The Student Room Group

Will Camilla, Princess of Wales make a wonderful Queen?

I personally think she will. After all, it was a true love story even after the Royals threw that celebrity wannabe in front of Charles (ie Diana). Camilla is someone who values privacy, but does her Royal part.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Scroll to see replies

Original post by sationti
I personally think she will. After all, it was a true love story even after the Royals threw that celebrity wannabe in front of Charles (ie Diana). Camilla is someone who values privacy, but does her Royal part.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Camilla isn't Princess of Wales, nor will she be queen. Her current title is Duchess of Cornwall except in Scotland where it's Duchess of Rothesay. Due to the national obsession with Diana, she doesn't take the title Princess of Wales, and it has already been declared that should Charles ascend the throne, her title will be Princess Consort, not Queen Consort.
Reply 3
She won't be Queen for reasons stated above. I don't understand the hate for her. (I don't understand the obsession with the Royal Family anyway but there we go). Prince Charles was never in love with Diana, she was just the 'suitable' choice, and I feel sorry for him being in a family where that is valued more than your love for someone. Finally he is married to someone he loves. So why the hate, it's bizarre. Maybe concocted and stirred up by the Daily Mail.
she'll never take the throne as Charles has stated he'd abdicate in favour of William
Reply 5
So before this question, will HE make a good King. To which the answer has to be no, considering he is a bumbling out of touch individual that has achieved nothing of note. Probably not surprising as his parents are in the same camp, with the Queen unable to say good morning without reading it from a piece of paper and Duke of Edinburgh a racist aristocratic PR disaster. To be honest Diana, despite her weaknesses, appears to have injected a few better genes which are reflected in Harry and William being able to find a tad of charisma and empathy when speaking. As to Camilla, undoubtedly she is well suited to Charles but as we have seen she brings nothing to the party and to the popularity and on going success of the monarchy. It's debatable if either of them will outlive the Queen anyway.
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 6
Since her marriage, I think Camilla has been exceptionally good in her role. Her performance has really been beyond reproach, and she comes across as genuinely nice as well.

I don't see why anyone would have a problem with her using the title of Queen - I suppose initially there were sensitivities as a hangover from Dianamania and the moralistic nonsense about divorce, but I think we're a bit past that as a society now. The Church recognises that marriages break down, and allows remarriage in many circumstances.

Original post by jamesthehustler
she'll never take the throne as Charles has stated he'd abdicate in favour of William

No he hasn't.

Original post by anarchism101
it has already been declared that should Charles ascend the throne, her title will be Princess Consort, not Queen Consort.

She may use that title, in the same way as she uses Duchess of Cornwall instead of Princess of Wales (which she, in fact, is - but simply styles herself differently) but she'll still be Queen Consort automatically. *

How long are we going to hold an entirely amicable breakdown of a previous marriage against someone in this day and age?
(edited 7 years ago)
Screw charles.

It'd be so cool to have such a young king in the 21st century. Get rid of these old rags.
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 8
Original post by Zarek
So before this question, will HE make a good King. To which the answer has to be no, considering he is a bumbling out of touch individual that has achieved nothing of note.

Oh, pish. Quite what a person is expected to achieve within the straitjacket of being Prince of Wales, I'm not sure - but he's certainly done a great deal through The Prince's Trust, the Prince's Charities, speaking on environmental issues and so on.

"Out of touch", I'm not even sure what that's supposed to mean. He's a bloody prince, not some parish councillor.*
Original post by jamesthehustler

Chance of that happening: nil.
Reply 10
[QUOTE=L i b;66867480]Oh, pish. Quite what a person is expected to achieve within the straitjacket of being Prince of Wales, I'm not sure - but he's certainly done a great deal through The Prince's Trust, the Prince's Charities, speaking on environmental issues and so on.

"Out of touch", I'm not even sure what that's supposed to mean. He's a bloody prince, not some parish councillor.*

Bonkers mate. Has he ever made a notable speech and the achievements you mention link to owning most of Cornwall from birth. Not to mention the 'whatever love means' PR and fiancé insult debacle..
Camilla is fine, people need to stop hating on her. I see nothing wrong with the prospect of her becoming Queen.
Reply 12
No, but I think Charles with make a hilarious king
Prince Harry for King
Reply 14
Original post by Zarek
Bonkers mate. Has he ever made a notable speech and the achievements you mention link to owning most of Cornwall from birth. Not to mention the 'whatever love means' PR and fiancé insult debacle..

I'm not really sure what The Prince's Trust and the charities he champions have to do with his estates in Cornwall. Has he ever made a notable speech? Yes, many: on climate change, on deforestation, on multiculturalism, on his mother's commitment as Queen, on British architecture...
Reply 15
They
[QUOTE=L i b;66867752]I'm not really sure what The Prince's Trust and the charities he champions have to do with his estates in Cornwall. Has he ever made a notable speech? Yes, many: on climate change, on deforestation, on multiculturalism, on his mother's commitment as Queen, on British architecture...

They certainly don't stick in the mind as much as the numerous PR gaffes, when the monarchy is undoubtedly a PR role nowadays. No harm to the guy, he can't help his parents or the bed he was born in, but I don't see much particular merit in him or his wife.
Original post by anarchism101
Camilla isn't Princess of Wales, nor will she be queen. Her current title is Duchess of Cornwall except in Scotland where it's Duchess of Rothesay. Due to the national obsession with Diana, she doesn't take the title Princess of Wales, and it has already been declared that should Charles ascend the throne, her title will be Princess Consort, not Queen Consort.

I don't know where you got that from...Camilla is absolutely the Princess of Wales.

I think the obsession with Diana has subsided somewhat - I agree that back when Charles and Camilla married, there was some hostility - but she's been in the role a long time now and been a model royal. I think she will be, and should be, Queen Consort, and will do a fine job of it, too.
Original post by Platopus
Camilla is fine, people need to stop hating on her. I see nothing wrong with the prospect of her becoming Queen.

I quite like the idea of a Monarch. That is until I think of the huge wealth they have through nothing other than being born to the right parents. It is all rather obscene.

As for Camilla. Does she actually do anything?
Original post by ByEeek
I quite like the idea of a Monarch. That is until I think of the huge wealth they have through nothing other than being born to the right parents. It is all rather obscene.

As for Camilla. Does she actually do anything?

I don't think she's done anything awful
She won't be queen. But then again, Philip made sure that Charles' last wife wouldn't be queen either....

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending