The Student Room Group

Muslim women are the "least successful group in society" report finds

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Brahmin of Booty
I'm White and my parents are radical left-wingers, father is a hard Atheist who hates tradition and the Church and mother is a feminist.

I agree that the West is the best place in terms of living standards, but at the same time this is not because of social liberalism, social liberalism is a luxury we can afford as a result of economic success, it's not the cause of economic success. If there were a serious famine tomorrow, most Westerners would not hack it nearly as well as someone from the mountains of Afghanistan or a Berber nomad.

The best places imo are places such as Japan and Korea where they obviously protect the rights of women, but have a culture of duty to others and family responsibility whilst also having developed economies.

Bold statement.

ps Japan bad example, they are incredibly sexist there.
I grew up this way.

No, I'm not racist, I don't think women should be stoned to death for sex before marriage or any of that nonsense.

In all honesty you are correct when you say that women working is good for the economy, however there is the long term negative effects. I've seen your posts and I've noticed you don't seem to like Islam very much, well you're going to have to get used to it and more of it because of just how far below replacement Western birthrates are, an economy which fails to maintain itself without hundreds of thousands of outside workers isn't actually doing so well if you ask me.

Countries with better humans rights tend to be more prosperous because they are more stable and have much lower levels of corruption, you don't do business in Pakistan unless you local sheriff is your cousin or you at least know who to bribe.

Original post by richpanda
I am not an islamic apologist by the way- I in fact hate the religion. But it has some of the highest birth rates and is the fastest growing religion. THAT is what defines human success, not if a woman can do an office job. They are outbreeding us.

You are right.

The future of the West will be dominated by Muslims, Orthodox Jews and very right-wing Christians, Atheism is dead, they have no legacy, nobody will even come to their funerals. I saw this chilling speech by a Muslim cleric screaming that Europeans 'desire death' and how his people will go to Europe and give them life, obviously he's a crazy lunatic, but he's also right.
Original post by Saba XD
I don't get how this discussion on a student forum correlates to being in the court but ok whatever you say. :facepalm:

I only mentioned courts because you said you wanted to become a lawyer.
:dunce: I'm making the point that it's foolish to say you need to compete in a combat sport to be masculine given that thugs, criminals, street fighters are masculine yet still they don't necessarily compete and potentially bared from competition.

Being a thug or criminal doesn't make you a man. Most street fighters are terrible and wouldn't last 5 seconds against someone who can actually fight. They are essentially women haha.
Original post by sameehaiqbal
Thanks for that. You don't even know me and you are saying that based on a few posts I have made because we have differences about opinion of religion. Even though I don't get along with you, I am sure you are a good person and I would never call you any of those names. But thanks anyways.

But you are unfriendly. In a childish way even. Remember that old argument? When you and that guy had nothing left to argue, you resorted to just typing "ahahahaha AHAHAHAHAHAH" and whatnot, and trash talking me. By the way, that account of your friend got banned for that. You are ignorant is a difficult one to show you since by definition you can't see it. Illogical I have shown often enough. Brash, well you recognized my username and quoted me with "leave "babe"" - something that you and your friend had much fun with last time round, showing who you really are.

So yes, if you are not this kind of person, it begs the question why do you act like that on this forum. But you do, and the words I used describe that behaviour quite well.
Original post by squish562
Lol you're just one person. There are 1 billion Muslims. You might just be an exception.

There aren't 1 billion Muslims in the UK :wink:
Original post by Ano9901whichone
Being a thug or criminal doesn't make you a man. Most street fighters are terrible and wouldn't last 5 seconds against someone who can actually fight. They are essentially women haha.

I'm not advocating it as a lifestyle choice, everyone gets old and when you get old you have to rely on your brain rather than your firsts, but poor men, thugs, criminals and the like are more masculine than middle class nerds.
Original post by Saba XD
Oh boy! Another ignorant. Someone else made this similar argument as you. And, guess what I think it is not very well thought out as everything would be different in a court of law, genius :eyeroll:. How does my comment on a student forum correlate to being in a court? Oh dear! oh dear!

