The Student Room Group

Cheese's Summer of Some Sort

Scroll to see replies

Original post by raniafern
Yup, my UKCAT is next week. Now I'm bored of doing the same jazz over and over again, so I've lost interest in it. Which means I've no idea what's gonna happen on the day of the exam :rofl:
Oh, we get only teeny tiny ones. I still run away, if they're bigger than my slippers :biggrin: If not, they're crushed under my pretty feet :lol:

:afraid: not the UKCAT!!!!!! OMG bonne chance ^73820.3 :shock:
:rofl: thats what happened for my AS physics exam (totally failed :frown: )
i
h8
spiderssssssssssssssssssss
Original post by CheeseIsVeg
:afraid: not the UKCAT!!!!!! OMG bonne chance ^73820.3 :shock:
:rofl: thats what happened for my AS physics exam (totally failed :frown: )
i
h8
spiderssssssssssssssssssss

STOP FREAKING ME OUT!

@Gogregg I need your words of wisdom on the UKCAT, mate...
(edited 7 years ago)
STOP FREAKING ME OUT!

nah its fine, ure gonna do well
i have faith :yy:
STOP FREAKING ME OUT!

Wisdom?
Just continue practising and I'm sure you'll do great :biggrin:
Original post by Gogregg
Wisdom?
Just continue practising and I'm sure you'll do great :biggrin:

That's precisely the issue :cry2: I practised too much and am burnt out right now :lol:
That's precisely the issue :cry2: I practised too much and am burnt out right now :lol:

Then take a few days off and don't even think about the UKCAT! :u:
Go out with friends, visit your grandparents, rob a bank, go to an art gallery, just anything that will keep you distracted :biggrin:
@CheeseIsVeg It is time.
Original post by XOR_
@CheeseIsVeg It is time.

sorry i couldn't make it, my train broke down and I got back and dinner was ready (was back v late )
sorry dude
Free/up for it now tho :biggrin:
sorry i couldn't make it, my train broke down and I got back and dinner was ready (was back v late )
sorry dude
Free/up for it now tho :biggrin:

Okay sure, I'll be in room 9.

- wonder where @FireFreezer77 is?
Original post by XOR_

Don't mean to "snoop" into your conversation but he is out for dinner - should be back relatively soon :wink:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Matrix123
Don't mean to "snoop" into your conversation but he is out for dinner - should be back relatively soon :wink:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ah okay, thanks Mat.
Original post by XOR_
Ah okay, thanks Mat.

No worries :wink:
Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by XOR_

lol ok
be there in about 5 sorry to keep u waiting (i need the toilet ok :tongue:)
Entry no.16
For all those people thinking I am productive. Your belief is about to change :rofl:
So my Dad gave me a lift to the station this morning, because I totally got up when my alarm went off :colondollar: Still had time for crumpets and to get a Tesco sandwich for lunch :mmm:
Train journey was fine, I actually beat the person to the office first (for the first time bc he overslept hehehe :colone:)
Did some work, very very little, we are talking copy and pasting and then some typing and some talking.
This was largely due to the fact that my PC stopped working at about 9:15 am. After failing to tinker with it to make it work, I phoned up IT.
They took 30 mins to come, so I just read my book and talked to the others about Chemistry ofc :fan:
When they finally got here, they had to go back and bring a screwdriver. Turned out the PC was knackered, its battery had failed :lol: so idk what I did to it, I know I have a new PC now so :dontknow: (gonna stay well away from tinkering with it next time haha)
So finished some research, once i had a PC :lol:, and, thank goodness, lunch arrived. We went to the Student Union shop (got crisps) and then we sat down and played Scrabble.Now don't freak on me, but I'd never played Scrabble before, so it was my first ever game. I came a galliant 3rd place (out of 4 haha). the best word I played was "wailers" so yh, I enjoyed it and would like to play again, hopefully I'll get a bit better at it :mmm:
After lunch we watched one of the PhD students do her rollover of a Stratification experiment, its really cool! (image and brief explanation of what it is that is going on here in spoiler)

Spoiler

This reminds me of the quote of the day: "We're supposed to do this in a fume cupboard. But we don't have one so":dontknow:
Then we moved onto a brief tour of the engine in the Engineering labs, smelled a bit but was worth it I guess :tongue:
After that, we went up to the 8th floor of the building (highest floor) where we were shown the projects of the others.
One is doing a 3D facial reconstruction of skulls from the National History Museum, so really awesome, he showed us his creations, they were scary but really cool, he uses a TV screen to do it on :awesome:
The other one does theirs on rivers and had a tonne of photos which were scanned in and contoured/mapped and loads of graphs tables and charts had come from it. the images were so detailed and they were very close to the end of their project Yh, you may notice no more work was achieved?
That is because that took us to 4pm and we then went for the train :lol:
Trains did so well until we got one which went one stop then broke down :frown:
So I had to wait ages and I missed my train home so I had to wait another 20 minutes to get the next one.Luckily I got home in time for dinner and I am sorry this has taken me so long and that I didn't have time to play chess @XOR_@FireFreezer77 and now I am not sure whether to start a chess game or a pinta game as I aim to watch Sherlock and chill @10pm so...
Help me decide :frown: ,
Cheese

Spoiler

Spoiler

(edited 7 years ago)
wow cheese :fan: i assume you love writing because i hate writing out things :emo: thats why i haven't updated my bucket list :bawling:
You and your Sherlock :holmes: :lol: nice, love the PC and the lack of a fume cupboard.
x

Awesome stratification experiment! And loving that quote :lol:
I see you've been listening to a whole lotta Duran :ahee:
Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by fatima1998
wow cheese :fan: i assume you love writing because i hate writing out things :emo: thats why i haven't updated my bucket list :bawling:

I do like to write
One of my younger fantasies was to become an author :moon: but I don't think anyone would read my stuff :emo:
:rofl: you should update it because it was so awesome! :biggrin:
Original post by SeanFM
You and your Sherlock :holmes: :lol: nice, love the PC and the lack of a fume cupboard.

:mmm: sherlock gets me through life Sean :mmm: very excited to see what will become of the Blind Banker :mmm:
:rofl: PC's don't seem to like me? Is it because I abuse them :lol:
So funny, basically no safety takes place in the engineering lab lol (apart from using liquid nitrogen ofc cos that stuff can get narsti :lol:)

Original post by Matrix123
Awesome stratification experiment! And loving that quote :lol:
I see you've been listening to a whole lotta Duran :ahee:
Posted from TSR Mobile

:wink: :rofl: knew u would!
:mmm: how can you not :smile:
I do like to write
One of my younger fantasies was to become an author :moon: but I don't think anyone would read my stuff :emo:
:rofl: you should update it because it was so awesome! :biggrin:

:mmm: sherlock gets me through life Sean :mmm: very excited to see what will become of the Blind Banker :mmm:
:rofl: PC's don't seem to like me? Is it because I abuse them :lol:
So funny, basically no safety takes place in the engineering lab lol (apart from using liquid nitrogen ofc cos that stuff can get narsti :lol:)

:wink: :rofl: knew u would!
:mmm: how can you not :smile:

:ahee:
I don't listen to them often :redface: but they have some awesome songs :smile:
Posted from TSR Mobile
Aww my cheesy! You're so grown up!! And sciency! :h:

(maybe pinta? I'm leaving tomorrow so no more pinta for a week :frown:)

Quick Reply

Latest