The Student Room Group

Muslim women are the "least successful group in society" report finds

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Brahmin of Booty
You must spend a lot of time around very thirsty men.

Yea, those that want booty but can't get any.
Original post by RobML
This is based on a census. This evidence is what Muslim women themselves have said.
The stubborness people have accepting evidence that challenges their sense of righteousness is pathetic.

Posted from TSR Mobile

If only most of humanity were logical and not ignorant and led by emotions.
Original post by inhuman
Yea, those that want booty but can't get any.

I do fine with girls lol
Original post by inhuman
Oooooh. It's you!

Ahahahahahaha

Still brainwashed?

That's really rude. I'm not brainwashed?
Original post by inhuman
For someone so educated, you are incredibly daft.

Look up Iran. More women at uni. More men in good jobs and positions of power.

Go there. See what your education gives you down the line.

Good luck.

LOL! Someone seems a bit triggered.

Why would I go there? Just because I am muslim? And, a woman? You are trying to make a point that I should go live in a muslim country? Because, I am muslim?

Well, are we reffering to countries or muslim women? I think this article is about muslim women in UK. Also, if you actually read the article. She was discriminated against, in Manchester because of her headscarf. Does it show anywhere that she was held back by a muslim man or her family? No.
(edited 7 years ago)
A Muslim woman who has no job but is a good mother and wife, is more successful than a single 40 year old White woman with more money but less family life.

Says who?

Success is personal.
I think that men who are feminine, don't provide for their families or who are cowardly are pathetic wastes, I don't only apply cruel standards to women. I hate masculine women and feminine men.

Do you compete in any form of fighting? If not I consider you feminine.
Original post by sameehaiqbal
That's really rude. I'm not brainwashed?

Oh babe. You wouldn't know, would you.
Original post by *Stefan*
Says who?

Success is personal.

I agree actually, which is why those who published this data were wrong to use the word success since it shoehorns Muslim women into a Western standard they did not consent to.

If a Women is genuinely happy being a career women she certainly has that right
Not a Muslim, my background if anything would probably surprise you. I've always naturally felt that Western liberalism for all the comforts it brings us leaves people soulless and dead inside.

EDIT: On the other side of this, the danger with traditional cultures is that it leaves women open to abuses of power by cruel men, so it's not as if I am saying Trad Con societies are perfect of that the West is totally flawed.

Spoiler

Okay, what exactly is your background, if you don't mind me asking?

I would still much prefer western liberalism to any other of harmful present alternatives tbh

Considering living standards and human rights in the west at the present time outshine good portions of the world by miles I wouldn't have it any other way
Original post by inhuman
Oh babe. You wouldn't know, would you.

Does it kill you to ever be nice to people?
Original post by Ano9901whichone
Do you compete in any form of fighting? If not I consider you feminine.

Used to, not that I agree with your metric since people can lose boxing licenses for street fighting.
It is very wrong to judge a Muslim woman by an arbitrary Western standard, if the discussion only said they have lower rates of earnings it would be acceptable, but to write them off as unsuccessful is nonsense.

If they are in western countries then they will be be judged by western standards. That's the way things work.
Used to, not that I agree with your metric since people can lose boxing licenses for street fighting.

You're a liar you never used to. Why lie?
How you gonna lose an amateur licence for street fighting, this would only happen to pro's which you obviously aren't.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Saba XD
If you want to talk about suffering of muslim women then we can also talk about suffering of women in general? I do see that there are problems faced but there are muslim women who are successful than their counterparts in every field. It might not have been in the past but things are changing. My own family has more female doctors and one male doctor.

Projection. My family is doing this ergo most families probably do this. :rolleyes:
Original post by sameehaiqbal
Does it kill you to ever be nice to people?

I am nice to many people.

Just not to unfriendly ones like you :biggrin:
Original post by Saba XD
Well, every muslim woman in my extended family and friends are more educated than men.

You are not going to make much of a lawyer if you use anecdotal evidence like that in any court of law... :biggrin:
Original post by inhuman
I am nice to many people.

Just not to unfriendly ones like you :biggrin:

Because, she is muslim? :mmm:
Original post by Al-farhan
What is success? And by what standard are they measuring this success?
Muslim women are successful in their own right and they don't need a bbc report to prove that.

Successful by a different metric. One that we regard as inferior here.
I'm White and my parents are radical left-wingers, father is a hard Atheist who hates tradition and the Church and mother is a feminist.

I agree that the West is the best place in terms of living standards, but at the same time this is not because of social liberalism, social liberalism is a luxury we can afford as a result of economic success, it's not the cause of economic success. If there were a serious famine tomorrow, most Westerners would not hack it nearly as well as someone from the mountains of Afghanistan or a Berber nomad.

The best places imo are places such as Japan and Korea where they obviously protect the rights of women, but have a culture of duty to others and family responsibility whilst also having developed economies.

Quick Reply