The Student Room Group

Met all my conditions - still no confirmation.

Hi guys, as the title says; I currently find myself in this predicament. I was given multiple conditions in order to gain entry into my firm choice. I fulfilled these conditions via summer school which finished almost 3 weeks ago.

I have since called the uni twice asking for an answer but they have told me to keep an eye on UCAS (which has been down for the last week but went up today and still no new info).

The reason I'm so anxious is because I'm a mature student who had to give up my job in order to attend the summer school. Now I feel that the uni are keeping me in limbo by not telling me whether I actually have a place or not so I can make alternative plans. Is it possible to have met your conditions but still not be offered a place?
Original post by Squire1998
Hi guys, as the title says; I currently find myself in this predicament. I was given multiple conditions in order to gain entry into my firm choice. I fulfilled these conditions via summer school which finished almost 3 weeks ago.

I have since called the uni twice asking for an answer but they have told me to keep an eye on UCAS (which has been down for the last week but went up today and still no new info).

The reason I'm so anxious is because I'm a mature student who had to give up my job in order to attend the summer school. Now I feel that the uni are keeping me in limbo by not telling me whether I actually have a place or not so I can make alternative plans. Is it possible to have met your conditions but still not be offered a place?

Don't panic. If they have given you a conditional offer and you've met those conditions, the uni HAS to give you a place. It's all contracted through UCAS.
It may just be that the uni are waiting for A Level results to update all of their offers in one go. It's obviously easier for the admissions team this way.
Reply 2
Original post by Hamo2509
Don't panic. If they have given you a conditional offer and you've met those conditions, the uni HAS to give you a place. It's all contracted through UCAS.
It may just be that the uni are waiting for A Level results to update all of their offers in one go. It's obviously easier for the admissions team this way.

Phew, thank you. I made the mistake of telling friends and family I got in. Just didn't fancy the prospect of having to tell them all otherwise.
Reply 3
When they give you an offer it's like a contract, if you met all the requirements then they have to give you a place.

It's probably as simple as them having too many people grades to confirm or wanting to do it all at the same time. Just wait another week or so and try calling them again.

Ok, just so you know UCAS Track will only be updated up until 12th Aug. It becomes completely unavailable on the 17th up until 8am on the 18th (A-level results day).

Has the summer school sent your qualification/confirmation to the uni? That might be what's holding things up.....
Reply 5
Original post by She-Ra
Has the summer school sent your qualification/confirmation to the uni? That might be what's holding things up.....

Im not sure how their administrative system works but the summer school is held by the uni in which I'm applying to. The first time I called I was told my result had been passed into to the appropriate department. This was about a week after I got the results and still nothing. That's why I'm a bit antsy.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Im not sure how their administrative system works but the summer school is held by the uni in which I'm applying to. The first time I called I was told my result had been passed into to the appropriate department. This was about a week after I got the results and still nothing. That's why I'm a bit antsy.
Posted from TSR Mobile

I totally get your frustration, I'd be the same. Who are you speaking to when you call?
Reply 7
Original post by She-Ra
I totally get your frustration, I'd be the same. Who are you speaking to when you call?

I was speaking with a lady from the Engineering admissions department. However, I just received my confirmation there, so no harm done :smile:. I can't believe it. So so happy.
I was speaking with a lady from the Engineering admissions department. However, I just received my confirmation there, so no harm done :smile:. I can't believe it. So so happy.

:woo:

Amazing! BIG congratulations! I am so happy for you too! What a relief. All your hard work has paid off. How are you going to celebrate?

:bl:
Reply 9
Original post by She-Ra

Amazing! BIG congratulations! I am so happy for you too! What a relief. All your hard work has paid off. How are you going to celebrate?

:bl:

Thank you! I think I'll have a few beers tonight but I'll really be able to celebrate once I find myself a part-time job haha. Thanks again! :happy2:

Quick Reply

Latest