care a jot or alternatively they might be a pain. It might also be easier for them to let you go as its probabtion and as you say they cna ditch you on one days notice.
Reply 2
Original post by 999tigger
Strictly speaking youshould give the notice stated.

If you keep it to yourself and just leave, then the only issue is them paying you on time. This just depends how much of a pain they want to be. No idea how they pay.

I would just think up a good excuse that enables you to leave on good terms and then it should be easy. There have been other threads with people just not turning up, which is a bit poor imo, but it happens.

You could do thanks but im not cut out for it, then get them to waive the notice or the an urgent thing has airsien or I have a great opporunity, but must take it now.

It all depends on personalities. Your manager might not care a jot or alternatively they might be a pain. It might also be easier for them to let you go as its probabtion and as you say they cna ditch you on one days notice.

if i had the choice i would stay tbh but its bc im going back to saudi in less than a month, i would say that is why i am leaving when i give my notice.
well there's not much they can do if you don't give notice but you certainly won't get a reference or anything, although given it's onyl a few weeks that doesn't matter
Original post by mkap
if i had the choice i would stay tbh but its bc im going back to saudi in less than a month, i would say that is why i am leaving when i give my notice.

I think thats fine. Just give the impression it was more a last minute family thing.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending