The Student Room Group

Muslim women are the "least successful group in society" report finds

Scroll to see replies

Original post by generallee
You are not going to make much of a lawyer if you use anecdotal evidence like that in any court of law... :biggrin:

Oh boy! Another ignorant. Someone else made this similar argument as you. And, guess what I think it is not very well thought out as everything would be different in a court of law, genius :rolleyes: How does my comment on a student forum correlate to being in a court? Oh dear! oh dear!
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Saba XD
Because, she is muslim? :mmm:

No because she is conceited, ignorant, brash, illogical, lying, and plain unfriendly.

And says a lot about you, that I have the attitude "Muslim = unfriendly".

But hey, you guys love playing the victim card, so I guess it's understandable.
Original post by Saba XD
Because, she is muslim? :mmm:

Probably because I am a Muslim, but it's okay I am used to this kind of behaviour.
Original post by inhuman
Projection. My family is doing this ergo most families probably do this. :rolleyes:

:facepalm:
Original post by Ano9901whichone
You're a liar you never used to. Why lie?
How you gonna lose an amateur licence for street fighting, this would only happen to pro's which you obviously aren't.

:dunce: I'm making the point that it's foolish to say you need to compete in a combat sport to be masculine given that thugs, criminals, street fighters are masculine yet still they don't necessarily compete and potentially bared from competition.
Original post by Saba XD
Oh boy! Another ignorant. Someone else made this similar argument as you. And, guess what I think it is not very well thought out as everything would be different in a court of law, genius :rolleyes: How does my comment on a student forum correlate to being in a court? Oh dear! oh dear!

Oh yea, I forgot one to describe her with. Hypocritical. As are you, calling others ignorant why you display some of the biggest ignorance in this thread ("I am doing well hence others must be too this report must be wrong").
Original post by Saba XD
I am a Pakistani (the country which is thought to be Islamic). I would not let anyone oppress me and if someone does, trust me I would speak against it. I do realise there are some problems like I said, but muslim women are speaking out for themselves and in fact are studying to become successful. Hence, I called the study bogus but ok.

http://edition.cnn.com/2016/05/28/asia/pakistan-women-light-beating/

And of course you have the Islamic Council backing your "speaking out", or not?
Original post by inhuman
No because she is conceited, ignorant, brash, illogical, lying, and plain unfriendly.

Thanks for that. You don't even know me and you are saying that based on a few posts I have made because we have differences about opinion of religion. Even though I don't get along with you, I am sure you are a good person and I would never call you any of those names. But thanks anyways.
Original post by sameehaiqbal
Probably because I am a Muslim, but it's okay I am used to this kind of behaviour.

Same :lol: They do not like to admit it. But, I have seen hostility as soon as I mention that I am a muslim. :rofl:
Original post by inhuman

No she's not, you're a salty and mean-spirited virgin boy raving on the internet, go buy a fedora, it would suit you.
Original post by Saba XD
:facepalm:

Thanks for acknowledging that you have no proper argument. At least you can admit that much, more than the other girl manages.
Original post by richpanda
This is due to the Western view that every woman must work, and that anything else is shameful.

It's not really a choice though is it?

If you're a women born into a culture that at best discourages female attainment and ambition, and at worst flat-out denies it and abuses women, there's a good chance you're not really getting to make your own life decisions are you?

After all if you're born a slave, raised a slave, then it's not going to be terribly surprising if you're going to be thinking and acting like a slave in adulthood.
Original post by Brahmin of Booty
I'm White and my parents are radical left-wingers, father is a hard Atheist who hates tradition and the Church and mother is a feminist.

I agree that the West is the best place in terms of living standards, but at the same time this is not because of social liberalism, social liberalism is a luxury we can afford as a result of economic success, it's not the cause of economic success. If there were a serious famine tomorrow, most Westerners would not hack it nearly as well as someone from the mountains of Afghanistan or a Berber nomad.

The best places imo are places such as Japan and Korea where they obviously protect the rights of women, but have a culture of duty to others and family responsibility whilst also having developed economies.

Interesting, so what happened to make you hate liberalism and conform to gender roles so much?

I'm glad that you recognise that the West is superior in terms of life quality to much of the present world. I thought for a minute you would start advocating for medieval esque ideologies to come back

I'm no expert on economics but surely liberalism brings an increase in the economy? Having half of the population not contributing to the workforce or a particular race of people expending labour but still having no economic power and still requiring economic upkeep is bad, no? When slavery was abolished the american economy didn't just suddenly collapse, it adapted. It surely hasn't struck you as mere coincidence that the countries with the best human rights also have the strongest economies?
No she's not, you're a salty and mean-spirited virgin boy raving on the internet, go buy a fedora, it would suit you.

Is that an insult? I thought you want to preserve it til marriage, you should congratulate me for being able to withstand all the temptation in this lustful western society.
It is very wrong to judge a Muslim woman by an arbitrary Western standard, if the discussion only said they have lower rates of earnings it would be acceptable, but to write them off as unsuccessful is nonsense.

But it is our standard of successful. We have an idea of how society should function and work. If they don't like it, feel free to leave.
Original post by Studentus-anonymous
It's not really a choice though is it?

If you're a women born into a culture that at best discourages female attainment and ambition, and at worst flat-out denies it and abuses women, there's a good chance you're not really getting to make your own life decisions are you?

After all if you're born a slave, raised a slave, then it's not going to be terribly surprising if you're going to be thinking and acting like a slave in adulthood.

I am not an islamic apologist by the way- I in fact hate the religion. But it has some of the highest birth rates and is the fastest growing religion. THAT is what defines human success, not if a woman can do an office job. They are outbreeding us.
Original post by inhuman
Thanks for acknowledging that you have no proper argument. At least you can admit that much, more than the other girl manages.

I do not converse with uptight people. Hence, I do not want to waste my energy on you. You can think you have won all you want but you just like to generalise, I do not feel like giving you an appropriate answer.
Not a Muslim, my background if anything would probably surprise you. I've always naturally felt that Western liberalism for all the comforts it brings us leaves people soulless and dead inside.

EDIT: On the other side of this, the danger with traditional cultures is that it leaves women open to abuses of power by cruel men, so it's not as if I am saying Trad Con societies are perfect of that the West is totally flawed.

Spoiler

Not even? Why are you so obsessed with virginity? You insulted me with it (though I don't even understand why, if I actually were one, should I feel depressed now or what?) and now you make sure to mention you are not one. Why is it so important to you?

Sex is like air. It's only important if you're not getting any.
Original post by Saba XD
LOL! Someone seems a bit triggered.

Why would I go there? Just because I am muslim? And, a woman? You are trying to make a point that I should go live in a muslim country? Because, I am muslim?

Well, are we reffering to countries or muslim women? I think this article is about muslim women in UK. Also, if you actually read the article. She was discriminated against, in Manchester because of her headscarf. Does it show anywhere that she was held back by a muslim man or her family? No.

You should go live there to see what it is really like to experience Muslim culture. You are sitting here in your ivory tower, talking about things that you don't know about.

I would really love you to go live there for some years, and see if you still have the same opinions. Honestly, I would love to know. Would be great if you could prove me wrong even.
Study also finds that people posting BS like this on TSR are the least successful people in society and have nothing better to do in life. 😉

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending