The Student Room Group

I saw a NUN running out of TESCO EXPRESS.

Scroll to see replies

I think I might have seen this as well; did a guy in a hat and suit carrying a Tommy gun come out running after her?
Original post by Profesh
Probably a 'habitual' shoplifter.

great stuff
Original post by Electrospective
Oh ****! I just wanted some ice to help with some swelling in a sacred area.....

happy-ice-cream.jpg
Original post by BobSausage
Are nuns not allowed to shop? I admit so far my counter for religious devotees in Tesco is Nun

Spoiler

Now what I really want to see in a shop is this: :jebus:

Jesus christ I thought you would never stop with the puns
Original post by BioChemWizard
Wow

Wow
Original post by cookie123456789
I saw it. I honestly did. And I couldn't believe my eyes.

It was a shoplifter using Nun-gear to smuggle out their stash.
Original post by Brahmin of Booty
happy-ice-cream.jpg

Original post by Electrospective

Original post by Brahmin of Booty

Original post by AppleB
Wow

Much wow
Reply 30
Nuns need to eat too
Original post by BioChemWizard
Much wow

Lmfao!!
Original post by similarBlank
I think I might have seen this as well; did a guy in a hat and suit carrying a Tommy gun come out running after her?

Yes!!! I think we saw the same nun!
I saw it. I honestly did. And I couldn't believe my eyes.

Where do you live? Just out of curiosity?
I lived with Nuns for a few years when I was at Ballet School in London. They ran [and still do] a hostel for females in Hampstead called St.Dorothy's Convent. Most were Italian. The Sister in Charge, Sister Pauline trained as a teacher as a lot of them do. Others have to train as nurses. [They have to pick one or the other.] Unless they are Contemplatives who do nothing but pray and clean, literally all day. But most join an Order where they learn an actual occupation as well. Anyway, one day she told me when she was still a teenager she used to go down the stairs quietly so her parents wouldn't hear and sneak out to meet up with her boyfriend. Absolutely true story I promise you. I remember being gobsmacked at the thought of a Nun ever having a boyfriend in her days before becoming a Nun. But yes, I guess they are just human like the rest of us. A lot of women don't take their vows until they are in their late Twenties or early Thirties and have lived a bit. Some have been known to decide to become Nuns and they have previously been married and have children.
I couldn't possibly say
Original post by markova21
I lived with Nuns for a few years when I was at Ballet School in London. They ran [and still do] a hostel for females in Hampstead called St.Dorothy's Convent. Most were Italian. The Sister in Charge, Sister Pauline trained as a teacher as a lot of them do. Others have to train as nurses. [They have to pick one or the other.] Unless they are Contemplatives who do nothing but pray and clean, literally all day. But most join an Order where they learn an actual occupation as well. Anyway, one day she told me when she was still a teenager she used to go down the stairs quietly so her parents wouldn't hear and sneak out to meet up with her boyfriend. Absolutely true story I promise you. I remember being gobsmacked at the thought of a Nun ever having a boyfriend in her days before becoming a Nun. But yes, I guess they are just human like the rest of us. A lot of women don't take their vows until they are in their late Twenties or early Thirties and have lived a bit. Some have been known to decide to become Nuns and they have previously been married and have children.

That's bloody marvelous! Amazing! Thanks for sharing your story
Original post by Allie4
Nuns need to eat too

Do they?!?!?! Wow!

I think I saw her run out with a multi pack of beer.
she was probably buying her favourite things....
Do they?!?!?! Wow!

I think I saw her run out with a multi pack of beer.

Nuns need to drink too.

Quick Reply