The Student Room Group

Official AS & A2 Results Day 2016

Scroll to see replies

Reply 3360
Original post by fefssdf
York cause its a nice place and seems like somewhere I'd be happy

Ahhh, well I can definitely recommend it :tongue: I hope you don't need it though.
Original post by Aph
Ahhh, well I can definitely recommend it :tongue: I hope you don't need it though.

Yh I mean at the end of the day it's good uni so I'm not gonna be upset if I end up there but I would like to celebrate actually getting into my firm / insurance instead of getting into uni by default clearing 😂
What's everyone doing to pass the time? The wait is excruciating! Also, when do grade boundaries usually get released? 😊
Original post by Lularose83
What's everyone doing to pass the time? The wait is excruciating! Also, when do grade boundaries usually get released? 😊

Its almost as tough as for we parents ;-) I am teaching my daughter to cook and iron to take her mind off things a bit and shes also doing fitness videos/going running and practising her musical instrument as she wants to get into her uni's orchestra :-)
Original post by zoex101
Also anyone who does OCR biology, do you think the grade boundaries for F214 and F215 will be low? pls :frown:

The biology exams were hard especially the second one with loads of practical questions. I found the both hard, dont know about you! I guess the grade boundaries will be quite low depending on how all students did. Other people from my college found it hard as well. We'll see anyways!

Good luck!
Original post by Mvoykov
The biology exams were hard especially the second one with loads of practical questions. I found the both hard, dont know about you! I guess the grade boundaries will be quite low depending on how all students did. Other people from my college found it hard as well. We'll see anyways!

Good luck!

F214 was the paper I think I messed up on the most, even more so than chemistry 😭
How did you guys found both paper of chemistry aqa as first year new spec
F214 was the paper I think I messed up on the most, even more so than chemistry 😭

Yea same here :biggrin: that's the only subject i have no idea what grade im going to get from E to A :biggrin:
(edited 7 years ago)
when did our papers finish getting marked?
Reply 3369
Original post by Pato1
when did our papers finish getting marked?

One to two weeks ago.
Original post by Mvoykov
Yea same here :biggrin: that's the only subject i have no idea what grade im going to get from E to A :biggrin:

Haha 😂 I hope we both get A's! 😊
Prepare for the scaremongering articles from Daily Mail and co about low grades, errors etc
Haha 😂 I hope we both get A's! 😊

We will!
Original post by Pato1
Prepare for the scaremongering articles from Daily Mail and co about low grades, errors etc

The BBC are already on it
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/education-37026755
Any of you A-Level veterans want to give me tips and tricks for AS results day? I actually don't know what to do on that day etc
@PQ The conditions of my firm offer for MEng include an alternative, lower offer in the description (for BEng). Does that mean if I achieve lower I could be offered the BEng?
(edited 7 years ago)

This article makes me feel much better, not :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by duncant
@PQ The conditions of my firm offer for MEng include an alternative, lower offer in the description (for BEng). Does that mean if I achieve lower I could be offered the BEng?

Yep

Universities have the option to make you a Changed Course Offer on Track on results day.

YOU DO NOT HAVE TO ACCEPT IT - you get 7 (iirr) days to decide to either accept the changed course offer (and go to your firm - or your insurance if it's from your insurance and your firm have rejected you) or decline it. If you decline it then it's treated as if your university rejected you (so if the changed course offer came from your firm then you'd be passed on to your insurance, if the changes course offer came from your insurance then you're passed on to clearing).

Some universities use this to fill up unpopular courses that are completely unrelated - although the MEng/BEng route it common as is offering foundation year entry where that's available.

For any changed course offer it's a good idea to give yourself a day or two to think things through before accepting on Track (if you're edging towards declining then there's no benefit to waiting). Offers like this aren't always made with an applicants best interests in mind.
Original post by thevamps99xo
This article makes me feel much better, not :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile

What it means is not that grades are lower, but that they will be a reflection of the new a-levels.
They always vary for new specs.
They can be lower grade boundaries than last year, that is 'varied' but not worse.
Original post by nwmyname
What it means is not that grades are lower, but that they will be a reflection of the new a-levels.
They always vary for new specs.
They can be lower grade boundaries than last year, that is 'varied' but not worse.

Okay, that puts it in a better light now :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest