The Student Room Group
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London

LSE Anniversary scholarships and LMA's

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Smurf67
Well LSE has done this for me on my second try, so it does happen...I am from a low income background (very low income).

I do understand what you are saying and how you feel. I was the same last year, cynical about the whole process of applying to competitive universities, being told I'm good enough to get in but being held back by my lack of resources.

But don't throw the towel in. Come back with an even better funding application for the next courses you choose to apply for. Best of luck!

That's excellent to hear. Thank you for the reassurance. I'm definitely reapplying next year--I don't know if I'll be successful because I don't think I'm eligible for any named scholarships or LMAs, so my hope is tempered, but I haven't got anything to lose.

I think I'm going to take a break from TSR, but best of luck to all still waiting. Ciao!
(edited 7 years ago)
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London
Original post by reflektor
Has everyone else given up hope?

Have you heard anything yet?
Original post by prepdream
Ah man so sorry to hear. At least you know the final decision though :/
I don't know, maybe a gap year, or maybe try to apply another uni next year. You?

Still no word?
Original post by reflektor
Still no word?

Yep...you?
Original post by Smurf67
Well said!

I had the exaxt same feeling last year as well. I was gutted once July 31st had passed and I received the enail telling ne that I hadn't been successful at acquiring any funding. Like you guys, I had waited the whole period hoping I'd make the cut in the end.

But its not a one chance saloon.For me it was an opportunity to go and get more extra-curricular experiences outside of uni, grow as a person and then send in a new funding app when the time came. I referred to the fact that I had been unable to take up my offer last year due to lack of funding but had used the year productively.

Hi Smurf,

Got an acceptance from LSE to defer my entry today. Phew, I was afraid they wouldn't accept my request, which will make re-entry much more unlikely.

May I ask a question though: do you know if it's possible to re-apply for scholarship (with a new essay) as a deferred student, or is this option only available for reinstated applications?

How are you preparing for London?

blue.neddicky
Got my CAS today and seems like I didn't get the USS either...
Hello not sure if anyone still looks at this thread but was wondering around when did people start hearing back about the scholarships for graduate courses? Was it really in July?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending