The Student Room Group

How to get my boyfriend to forgive me?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 140
Original post by RobML
Well, you didn't even listen to an actual doctor...

Doctors aren't Gods, they make mistakes, too.
Reply 141
Original post by Ciel.

Visit another doctor and see if what they say is similar.
Reply 142
Original post by RobML
Visit another doctor and see if what they say is similar.

I don't want to. I don't want mood stabilisers or whatever I don't really care anymore
Reply 143
Original post by Ciel.
I don't want to. I don't want mood stabilisers or whatever I don't really care anymore

You have zero right to complain if you're doing nothing to help yourself. People like you are impossible unless someone is brave enough to step in with a firm hand, sorry to say

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by RobML
You have zero right to complain if you're doing nothing to help yourself. People like you are impossible unless someone is brave enough to step in with a firm hand, sorry to say

Posted from TSR Mobile

+1
Original post by Ciel.

Talking to psychologists/psychiatrist does not work for everybody I only suggested it because i thought you had never tried it before but one of my neighbours suffers from depression and he said seeing them made him feel worse so he would never go back and he does not like taking the medication. My sister refuses to take medication for her problem because it makes her put on weight.
When i saw the psychologist for the first time the woman started shouting at me for no reason then she acted all nice afterwards but i tried to tell myself that was her strategy to help me but i don't really think it was, she was just being unprofessional but most people do that to me for no reason because being too nice and polite to people seems to really piss them off. But anyway i never felt comfortable after that as she offered no explanation or an apology but even if she did i would still not feel comfortable talking to her. I only went 2 or 3 times then stopped going because i could not be bothered to carry on with the sessions. There's much better things i can do with my time. These so called professionals probably need help more than we do.

Everyone's got mental health issues but they probably don't know it.
So it probably seems like you can't be bothered to try other things but it's your choice and personally i don't blame you and at least you did try it before.
I think seeing psycholgists/pyschiatrists are best for people who are lonely and need anyone to talk to and listen to them

Your still with your boyfriend so he has already forgiven you but will never forget
Reply 146
Original post by Judge Judy
Talking to psychologists/psychiatrist does not work for everybody I only suggested it because i thought you had never tried it before but one of my neighbours suffers from depression and he said seeing them made him feel worse so he would never go back and he does not like taking the medication. My sister refuses to take medication for her problem because it makes her put on weight.
When i saw the psychologist for the first time the woman started shouting at me for no reason then she acted all nice afterwards but i tried to tell myself that was her strategy to help me but i don't really think it was, she was just being unprofessional but most people do that to me for no reason because being too nice and polite to people seems to really piss them off. But anyway i never felt comfortable after that as she offered no explanation or an apology but even if she did i would still not feel comfortable talking to her. I only went 2 or 3 times then stopped going because i could not be bothered to carry on with the sessions. There's much better things i can do with my time. These so called professionals probably need help more than we do.

Everyone's got mental health issues but they probably don't know it.
So it probably seems like you can't be bothered to try other things but it's your choice and personally i don't blame you and at least you did try it before.
I think seeing psycholgists/pyschiatrists are best for people who are lonely and need anyone to talk to and listen to them

Your still with your boyfriend so he has already forgiven you but will never forget

I agree, it just doesn't work for everyone. It didn't work for me.
But no, he hasn't forgiven me.
Original post by Ciel.

Some doctor's are idiots. I told my doctor many years ago about my
anxiety/panic attacks and he laughed and said it's nothing, everyone gets it so because he did not take it serious i kept it to myself and never spoke about it again
Then again many years later i told another doctor in the same surgery that i have felt suicidal on and off for many years and he burst out laughing and said all you need is a job. But he didnt know my work history as i have had lots of different jobs.
But at least those 2 were nice doctor's so i tried not to take it personal and just looked at it like you do that doctor's are not God or perfect at their job because who laughs at patients when they tell them about serious problems ?
I plucked up the courage to tell them when i had kept it to myself for many years and i felt like walking out of the surgery many times while in the waiting room before i was seen because i hate talking about those things.
But I'm fine now, I don't feel like that anymore.

