The Student Room Group

O2 Guru Position Any Tips?

Hi there, I have applied for the O2 Guru position recently and have gotten to the final stage of the interview process the "Store Interview" I've been told that the interview is 90-120 minutes long and the only thing i know so far is that there will be some role play.

Has anyone had any experience doing this interview and have some insight into what happens the interview?

I've already brushed up on my O2/Telefonica Knowledge, I keep a keen eye on current and upcoming technology, i'm pretty good at Android troubleshooting and ive started compiling a product list based on the O2 Shop, Manufacturer websites, Technical specifications and personal experience

Do they ask any specific questions or is there anything i should prepare for?

Thanks a bunch!
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Weebay
Hi there, I have applied for the O2 Guru position recently and have gotten to the final stage of the interview process the "Store Interview" I've been told that the interview is 90-120 minutes long and the only thing i know so far is that there will be some role play.

Has anyone had any experience doing this interview and have some insight into what happens the interview?

I've already brushed up on my O2/Telefonica Knowledge, I keep a keen eye on current and upcoming technology, i'm pretty good at Android troubleshooting and ive started compiling a product list based on the O2 Shop, Manufacturer websites, Technical specifications and personal experience

Do they ask any specific questions or is there anything i should prepare for?

Thanks a bunch!

There'll usually be two people interviewing you. One will speak, the other will take notes. You'll have time to read up about a scenario and then they'll role-play it with you, with you giving them advice and helping them as an O2 Guru. It won't be too difficult, and you'll have most of the information handed to you. There'll probably be a little bit of discussion about the company and what you'll learn, and I believe they send you away for training if you get the job. They'll photocopy your documents and stuff and get all the admin work done as well
Reply 2
Original post by chelseadagg3r
There'll usually be two people interviewing you. One will speak, the other will take notes. You'll have time to read up about a scenario and then they'll role-play it with you, with you giving them advice and helping them as an O2 Guru. It won't be too difficult, and you'll have most of the information handed to you. There'll probably be a little bit of discussion about the company and what you'll learn, and I believe they send you away for training if you get the job. They'll photocopy your documents and stuff and get all the admin work done as well

Thank you! That's really helpful, Yes from what i've read you go away for training, they told me over the phone "one of our training centers" but i imagine it will be at HQ in Slough.
Original post by Weebay
Thank you! That's really helpful, Yes from what i've read you go away for training, they told me over the phone "one of our training centers" but i imagine it will be at HQ in Slough.

Yeah, it's in Slough. They pay your expenses and everything and it's 2 or 3 days long
Reply 4
Original post by chelseadagg3r
Yeah, it's in Slough. They pay your expenses and everything and it's 2 or 3 days long

Cool, thanks for that it's really puts my mind at ease a little!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending