The Student Room Group

BT Apprenticeship 2016 [part 2]

Scroll to see replies

Original post by JackAFC
How long did it take for your call? And did they offer you the job?

It took about a week and I was successful on assesment centre. Doing IT in Leeds
My assesment centre (ipswich) said that we would hear within the week and that if you were successful you would get a phonecall, unsuccessful an email. I was called within 2 days.

Drop them an email or call hr to chase up. Also check your emails and junk too, you never know it could be in there.

Im doing IT Networking in Ipswich.

T
I've been invited to an assessment centre in Birmingham as a vehicle technician. I only really applied to see if i'd get through, but the actual benefits of the apprenticeship aren't that great. A salary of only 14k, with 22 days holiday a year which will only increase after 18 years of employment seems quite stingy.
Other apprenticeships only pay £90 a week and no guareenteed job st the end of it....
Original post by NatashaStaffieri
Other apprenticeships only pay £90 a week and no guareenteed job st the end of it....

In addition to this they pay your education... give you invaluable experience and support you in your future career. If you want it all now... you can always apply to uni then apply for a high paid job that you find suitable to your liking.
(edited 7 years ago)
Exactly DanBrandon89!!

In other news, has anyone received the email today from TSO about the Yarnfield Induction!! :smile:

It's getting exciting!!
Think i'll cancel it.
The pay is very low and it lasts 3 1/2 years for an NVQ in vehicle maintenance which i could get at college in a year while working part time.

edit: The finance roles etc might be better but for vehicle maintenance it doesnt seem very competitive compared to the likes of BMW or Toyota
Anyone any further forward with their application? I was told at the beginning of May I had passed the screen, a suitable role had been identified and they'd be in touch with information about an assessment centre. Are the proposed start dates not supposed to be September? They're leaving it pretty tight.
Original post by Suedehead1
Anyone any further forward with their application? I was told at the beginning of May I had passed the screen, a suitable role had been identified and they'd be in touch with information about an assessment centre. Are the proposed start dates not supposed to be September? They're leaving it pretty tight.

Contact them and ask as yes they have left it very late as most of us have already completed pre employment checks etc ready for September start.
Could anyone confirm what qualifications would be gained as an apprentice engineer? How long you would need to spend away from home training? The days likely to be working each week? and What the pay scale would be?
Reply 30
Sorry posted in the wrong bit, lol

Hey there,Has anyone from Glasgow had news of Assessment days yet? I got an email saying that they have found a position and Ive to go to an assessment center, and they will get in touch - that was Jul 25, 2016.

I applied last year and no luck - said I hadn't met some criteria, and just in-case i chanced my luck this year and I applied - with the pretty much the exact same application form as the first, and got a strengths test, then after I'd totally forgot about it, actually ended up binning the emails - July 25th I get an email saying Ive to go to an assessment center. To a job which isnt viewable - a Degree Apprenticeship, which from what I gather isnt avaliable in Scotland, so relocation?

Anyone heard anything yet? Especially if its a September start?!?!
Reply 31
Original post by sschae86
Sorry posted in the wrong bit, lol

Hey there,Has anyone from Glasgow had news of Assessment days yet? I got an email saying that they have found a position and Ive to go to an assessment center, and they will get in touch - that was Jul 25, 2016.

I applied last year and no luck - said I hadn't met some criteria, and just in-case i chanced my luck this year and I applied - with the pretty much the exact same application form as the first, and got a strengths test, then after I'd totally forgot about it, actually ended up binning the emails - July 25th I get an email saying Ive to go to an assessment center. To a job which isnt viewable - a Degree Apprenticeship, which from what I gather isnt avaliable in Scotland, so relocation?

Anyone heard anything yet? Especially if its a September start?!?!

I attended assessment centre in Ipswich back in March and was told I was successful but all vacancies in my area had been filled but if any suitable vacancies become available they will be in touch. I still am yet to hear anything :/
hey guys i almost gave up after not hearing anything for 3 months, then out of the blue i got a phone call yesterday from bt saying that a vacancy had come up and if i was still interested. just be patient :smile:
Reply 33
Original post by taylor_vs
hey guys i almost gave up after not hearing anything for 3 months, then out of the blue i got a phone call yesterday from bt saying that a vacancy had come up and if i was still interested. just be patient :smile:

Well done mate did you get offered a job or have you got to go in for an interview ?
Offered a job mate I had my assessment back in may
Reply 35
Offered a job mate I had my assessment back in may

Well done mate !!! Hopefully they will be in touch with me soon.
Good luck mate
Reply 37
Good luck mate

Thanks mate :smile:
Reply 38
How long does it take to know if you have been successful after the assessment centre, also, do they call or email you?
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 39
Original post by Scott-12
How long does it take to know if you have been successful after the assessment centre, also, do they call or email you?

You should find out within about a week after if you are successful they should phone you and if your not they email you.

Quick Reply