The Student Room Group

Official AS & A2 Results Day 2016

Scroll to see replies

Original post by tanyapotter
i can't bear to face any of my teachers. i'm literally legging it as soon as i get my envelope

That's the best way to do it. I had to stand and talk to mine for literally an hour last year. :frown:
So, I've been freaking out about this for ages now and if anyone can advise me on what might happen I'd appreciate it.

I wrote one of my questions on my maths paper (D2 AQA) purely in pencil by force of habit. Will I lose all of these marks as the scanner can't pick it up? I'm worrying as this paper should be one that I can get my A* on but I won't if I lose this whole question.

Also, if this does happen to be the case, can I request a remark and somehow notify the exam board that this was the reason and that perhaps they could refer to my original script?
Original post by LiesandAlibis
So, I've been freaking out about this for ages now and if anyone can advise me on what might happen I'd appreciate it.

I wrote one of my questions on my maths paper (D2 AQA) purely in pencil by force of habit. Will I lose all of these marks as the scanner can't pick it up? I'm worrying as this paper should be one that I can get my A* on but I won't if I lose this whole question.

Also, if this does happen to be the case, can I request a remark and somehow notify the exam board that this was the reason and that perhaps they could refer to my original script?

Pencil should only be used for drawing

it says on the front of the paper you can do drawings and diagrams in pencil, so they must be able to see it. as long as you didn't press down really lightly which I'm sure you didn't it'll be okay ahah

If it isn't being picked up by he scanner they mark them by hand, but as people are saying the scanners can see pencil but pen is easier to see, that's why they ask for it to be used.
Ohh UCAS have just notified us that they have *most* of the A level files through from exam boards :smile:

[NOTE - this is GOOD news, if they're late or delayed or there's problems then that can cause all sorts of problems with universities and UCAS getting Track updated in time :smile: - early delivery is definitely a positive thing, it means fewer muddles and mistakes on results day]
Original post by future doctor x
Guys , are people going to collect their results from school / college with their parents or friends or alone?? Hows everyone goimg about that ?

Alone. As I did last year. I couldn't do it with others.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by retardis
The one about gender schema which was asked last year I think, purely because it was a real shock

haha unlucky, my pal wrote all of his psycholigy exam in blue pen, wonder what will happen to him
Original post by retardis
The one about gender schema which was asked last year I think, purely because it was a real shock

I'm pretty sure it was social influences last year and gender schema theory in 2014. It was quite a big shock though as aqa in the past had always left 2 years between questions. if they were going to ask about cognitive theories I was certain it was going to be kohlberg so my answer turned out awful 😞

Posted from TSR Mobile

which question? crit path?
rip double post
Original post by PQ
They will have your results on Monday - they won't have them today or tomorrow during working hours, and even if you tell them your results they might not be in a position to decide which missed offers they'll accept until Monday or later.

If they can't answer on Monday I'd suggest calling their international team and asking them to put pressure on the admissions team for you for a decision ASAP.

One last thing, do you think im going to be rejected or accepted by UoM? What are your expectations?

I got told that at least you write with HB it should be fine... I did the same with the network flows Q and probably other Qs.
Original post by Rabadon
rip double post

hey, if i remember correctly you applied to imperial for mechanical engineering right?? how'd it go?? :biggrin:
Original post by tanyapotter
hey, if i remember correctly you applied to imperial for mechanical engineering right?? how'd it go?? :biggrin:

Computing, but yeah i have an offer for A*A*A (maths, fm, chem) so we're just holding tight now haha.

Great memory btw (considering I have no pp), how did your imperial app go?!
Original post by Rabadon
Computing, but yeah i have an offer for A*A*A (maths, fm, chem) so we're just holding tight now haha.

Great memory btw (considering I have no pp), how did your imperial app go?!

oh right, sorry! i confused you with another user beginning with R (runner something? he was doing scottish highers so i assumed he'd know by now if he made his offer which is why i was asking :tongue:)

my offer was A*AAA with the A* in maths and AAA in physics, further maths and german, but i didn't firm it. i don't even know if i want to do mechanical engineering anymore so i'm going to either take a gap year and reapply for EEE/compsci or see what's available in adjustment in other places, depending on how much i've messed up my a-levels...how are you feeling about your offer - do you think you'll make it? imperial are so ridiculously high sometimes.. some chemistry people literally have an A*A*A* offer to meet!!

btw, c3 ****ed me up monumetally so i've for sure missed the A* in maths and that limits my chances for loads of great unis which sucks but oh well..
RIP to you if people in your year group get told to do an interview with the papers and you don't get a call up
Original post by theoneincontrol
One last thing, do you think im going to be rejected or accepted by UoM? What are your expectations?

I can't predict that. Even UoM might not be able to predict that right now.

I can only assure you that they will not reject you unless they have no other option.
If we are accepted into our firm, how many days do we actually have to tell them if we're going or not?
Reply 3479
Original post by violetvictorious
If we are accepted into our firm, how many days do we actually have to tell them if we're going or not?

For most you don't need to tell them, others they need you to confirm and others they only ask you to contact them if you aren't going. The dates differ but it will be in the letter UCAS send to you.

Quick Reply

Latest