The Student Room Group

Question to ASNC students : Do I have a chance to get in Cambridge on ASNC?

Hey guys. :smile: I would like to ask those of you who study ASNC at Cambridge - did you need any qualifications in this specific topic to get in the university? For example, here's how my situation goes:

I'm a writer of any kind (book writer, game writer, screenwriter, narrative designer), I speak 7 languages (1 native, 4 fluently and 2 conversational), I have studied younger futhark runes by myself, have studied the mysteries of elder futhark runes, have learned some Old Norse on beginner level, have read Elder Edda in two languages, and I'm passionate about ASNC culture, history and mythology since my childhood. In addition to this, I have A+ qualifications in all subjects in my country (Republic of Georgia I mean. I already sorted out things about this with Cambridge university international admissions office), and I am already chosen to study in the best university of my country, where I will spend one study year before I go to Cambridge (I have chosen English Philology faculty). Also, I have participated in many English language and History Olympiads during my studies at school, where I always was the finalist.

So, how do you think, do I have a chance to be chosen by Cambridge? Also, to those of you who already study there - how do ASNC studies feel? Are they good? Did you get what you expected? Thank you very much in advance and sorry for bothering! :smile:
Reply 1
Original post by Tamuna10
Hey guys. :smile: I would like to ask those of you who study ASNC at Cambridge - did you need any qualifications in this specific topic to get in the university? For example, here's how my situation goes:

I'm a writer of any kind (book writer, game writer, screenwriter, narrative designer), I speak 7 languages (1 native, 4 fluently and 2 conversational), I have studied younger futhark runes by myself, have studied the mysteries of elder futhark runes, have learned some Old Norse on beginner level, have read Elder Edda in two languages, and I'm passionate about ASNC culture, history and mythology since my childhood. In addition to this, I have A+ qualifications in all subjects in my country (Republic of Georgia I mean. I already sorted out things about this with Cambridge university international admissions office), and I am already chosen to study in the best university of my country, where I will spend one study year before I go to Cambridge (I have chosen English Philology faculty). Also, I have participated in many English language and History Olympiads during my studies at school, where I always was the finalist.

So, how do you think, do I have a chance to be chosen by Cambridge? Also, to those of you who already study there - how do ASNC studies feel? Are they good? Did you get what you expected? Thank you very much in advance and sorry for bothering! :smile:

Hi, you can ask a college admissions tutor about your qualifications in his thread here:
http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=4238242

And, by the way, there is a thread for your course here...http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=682360...although, I presume because it's a small course, it's not an especially active one.
Reply 2
I may only be a lowly science student and so I am not party to the order of these things but my very good friend is an ASNaC (he studies this subject) and it sounds like you'd have a lot in common. I'd definitely say it's worth applying.
Reply 3
Original post by Thorsas
I may only be a lowly science student and so I am not party to the order of these things but my very good friend is an ASNaC (he studies this subject) and it sounds like you'd have a lot in common. I'd definitely say it's worth applying.

Thank you so much! ^_^ Now I feel more self-assured :smile:
Hi there!

I'm also an asnac applicant this year and from what I've read/heard/been told by people who are currently there, you sound fine!

Good luck with your application :smile:
Reply 5
Original post by dragonhunter
Hi there!

I'm also an asnac applicant this year and from what I've read/heard/been told by people who are currently there, you sound fine!

Good luck with your application :smile:

Thank you very much! :biggrin: Good luck to you too!
What college are you applying to, just out of interest?
Hello, I am an ASNC. You sound perfect. Feel free to ask me any questions.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending