The Student Room Group

Bf used to date 14 year old

I've dated this guy for a couple months now, I'm 23 and he's 26. It came up in conversation yesterday that when he was 18 he dated a 14 year old for a few weeks. Apparently nothing sexual happened but he would've seen her breasts etc.

To be honest I feel a little uncomfortable with this. I know it was 8 years ago but the fact that he would've been attracted to a 14 y/o doesn't sit well with me.

Am I being unnecessarily harsh or would you feel the same? Not really sure what to think...

Scroll to see replies

Usually I'm accepting of stuff but that's a tad weird.
Did he just bring it up randomly? Honestly you shouldn't be that worried because it was 8 years ago and right now you're a part of his life; not that 22 year old girl so don't stress out.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Its no different to your relationship now really, just both parties were a bit younger. They didnt do anything untoward, so whats the problem?
Your man was probably a bit of a loser when he was 18, hence dating a 14 year-old. If he was now you wouldn't be with him, so don't fret!
How can one date a 14yr old like what does a 14yr old have?
Original post by Halzy1234
Did he just bring it up randomly? Honestly you shouldn't be that worried because it was 8 years ago and right now you're a part of his life; not that 22 year old girl so don't stress out.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Original post by an_atheist
Its no different to your relationship now really, just both parties were a bit younger. They didnt do anything untoward, so whats the problem?

Original post by Just a Bloke
Your man was probably a bit of a loser when he was 18, hence dating a 14 year-old. If he was now you wouldn't be with him, so don't fret!

Seeing an underage girl's boobs is questionable
18 = can vote

14 = cannot own a goldfish

:frown:
Original post by Brahmin of Booty

And not a single 14 year old has ever lost their virginity? they're not the model example of chastity are they? They are at that age where its all new, and somewhat rebellious to be beginning to engage in that sort of relationship.
And anyway, how is looking at a girl's boob with her permission any different to looking at any other part of her, excluding her vag?
Reply 9
Original post by PrincessBO$$
How can one date a 14yr old like what does a 14yr old have?

This

Posted from TSR Mobile

Is it absolutely necessary to quote me? What have you achieved by doing this? You just wasted a minute of my life and your life. Well done mate.
And not a single 14 year old has ever lost their virginity? they're not the model example of chastity are they? They are at that age where its all new, and somewhat rebellious to be beginning to engage in that sort of relationship.
And anyway, how is looking at a girl's boob with her permission any different to looking at any other part of her, excluding her vag?

That's not the point, he was an adult and she wasn't old enough to have a sexual relationship. Boobs are sexual just like her pussy.

What he did was wrong.
Original post by Brahmin of Booty

Eh, I was underage when I lost my virginity to my older ex so I tend not to register any shock at such things.
Eh, I was underage when I lost my virginity to my older ex so I tend not to register any shock at such things.

I'm not shocked, I'm not some pussy who gets triggered but he abused a position of power and I will not shy from this fact
Is it absolutely necessary to quote me? What have you achieved by doing this? You just wasted a minute of my life and your life. Well done mate.

?, I was just agreeing with you. Damn my bad then 😕

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 7 years ago)

Tad harsh

Now you've lost two minutes of your life. Hi!
Now you've lost two minutes of your life. Hi!

:cry2::cry2::cry:

The disparity of life experience and emotional maturity between my fourteen and eighteen-year-old selves is broadly equivalent to an almost ineffably vast mental distance separating the latter, in turn, from my current stage of adulthood; so it is, in reality, very different.

Even then, the notion of actually wanting to date someone transitioning from Y9 to Y10 as a prospective university undergraduate seems to me at best unaccountable, and at worst, morally repugnant.
(edited 7 years ago)
Seems a bit weird tbh

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending