The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Cheesy Taters
If you are trying to design a factory to make a particular chemical, you don't just get some random person off the street to design it for you do you? Neither do you go look for 1 book on Chemical Engineering Design and then go and design it either do you? You wouldn't even ask someone to design it who doesn't have the right qualifications but claims to knowledge. You would only go to the person certified to do the design to make sure they do it right because they will not just know about the right way to design that process, but they will also know and understand things such as how that plant may affect other actions in the near area or what they need to do specifically for your case.

Similarly, you can't just ask some random person on the street to interpret the Holy Quran. This is a book which even the Arabs (who regarded themselves as the kings of poetry and beautiful language) were astonished by. They would read the Holy Quran and would be blown away by its' beauty. How can you expect someone who only knows a little bit about Arabic or only knows about how to translate word for word but doesn't understand the meaning to give you an accurate understanding of what is being said. This is why there are commentaries on the Holy Quran, written by scholars who have studied it their whole lives. These scholars are the ones who can begin to comprehend and explain the meaning of the Holy Quran. So if you want to learn what Allah (SWT) is saying in the Holy Quran, look for the commentary of a respected scholar and read that, not just the translation of the Arabic.

I do not think this is a credible comparison. One would not profess to being a chemical engineer without any knowledge of chemical engineering. There are 1.6 billion people who profess to be Muslim and you are actually telling me that only a very small percentage of these people actually understand their religion? So are the others just drones who go about their routine daily prayers and rituals as most have been indoctrinated to do from birth? How remarkably cult like.

Also, you say that I should not read the Qu'ran to understand Islam? How strange, do you think Muslims living in extremely remote areas to have access to extensive scholarly interpretations of the Qu'ran which they can peruse? Or do you think it is more likely they just have a copy of the Qu'ran which they can read? I would be inclined to believe the latter. Out of interest I wonder if someone could point me in the direction of a highly credible interpretation.

I also notice you ignored all of my other questions, which was the main point of the post.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by TheJ0ker
While having one peaceful interpretation laid down by scholars which every single Muslim followed would be excellent, in practice this is not possible. There are about 1.6 billion Muslims on the earth (I believe? Correct me if not) and there will always be people who would disagree with said interpretation or perhaps even be unaware of the existence of this interpretation. Therefore we are left with something which has a fundamental flaw and from which extremist ideas can spread.

I have some other questions which I have been pondering. I wonder, what are the views on homosexuality from people in this thread? Or more specifically do people believe that homosexuality is a choice? If you believe that it is not a choice then clearly Allah must be cruel, since he created all homosexual people and it is not a choice, then he has put them on this earth doomed to enter the fires of hell for eternity no matter what they do.

On the contrary if you believe that it is a choice and people have the ability choose to be aroused by a member of the same sex, then you believe that these people purposefully choose to make their lives harder? It is a fact that some Muslims are gay and imagine how hard it must be for them thinking of the fires awaiting them when they die, or even on this earth, the reaction of their families, why would they choose this?

My last question concerns myself. Although I do not believe in Paradise or in hell (I think they are just excellent indoctrination tools) I know people here do, it is simply in my nature (the way Allah made me) to question things for which there is no hard evidence. I simply could not be a fully fledged believer in Islam even if I wanted to unless I saw a supernatural miracle. Therefore I ask has the God which you believe in created me to be consigned to hell?

Thank you for taking the time to read this.

Afaik you would only be sinning if you carried out homosexual acts.
Every person has their own test which comes in different forms e.g. some are tested with disability, loss of loved one etc.
To attain paradise you must not give into temptations, whether it's money, men, women etc. Overcoming these may not be easy, but getting into paradise isn't easy.

If there was a miracle or God revealed himself, there would be no atheist/agnostic in this world which kinda defeats the purpose of believing don't you think?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Song of the Soul
I've reported you to the Community Team for this comment and the one on the previous page. It is not OK and there is nothing jokey about wishing the murder and massacre of other human beings by fierce animals. And you may also want to get your facts right: Jews are monotheists, not pagans.

I will be monitoring this thread closely from now on and reporting any comments like the aforementioned.

Okay🙄
Original post by OGGUS
Not older ones Cubs. So that they are friendly then can be controlled by them and then they can actually kill the Jew/Zionists people. And thanks for actually taking this seriously.:h:
lol how old are you, are you Arab ?
Original post by Ribbit1234
lol how old are you, are you Arab ?

No and I'm 17 lmao
Original post by OGGUS
I was talking about the war in Palestine. Sorry for the inconvenience
Jews are not pagans they are people of the book and worship Allah but call him something different and pray different.
Original post by HAnwar
Afaik you would only be sinning if you carried out homosexual acts.
Every person has their own test which comes in different forms e.g. some are tested with disability, loss of loved one etc.
To attain paradise you must not give into temptations, whether it's money, men, women etc. Overcoming these may not be easy, but getting into paradise isn't easy.

If there was a miracle or God revealed himself, there would be no atheist/agnostic in this world which kinda defeats the purpose of believing don't you think?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Though you have a point, even that on it's own will not convince people, it's literally futile for them, unless they make a conscious decision to believe, then it becomes clear to them. Just have a look at the children of Israel.
Allah has mentioned in the Quran that even if Allah were to show those people the fields of paradise they'd still reject Allah and claim it to be some sort of illusion.

Spoiler

(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by guided1
Jews are not pagans they are people of the book and worship Allah but call him something different and pray different.

I know that, I dunno I read something about them being translated to Pagans. Their alright people when guided righteously.
I heard that the Children of Israrl were sent down the most messengers in the entire world so clearly. There's something fishy about them. Their books have been changed a lot as their religion is old. I do agree that their religion was right when first made by Moses(pbuh)
Original post by TheJ0ker
x.

My friends wife, a religious muslim woman, has recently 'come out' to him and told him that she is bisexual, strongly leaning to women. It's pretty much broken his heart, and now even he is starting to question if this is something you are born with, or something you maybe develop - and not intentionally- perhaps due to some sort of complex social conditioning - that is just by chance. Or if for some it is more intentional than that.

[note, i am not giving my own view on the matter. Homosexuality as a practise of forbidden in Islam]
(edited 7 years ago)
This is a truly inspiring but deeply poignant account of the holocaust by a survivor: https://www.sonoma.edu/users/s/shawth/mans%20Search

It reminds me of the quote: "Some men, aren't looking for anything logical- like money, or power. They can't be bought, bullied, reasoned, or negotiated with. Some men, just want to watch the world burn'.

I believe muslims should stand in solidarity [and i believe we already do] with holocaust survivors and in memory of that great human tragedy. We must be absolutely against anti-semitism and punish any anti-semitic language we hear harshly, and condemn it harshly.

If a human being dies, we must not screen them and see if they are muslims, never mind muslim, screen them to see if they come from our own particular sect or madhab before deciding to help or feel remorse or sorry. Such an attitude is not humane, and such tribalism is among the root cause of so many tragedies. A human being is one of the potentially greatest creations of God, a life worth dignity and sanctity. Every single one of us could have very easily been born into a jewish household, or christian household, a sikh household. Some of us, perhaps were.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by mercuryman
Though you have a point, even that on it's own will not convince people, it's literally futile for them, unless they make a conscious decision to believe, then it becomes clear to them. Just have a look at the children of Israel.
Allah has mentioned in the Quran that even if Allah were to show those people the fields of paradise they'd still reject Allah and claim it to be some sort of illusion.

Spoiler

Yeah true.
No problem.
image.jpg
Something to help you.
I still need to do organise some Charity events. Been thinking about for ages.
PM if you live in Birmingham.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by OGGUS
image.jpg
Something to help you.
I still need to do organise some Charity events. Been thinking about for ages.

Join a local charity
A poor girl injured by regime snipers. Suffering in madaya, no painkillers just pain.
Regime forces and hizbul-murder refuse any aid to enter, or let civilians leave.
She says to them '' think of me as your daughter, your sister''
[video="youtube;4cFEhyxhEpc"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4cFEhyxhEpc[/video]
Original post by cupcakes87
41:16 shoot

Spoiler

Do you mind me asking what 41:16 stands for?
Is that secret code?:redface:
Original post by Al-farhan
Join a local charity

Okay:biggrin:
Original post by Chakede
havent seen anyone comment so thought id mention saudi led bombing campaign in yemen re started today , carpet bombing sanaa,
http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/middle-east/saudi-arabia-yemen-war-bombing-civilian-deaths-peace-talks-collapse-a7180531.html

The Saudis are totally incompetent and their campaign is only causing more civilian deaths, and they don't like to admit that.
Despite the British weaponry and advice they are unable to bring an end to this.
The huthis meanwhile continuing their executions and indiscriminate bombing.
On the other hand you also have AQ Yemen making as much gains as they can in the south while everyone else is busy.
And in all of this poor civilians are stuck in the middle suffering.
Surat Al-sharh
[video="youtube;fa6BHmI_1Tc"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fa6BHmI_1Tc[/video]
Suratul-Najm
[video="youtube;cuKj7fvqzac"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cuKj7fvqzac&index=25&list=RDfa6BHmI_1Tc[/video]

Latest

Trending

Trending