The Student Room Group

Muslim women are the "least successful group in society" report finds

Scroll to see replies

Idk I saw a documentary a long time ago(don't remember the name) a French Muslim did an experiment where she put her information as Muslim and she was refused the job(has the qualifications). She then put her information as Christian (Same job applied). Got the job. Idk tbh
Reply 21
Original post by sulaimanali
Not everyone is going to be as successful as each other. Deal with it. Muslim women are fine how they are and are perfect how they are. Stop trying to create divisions.

Don't you think it is a problem that Muslim women have higher unemployment rates than other women? This might be a result of cultural issues which discourage women from working and having the same ability to earn a living for the family. It could also show that Muslim women are under pressure to not work. Or it could show that employers are disco ranting against Muslim women. Either way, there's clearly a problem.
Nadiya hussain baked the Queens 90th birthday cake.
Original post by squish562
Lol you're just one person. There are 1 billion Muslims. You might just be an exception.

Well, every muslim woman in my extended family and friends are more educated than men.
Original post by HAnwar
We are the most successful in the eyes of Allah

#rekt

Posted from TSR Mobile

21st Century: Check
Adult that believes in fairy tales: Check
Not even ashamed of it: Check

Astonishing and #rekt beyond rektcognition.

Spoiler

(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Saba XD
When did you become an advocate for every muslim woman out there? (I knew I would get an ignorant response and I got it sooner than later) :rofl:

Your logic is horribly flawed.

I am not a advocate for all Muslim women
You are not a advocate for all Muslim women
I never claimed to be but said that just because you are aspiring for a good job
does not mean all Muslim women are.

Its like saying Oh did you hear that 80% of people have hayfever, Oh well I don't that is a lie no one has hayfever
Original post by Brahmin of Booty
A Muslim woman who has no job but is a good mother and wife, is more successful than a single 40 year old White woman with more money but less family life.

Depends how you define success
Well duh!

In one of my all muslim, female, friendship groups, I'm the one who's made to feel inadequate for having career plans and goals.

Like ok, you can sponge off your husband and never have much financial independence
Original post by HAnwar
We are the most successful in the eyes of Allah

#rekt

Posted from TSR Mobile

in other words, not successful :lol:
Original post by AperfectBalance
Your logic is horribly flawed.

I am not a advocate for all Muslim women
You are not a advocate for all Muslim women
I never claimed to be but said that just because you are aspiring for a good job
does not mean all Muslim women are.

Its like saying Oh did you hear that 80% of people have hayfever, Oh well I don't that is a lie no one has hayfever

It is not flawed. The way you made your point was flawed. I know the study is bogus because I am not the only person to be in a good field. In my University, there are more muslim girls than guys who are aspiring to be doctors, lawyers and engineers. I go by what I observe not by some study over the internet.
Original post by squish562
Lol you're just one person. There are 1 billion Muslims. You might just be an exception.

Similarly not all Muslim women are unsuccessful. What point are you trying to make? Just leave
Given that in the United Kingdom:

- 52% of Muslims believe homosexuality should be illegal.
- 39% of Muslims believe a woman should always obey their husband.
- And 23% of Muslims believe in the introduction of Sharia Law.

It wouldn't surprise me if Islamic culture had a role to play in the lack of women pursuing high profile and well-paid jobs. After all, in Islam a woman's primary role is to be a housekeeper.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Saba XD
I am a Muslim woman and a future lawyer. These studies are bogus

Try bringing up anecdotal evidence in court, see how much credibility you will earn.
All this study does is consolidate what is already known:

Muslim women are repeatedly held back by the men in their lives.

Sure, some Muslim women are successful. You can be an award winning surgeon and still call yourself a Muslim. But what the data shows is that if you are a Muslim (or rather, born into a Muslim family) then you are less likely to achieve independence from your family and/or husband.

More needs to be done to tackle the blatant misogyny in our society today, under the name of any god.
Original post by Saba XD
It is not flawed. The way you made your point was flawed. I know the study is bogus because I am not the only person to be in a good field. In my University, there are more muslim girls than guys who are aspiring to be doctors, lawyers and engineers. I go by what I observe not by some study over the internet.

Still flawed.
It is like saying lets look out my window. I can see 3 robins and a Pigeon that must mean there are more robins in the uk than pigeon. What you experience and see is not what is always a representation of what most people see.
Original post by Frappé
Nadiya hussain baked the Queens 90th birthday cake.

Lets not forget Malala Yousufzai :biggrin:
A Muslim woman who has no job but is a good mother and wife, is more successful than a single 40 year old White woman with more money but less family life.

Ugh, I hate this stereotype perpetuated by most Muslims.

Newsflash, you can be white and Muslim.
Original post by sameehaiqbal
Similarly not all Muslim women are unsuccessful. What point are you trying to make? Just leave

He is not wrong you know she is a part of the x% that are aspiring to be and are successful . he never said that she is the only one. as obviously more than 1 muslim is successful but compared to muslim men or non muslim women she might be part of the fewer successes comparatively.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by oShahpo
Try bringing up anecdotal evidence in court, see how much credibility you will earn.

I don't get how this discussion on a student forum correlates to being in the court but ok whatever you say. :facepalm:

LOL.

You are funny, kid :laugh: :laugh:

Tell more jokes

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending