The Student Room Group
Student at University of Edinburgh
University of Edinburgh

University of Edinburgh Freshers Megathread 2016

A big congratulations to those that are going to the university! :biggrin:

You can use this thread to say hello to fellow students and discuss how excited you are to begin your fantastic journey!

This thread is yours, take it away
Hey guys, looking forward to seeing you guys in Edinburgh!

Just wanted to say, it's a good idea to join the Facebook fresher's group if you haven't already.
There are also a few subject specific groups and group chats if you dig around.

Anyway, I'll be studying Computer Science and Physics and my offer was AAA with an A in mathematics. Just gotta wait for the damned results day to come along :/
Student at University of Edinburgh
University of Edinburgh
Original post by lightbulbmoment_
Which groups are you a member of? There are way too many on FB I'm a member of at least 5!

I'm a member of two UoE freshers groups, and a group for all School of Informatics students :smile:
Reply 3
Original post by lightbulbmoment_
I'm in that group too! I'm starting the 5 year MInf program!

Have you bought tickets to any of the Freshers events that aren't held by EUSA??

Original post by The_Big_E
Hey guys, looking forward to seeing you guys in Edinburgh!

Just wanted to say, it's a good idea to join the Facebook fresher's group if you haven't already.
There are also a few subject specific groups and group chats if you dig around.

Anyway, I'll be studying Computer Science and Physics and my offer was AAA with an A in mathematics. Just gotta wait for the damned results day to come along :/

Hey troops, I've got an unconditional for AI + Comp Sci. Be wary of the other events outside EUSA as a lot of them are hyped up by reps then turn out to be ****, but I'm sure some will be good. I'm going to wait till I arrive before I buy any tickets. Exciting times ahead!
Yeah ive got my eyes on the icebreaker event aand a few other things on the freshers week event calendar. Poster sale is gonna be a must for me, huge fan of music haha.

But im not gonna bother buying a ticket for icebreaker until i get results, i know they will probably be sold out, but at this point I am very uncertain as to whether or not I'll actually get into Edinburgh 😔
Reply 5
I am super excited to start my journey in Edinburgh! I'm doing MSc Informatics! Just to double check, do we have to buy tickets for the EUSA events? See you all very soon! :biggrin:
Original post by tneck
I am super excited to start my journey in Edinburgh! I'm doing MSc Informatics! Just to double check, do we have to buy tickets for the EUSA events? See you all very soon! :biggrin:

I think you can either buy the tickets or a wristband for 40 pounds(?).
What Facebook groups / pages should I join? There are a few freshers weeks ones that have been started. Are any official or used by everyone?
ANYBODY STUDYING BUSINESS MANAGEMENT / BUSINESS RELATED COURSES / ECONOMICS - I AM SELLING MY FIRST YEAR COURSE TEXTBOOKS FOR MUCH CHEAPER THAN FOUND IN BLACKBALLS ETC. check your reading list, and if you need any of the following (most people doing business related courses will) and let me know. -Business: foundations / introductions - volume 1-Business: foundations / introductions - volume 2-Financial management and accounting: An introduction Thank you!
Gonna be (hopefully) studying theoretical physics in Edinburgh this September! I'm from Ireland and i cant wait to get over... If i get my offer 😁

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending