The Student Room Group

Swinging, polyamory and open relationships

Poll

Would you try swinging, polyamory or open relationships?

Monogamy has a high failure rate, let's be real. :colonhash:
Have you ever thought about going beyond monogamy? Are any of the above something you'd consider or even try? If no, why not?

Scroll to see replies

What actually interests me the most is how people get into the swinging, open relationship etc lifestyle. Like how on earth do you even find these people? :tongue:
Internet? :colonhash:
Open relationships are definitely to the benefit of women more than men, a more male-centric dynamic is having multiple FwB
Original post by Brahmin of Booty
Open relationships are definitely to the benefit of women more than men, a more male-centric dynamic is having multiple FwB

Depends if the guy is straight :tongue: + good looking.
Original post by Electrospective
Depends if the guy is straight :tongue: + good looking.

I don't need a relationship, I'm a strong independent Brahmin who don't need no woman.
I don't need a relationship, I'm a strong independent Brahmin who don't need no woman.

This song comes to mind....

Spoiler

This song comes to mind....

Spoiler

Cheeky one here :pierre:

''woah i fink ill play sum guitar''

''sounds gud dunnit''

:rofl:
All degenerate. Monogamy is the best way for a stable family life, and the best environment for raising children.
x

Do you know what's funnier?

Spoiler

Original post by TheIr0nDuke
All degenerate. Monogamy is the best way for a stable family life, and the best environment for raising children.

And prior to having kids? :colonhash:
Do you know what's funnier?

Spoiler

No way, I was so sure they were classic working class London boys.
And prior to having kids? :colonhash:

Still degenerate. Multiple sexual partners results in people having a higher divorce rate.

An open relationship is totally cuckolding for the male. Wouldn't consider it.
Reply 13
I'm sure there's some couples in the world that can make polyamory work but I've never seen that implemented well in real life. Swinging maybe more, but the only couples I've known who got into it were older, kids had moved on, and they were really bored.
Still degenerate. Multiple sexual partners results in people having a higher divorce rate.

An open relationship is totally cuckolding for the male. Wouldn't consider it.

I dunno why I'm laughing, I think you're serious :teehee:

Divorce rates are still high, and let's be real, most people will cheat at some point in their marriage.
The failure rate of polygamous relationships is higher than the failure rate of monogamous relationships. Just sayin'.
Original post by Sorani
I'm sure there's some couples in the world that can make polyamory work but I've never seen that implemented well in real life. Swinging maybe more, but the only couples I've known who got into it were older, kids had moved on, and they were really bored.

But what about you?

Probably is: 'I wouldn't, therefore everyone else shouldn't' is very common.

Divorce rates are still high, and let's be real, most people will cheat at some point in their marriage.

Why? Because I have too much dignity and self respect to sleep with loads of people?

42% is higher than I would like, but not too bad. And no, most respectable people don't.
42% is higher than I would like, but not too bad. And no, most respectable people don't.

I mean, if you're defining "more respectable people" as "people who don't engage in activities such as swinging, polygamy or open relationships", then yeah... that statement is obviously true.

Quick Reply