Another female doctor in the same surgery many years ago was really nasty to me the first time i saw her. My male doctor told me to see her because i asked to go on the pill so i don't have to put up with periods. She told me my medical problems are because i don't have a job but again she did not know my work history either because they don't bother to ask. Then she lied and said i could not be referred for help for another minor problem i had because i'm single. I had no idea she lied until i told my male doctor what she said and that i will never go back to her but he told me what she said was not true and that he will have a word with her. So i had to go back to her. I was on the pill for 9 months, it was great but the only down side was it made me put on loads of weight and gave me high blood pressure so she said i should come off it. So i saw the 2 male doctor's for other things but only saw her if the other's were busy as i always avoided booking appointments with her because i never felt comfortable with her and her false smile and pretending to be nice to me never fooled me, So 1 or 2 years later i saw her for something else and out of the blue she told me i should go back on the pill but although i would love to i could'nt because it made me balloon in weight last time and gave me high blood pressure,
She's a complete nut for even suggesting it and she kept trying to persuade me to go back on it but i refused.

So your right they are not God and make loads of mistakes but i do believe changing doctor's is a good idea but i could not be bothered with the hassle of doing so but my old surgery closed down and i had to go to a new one close by so my new doctor's are so much better and when i told one of them about how the male doctor's laughed when i told them about my problems she apologised on their behalf. I didn't need an apology because i know some doctor's act differently to other's but it was nice of her to give one.
Original post by Ciel.
I agree, it just doesn't work for everyone. It didn't work for me.
But no, he hasn't forgiven me.

Oh, i thought he had a little bit but not completely because you are still together or living in the same place
Reply 149
Some doctor's are idiots. I told my doctor many years ago about my
anxiety/panic attacks and he laughed and said it's nothing, everyone gets it so because he did not take it serious i kept it to myself and never spoke about it again
Then again many years later i told another doctor in the same surgery that i have felt suicidal on and off for many years and he burst out laughing and said all you need is a job. But he didnt know my work history as i have had lots of different jobs.
But at least those 2 were nice doctor's so i tried not to take it personal and just looked at it like you do that doctor's are not God or perfect at their job because who laughs at patients when they tell them about serious problems ?
I plucked up the courage to tell them when i had kept it to myself for many years and i felt like walking out of the surgery many times while in the waiting room before i was seen because i hate talking about those things.
But I'm fine now, I don't feel like that anymore.

Another female doctor in the same surgery many years ago was really nasty to me the first time i saw her. My male doctor told me to see her because i asked to go on the pill so i don't have to put up with periods. She told me my medical problems are because i don't have a job but again she did not know my work history either because they don't bother to ask. Then she lied and said i could not be referred for help for another minor problem i had because i'm single. I had no idea she lied until i told my male doctor what she said and that i will never go back to her but he told me what she said was not true and that he will have a word with her. So i had to go back to her. I was on the pill for 9 months, it was great but the only down side was it made me put on loads of weight and gave me high blood pressure so she said i should come off it. So i saw the 2 male doctor's for other things but only saw her if the other's were busy as i always avoided booking appointments with her because i never felt comfortable with her and her false smile and pretending to be nice to me never fooled me, So 1 or 2 years later i saw her for something else and out of the blue she told me i should go back on the pill but although i would love to i could'nt because it made me balloon in weight last time and gave me high blood pressure,
She's a complete nut for even suggesting it and she kept trying to persuade me to go back on it but i refused.

So your right they are not God and make loads of mistakes but i do believe changing doctor's is a good idea but i could not be bothered with the hassle of doing so but my old surgery closed down and i had to go to a new one close by so my new doctor's are so much better and when i told one of them about how the male doctor's laughed when i told them about my problems she apologised on their behalf. I didn't need an apology because i know some doctor's act differently to other's but it was nice of her to give one.

Oh, i thought he had a little bit but not completely because you are still together or living in the same place

Looks like you've had some really bad experiences with doctors ; ( I'm glad you're better now, though.
Oh, that's only because he's too kind to just kick me out of the house right now.
Original post by Ciel.
Looks like you've had some really bad experiences with doctors ; ( I'm glad you're better now, though.
Oh, that's only because he's too kind to just kick me out of the house right now.