Along with utilising evidence, not anecdote, you will need to work on your English grammar if you want to make a success in the legal profession.

"Another ignorant." Ignorant what? Person? Elephant? Don't you know the difference between an adjective and a noun??

"Someone else made this similar argument as you..." Good grief.

Expressing yourself correctly, precisely and well, is very important as a lawyer.

Just trying to help you out, hon. :smile:
@richpanda

[video="youtube;OLE1pXGo700"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OLE1pXGo700[/video]
Original post by richpanda
I am not an islamic apologist by the way- I in fact hate the religion. But it has some of the highest birth rates and is the fastest growing religion. THAT is what defines human success, not if a woman can do an office job. They are outbreeding us.

Africa has higher birth rates...

In fact, it is a well-known developmental economic fact that the richer you are the less kids you have. (and before anyone has a hissy fit, yes there are exceptions, yes this is a generalization, but it is a true one backed by statistics).
Original post by inhuman
But you are unfriendly. In a childish way even. Remember that old argument? When you and that guy had nothing left to argue, you resorted to just typing "ahahahaha AHAHAHAHAHAH" and whatnot, and trash talking me. By the way, that account of your friend got banned for that. You are ignorant is a difficult one to show you since by definition you can't see it. Illogical I have shown often enough. Brash, well you recognized my username and quoted me with "leave "babe"" - something that you and your friend had much fun with last time round, showing who you really are.

So yes, if you are not this kind of person, it begs the question why do you act like that on this forum. But you do, and the words I used describe that behaviour quite well.

I wasn't trash talking you. The other guy was and I just found it quite funny - which is why he got banned. I've never been rude to you, i've never lied to you, i've never tried to intentionally hurt your feelings which you are trying to do on this forum by calling me horrible names. I think thats unacceptable even if there is religious differences. I don't appreciate being called "babe" which is why I use it mockingly against you. Doing any of this doesn't make me any of the horrible names you just called me. But seriously, thanks anyways. At least you're being honest of what you think about me. So it's cool you think I am this big fat horrible person just because I don't agree with some things you say. It's cool.

And I'd like to add, you got banned too. So if you got banned, you must've said SOMETHING to have hurt someone. And I'm sure after the comments you have made about me in this thread, you will be banned soon again. Seriously, think before you talk. Some of the things you say, can actually affect people. You know NOTHING about me.

Also, I agree'd with the things my friend was saying but truthfully I didn't agree with the way he said it. I felt like he could've been a bit more nicer about it but it doesn't really matter anymore. I have no intentions to hurt anyone's feelings or be horrible to people on this forum.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Saba XD
I do not converse with uptight people. Hence, I do not want to waste my energy on you. You can think you have won all you want but you just like to generalise, I do not feel like giving you an appropriate answer.

I like to generalize?

How hypocritical of you. You were the one who projected yourself onto most Muslim women.

"I am successful hence others are too". That was your argument.

Anyway, what is wrong with generalizations? Is it wrong to say men are stronger than women? Of course there are exceptions but this is a biological fact. And yet it's a generalization to say that. People that dismiss an argument purely because it's a generalization (and don't evaluate its merit) do so because they don't like the generalization so they put this idea in their head that one exception means the entire generalization is wrong.
Original post by Vegito
Study also finds that people posting BS like this on TSR are the least successful people in society and have nothing better to do in life. 😉

I haven't watched db super in a while. Pls don't tell me your avatar is a spoiler :frown:
Original post by inhuman
I like to generalize?

How hypocritical of you. You were the one who projected yourself onto most Muslim women.

"I am successful hence others are too". That was your argument.

