The Student Room Group

Muslim women are the "least successful group in society" report finds

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-37041301

Honestly, I feel it's more of a cultural problem than one of discrimination- Muslim women just tend to be homemakers instead of working in paid employment. However, there might be some discrimination for certain roles like sales where hiring a women wearing a niqab might not be appropriate and where they are therefore likely to be discriminated against.

Scroll to see replies

This is due to the Western view that every woman must work, and that anything else is shameful.
Reply 3
We are the most successful in the eyes of Allah

#rekt

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4
Original post by PrincessBO$$

That, don't believe everything you read on the internet.
A Muslim woman who has no job but is a good mother and wife, is more successful than a single 40 year old White woman with more money but less family life.
Reply 6
probably because most are stay at home wives/mothers.
Original post by ak143244
That, don't believe everything you read on the internet.

I know! did you see my meme? :tongue:
Original post by Brahmin of Booty
A Muslim woman who has no job but is a good mother and wife, is more successful than a single 40 year old White woman with more money but less family life.

:clap2::clap2::clap2:love you for saying that :tongue:
Reply 8
First of all, only a tiny tiny minority of Muslim women wear Niqab. The problem is obvious, Islam is not an advocate of working women, more so in Western countries. A lot of Muslim conservative fathers/husbands refuse their wives to work, specially not in places where there is mixing of the sexes. Islam also treats the woman as the primary carer for the family, which makes it hard for women to work.
(edited 7 years ago)
Not everyone is going to be as successful as each other. Deal with it. Muslim women are fine how they are and are perfect how they are. Stop trying to create divisions.
I am a Muslim woman and a future lawyer. These studies are bogus
Many of them would probably be slapped about if they tried to work.
I know! did you see my meme? :tongue:

:clap2::clap2::clap2:love you for saying that :tongue:

No I didn't :smile:
Original post by Saba XD

You are not everyone so your point is invalid.
No I didn't :smile:

:frown: why?
Original post by sulaimanali
Not everyone is going to be as successful as each other. Deal with it. Muslim women are fine how they are and are perfect how they are. Stop trying to create divisions.

Yes perfect being controlled by men.
Original post by AperfectBalance
You are not everyone so your point is invalid.

When did you become an advocate for every muslim woman out there? (I knew I would get an ignorant response and I got it sooner than later) :rofl:
:frown: why?

Wait, what? Your meme? I don't know... Ahhhh
Wait, what? Your meme? I don't know... Ahhhh

Hahah its cool bro. :biggrin:
Reply 19
Original post by Saba XD

Lol you're just one person. There are 1 billion Muslims. You might just be an exception.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending