The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Is it bad that I don't have any Arsenal players?

Defenders are too expensive, Ozil is pushing it with his price and their strikers are lols

If they sign a top striker, I'd definitely bring him in though.
I think this year might have to be an early wild card.. I usually try and avoid it but with so many players unlikely to be ready for the start of the season?

Was looking at Ashley Williams since I think he'll do well at Everton but he's not actually played any pre-season games yet so surely he can't start the season this weekend?

Where have I gone wrong?

De Gea, Jakupovic
Stones, van Dijk, Dawson, Daniels, Paredes
Hazard, Payet, Mahrez, Alli, Fletcher
Aguero, Negredo, Grabban

Wanted a better set of strikers but run out funds..
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Lúcio

Defenders are too expensive, Ozil is pushing it with his price and their strikers are lols

Only players that interest me are the youngsters.. If we dont sign any more forwards, then a players like iwobi/akpom/snaogo, could be starting.. and would be a pretty decent price for a forward starting for arsenal
Original post by Zerforax
I think this year might have to be an early wild card.. I usually try and avoid it but with so many players unlikely to be ready for the start of the season?

Was looking at Ashley Williams since I think he'll do well at Everton but he's not actually played any pre-season games yet so surely he can't start the season this weekend?

Where have I gone wrong?

De Gea, Jakupovic
Stones, van Dijk, Dawson, Daniels, Paredes
Hazard, Payet, Mahrez, Alli, Fletcher
Aguero, Negredo, Grabban

Wanted a better set of strikers but run out funds..

Swap Paredes out, pretty solid otherwise imo.
Original post by Lúcio

Nah, I'm the same. First two fixtures could go either way, especially as they have an iffy defence ATM. In any case, I'd see how the first couple of games go before getting any Arsenal players. Only Sanchez seems to be a sure source of points ATM and you could probably get as many points from him as someone worth far less than £11.0.
Team Name: Arse ‘n’ All
I have Aguero Ibrah and Negredo in attack :colone:
Original post by Lúcio

I have none but with their fixtures I'll be picking up 2/3 when i wildcard after gw3. They've agreed terms with Mustafi if he's 5m like Mert and Gabriel he's straight in my team. If Iwobi nails a spot like last year he's excellent value at 6m.

Anyway here's my final team. Unless something drastic happens in the next 48hrs I won't be changing anything.

Valdes Jakupovic
Coleman Amat Friend Valencia Stones
Hazard Capoue Redmond Lamela Firmino
Gray Aguero Ibrahimovic

Posted from TSR Mobile
Who should I bench this weekend in midfield I have Firminho,Farbegas,Oscar,Fischer and Deulofeu
Original post by SuperHuman98
Who should I bench this weekend in midfield I have Firminho,Farbegas,Oscar,Fischer and Deulofeu

I'd bench Deulofeu seeing as he'll be playing Spurs.

EDIT: I might join this bandwagon...

De Gea | Valdes
Zabaleta | Walker | Valencia | Terry | McAuley
Coutinho | Mané | Willian | Fernandinho | Redmond
Ibrahimovic | Musa | Long

+2.5m in reserve.

Who would you bench this week and why? Also, any better options for my midfield?
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by 9910224
I'd bench Deulofeu seeing as he'll be playing Spurs.

EDIT: I might join this bandwagon...

De Gea | Valdes
Zabaleta | Walker | Valencia | Terry | McAuley
Coutinho | Mané | Willian | Fernandinho | Redmond
Ibrahimovic | Musa | Long

+2.5m in reserve.

Who would you bench this week and why? Also, any better options for my midfield?

All of Long, Musa, Mane, Coutinho, Redmond, Zabletta, Terry and Willian are not nailed. Most have a good, some a very good chance of playing, but you wouldn't bet your house on it because of new managers/tactics/players. Taken together they present a risk of disaster for probably not a great reward. Work out the riskiest couple and replace them with surefire starters
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Mister Dead

All of Long, Musa, Mane, Coutinho, Redmond, Zabletta, Terry and Willian are not nailed. Most have a good, some a very good chance of playing, but you wouldn't bet your house on it. Taken together they present a risk of disaster for probably not a great reward. Work out the riskiest couple and replace them with surefire starters

Terry is fine until Zouma gets back

Redmond and Mane will both start too

Would avoid the others

Posted from TSR Mobile

All of Long, Musa, Mane, Coutinho, Redmond, Zabletta, Terry and Willian are not nailed. Most have a good, some a very good chance of playing, but you wouldn't bet your house on it because of new managers/tactics/players. Taken together they present a risk of disaster for probably not a great reward. Work out the riskiest couple and replace them with surefire starters

From what I've seen from Liverpool in pre-season and last season, I'd say Coutinho is definitely a starter. Redmond seemed to be a shoo-in starter from pre-season, as well. And how many better CBs do Chelsea have than John Terry? Same goes with Willian. I don't see why Conte won't start him.

I agree about Long, Musa and Zabaleta, though.
Original post by sr90

Would avoid the others

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah i'd predict all those things too, but i wouldn't touch Mane or Redmond at this point in time. Liverpool look an absolute ballache this year and any one of them could be getting minutes clipped. And nobody is really certain yet, despite their suspicions, that Redmond will get the nod. If I were him i'd be inclined to upgrade one to Hazard and downgrade the other to an acceptable surefire starter like Siggy/Barkley/Ayew*
(edited 7 years ago)
Yeah i'd predict all those things too, but i wouldn't touch Mane or Redmond at this point in time. Liverpool look an absolute ballache this year and any one of them could be getting minutes clipped. And nobody is really certain yet, despite their suspicions, that Redmond will get the nod. If I were him i'd be inclined to upgrade one to Hazard and downgrade the other to an acceptable surefire starter like Siggy/Barkley/Ayew*

How is Ayew a "surefire starter" when they have Feghouli, Antonio, Payet, Lanzini, Tore and Carroll? Surely the same logic you've applied to Mane and Redmond applies to him?

Midpriced mids are a complete minefield tbh. Always one who explodes it's just a question of who. A few people called Mahrez last season but he took most people by surprise. Lots of people on FFS have Ramirez for example but I just don't see the appeal at all. There is some degree of luck involved at the start.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by sr90

Would avoid the others

Posted from TSR Mobile

If you're gonna get a Liverpool player, get Mané or Firmino.

Both are goalscoring midfielders and although they may get less minutes than Coutinho for instance, they'll almost certainly score higher points regardless.

Firmino in particular is a great 8.5m option because he can be played up front if required - i think he was our top goalscorer last season, or close to it...
Reply 176
Hi,

just joined, my team "Persis United"

looking forward to any forthcoming challenges :wink:
Original post by Lúcio
If you're gonna get a Liverpool player, get Mané or Firmino.

Both are goalscoring midfielders and although they may get less minutes than Coutinho for instance, they'll almost certainly score higher points regardless.

Firmino in particular is a great 8.5m option because he can be played up front if required - i think he was our top goalscorer last season, or close to it...

Firmino has been in my drafts for a very long time. He's not going anywhere.
H2H code?
Original post by sr90
How is Ayew a "surefire starter" when they have Feghouli, Antonio, Payet, Lanzini, Tore and Carroll? Surely the same logic you've applied to Mane and Redmond applies to him?

Midpriced mids are a complete minefield tbh. Always one who explodes it's just a question of who. A few people called Mahrez last season but he took most people by surprise. Lots of people on FFS have Ramirez for example but I just don't see the appeal at all. There is some degree of luck involved at the start.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Seriously, you just listed a player who's never played in the PL, an injured player, a target man, a left-winger etc etc.*

Ayew will be first 11, likely behind Carroll

Mane, Redmond, who knows.*

Latest