Anyway, what is wrong with generalizations? Is it wrong to say men are stronger than women? Of course there are exceptions but this is a biological fact. And yet it's a generalization to say that. People that dismiss an argument purely because it's a generalization (and don't evaluate its merit) do so because they don't like the generalization so they put this idea in their head that one exception means the entire generalization is wrong.

congrats on making the front page :yy:
Original post by sameehaiqbal
I wasn't trash talking you. The other guy was and I just found it quite funny - which is why he got banned. I've never been rude to you, i've never lied to you, i've never tried to intentionally hurt your feelings which you are trying to do on this forum by calling me horrible names. I think thats unacceptable even if there is religious differences. I don't appreciate being called "babe" which is why I use it mockingly against you. Doing any of this doesn't make me any of the horrible names you just called me. But seriously, thanks anyways. At least you're being honest of what you think about me. So it's cool you think I am this big fat horrible person just because I don't agree with some things you say. It's cool.

And I'd like to add, you got banned too. So if you got banned, you must've said SOMETHING to have hurt someone.

Also, I agree'd with the things my friend was saying but truthfully I didn't agree with the way he said it. I felt like he could've been a bit more nicer about it but it doesn't really matter anymore.

You can pretend all you want that you played no part in the bullying. But you did. You are not the nice person you think you are.

You lied right now. You most definitely trash talked me. In fact, you just admitted to using something mockingly against (not that I find that alone makes you a terrible person) and yet just words before you said "i've never tried to intentionally hurt your feelings".

I mean you even contradict yourself within the same post.

Maybe I am being a bit overly harsh (though the core message, that you are unfriendly, at least towards me, is true) but that just results from the fact that talking to you is like talking to a brick wall. You say things, contradict yourself, are hypocritical, don't use logic. It's a bit frustrating, yes, I must admit that.

congrats on making the front page :yy:

Oh you got me real good there Booty.

How can anyone ever win a debate against you?

:rolleyes:
Original post by endgametheory
I haven't watched db super in a while. Pls don't tell me your avatar is a spoiler :frown:

Just think of it as super saiyan with blue hair. Not a spoiler anymore. 👍🏻
I think it is a mixture of both: Muslim women in the USA are better educated and more successful career-wise than their male counterparts. On the other hand, they seem to be less integrated in the UK and there are seemingly more Muslims who stick to their own communities. The main countries of origins of Muslims in the UK are different to those in the US as well, so it could also be that the ones here are more strictly cultural and follow different religious doctrines.
Original post by Vegito
Just think of it as super saiyan with blue hair. Not a spoiler anymore. 👍🏻

I knew about that... I left it after goku smashed Hit. Anyways Iet's leave this here :wink:
Original post by inhuman
You can pretend all you want that you played no part in the bullying. But you did. You are not the nice person you think you are.

You lied right now. You most definitely trash talked me. In fact, you just admitted to using something mockingly against (not that I find that alone makes you a terrible person) and yet just words before you said "i've never tried to intentionally hurt your feelings".

I mean you even contradict yourself within the same post.

Maybe I am being a bit overly harsh (though the core message, that you are unfriendly, at least towards me, is true) but that just results from the fact that talking to you is like talking to a brick wall. You say things, contradict yourself, are hypocritical, don't use logic. It's a bit frustrating, yes, I must admit that.

No, I did not trash talk you. I don't know if you know, but that thread got so bad that moderators got involved and they took appropriate action and banned whoever needed to be banned i.e YOU and my friend. I was there, agreed, I was laughing, but i had no part in making anyone feel horrible and I was just there debating like anyone else unlike my friend who has admittedly being very horrible to you. Saying "Leave babe" doesn't make me any of the names you just called me. You mock me all the time and similarly I mock you back.

And funnily enough, you think I'm a bully but on this thread you have bullied me yourself. I find it ironic.

But you're right, talking to you is like a brick wall so best we just leave it here and go our separate ways. There's no point even trying to reconcile with you.

Quick Reply

Latest