Thanks and The 2 male doctor's were ok really, it was the female one that was the worst, she was horrible
Well hopefully he will forgive eventually but in the meantime you should think of ways to find a place just incase he does kick you out.
I don't know what else to say about how to get him to forgive you, except maybe over time he will but only as long as it never happens again.
And i don't know if you know much about seeking arrangement but you don't have to sleep with anyone as it's your choice but you tell them this before you meet and i mentioned it because you said you might have to do prostituion but i knew that was sort of a joke. But on a serious note if you had to do it maybe one of them will buy you a flat as this does happen but obviously not often.

After i told you to watch the film Sugarbabies i just saw a similar film last night called Sugardaddies which was equally just as good and another film called
Girl house. These are all just to get an idea of what seeking arrangement is like or just a film to cheer you up and anyone else reading your thread or to just laugh about these films. It will take you away from your own problems for a while
Reply 151
Thanks and The 2 male doctor's were ok really, it was the female one that was the worst, she was horrible
Well hopefully he will forgive eventually but in the meantime you should think of ways to find a place just incase he does kick you out.
I don't know what else to say about how to get him to forgive you, except maybe over time he will but only as long as it never happens again.
And i don't know if you know much about seeking arrangement but you don't have to sleep with anyone as it's your choice but you tell them this before you meet and i mentioned it because you said you might have to do prostituion but i knew that was sort of a joke. But on a serious note if you had to do it maybe one of them will buy you a flat as this does happen but obviously not often.

After i told you to watch the film Sugarbabies i just saw a similar film last night called Sugardaddies which was equally just as good and another film called
Girl house. These are all just to get an idea of what seeking arrangement is like or just a film to cheer you up and anyone else reading your thread or to just laugh about these films. It will take you away from your own problems for a while

Ah I see. Still, that female doctor... Awful.
I don't know if anyone would want this sort of thing with me. I'm almost constantly depressed, sedated, and obviously it's less popular with males.
Reply 152
Lol you're lucky your life is in good shape.

If my gf cheated whatever its over your loss but take my money and spend it too? Nope im getting every penny back and more.

If not, your phone, laptop, clothes will all be confescated and sold until I have all my money back idc.

You dont deserve to be forgiven and you're lucky hes a chill guy. You cheating thief.
Original post by Ciel.
For cheating and spending quite a bit of his money recklessly. What would it take for you to forgive something like that?

Personally I wouldn't bother trying, if I was in his shoes I would never forgive you.
Reply 154
Original post by mmb10
Lol you're lucky your life is in good shape.

If my gf cheated whatever its over your loss but take my money and spend it too? Nope im getting every penny back and more.

If not, your phone, laptop, clothes will all be confescated and sold until I have all my money back idc.

You dont deserve to be forgiven and you're lucky hes a chill guy. You cheating thief.

I didn't steal the goddamn money. i've already explained this, probably about 10 times now. I had access to his account He was simply unhappy with what I spent the money on.

Original post by Rock Fan
Personally I wouldn't bother trying, if I was in his shoes I would never forgive you.

Well, he hasn't forgiven me so I hope you are all ****ing satisfied now.
Perhaps link him to your previous, self-indulgent pity party lamenting how "boring" you find him and railing against the intolerable burden of an existence in which every day is not an episode of Skins.
I don't think there is anything you can do to get him to forgive you for cheating, the relationship won't be the same as he will never trust you again
Reply 157
Original post by Profesh
Perhaps link him to your previous, self-indulgent pity party lamenting how "boring" you find him and railing against the intolerable burden of an existence in which every day is not an episode of Skins.

*sigh* I've already explained this. Of course, the thread is like 8 pages so you must've missed it, I'm not surprised. Long story short, I wasn't really myself when I made that stupid thread. Normally, I'm a very 'boring' person myself and I spend most of my life on the sofa or in bed, preferably sedated into oblivion.
Original post by Ciel.

Why are you being so rude to me? I'm not mentally ill.

Depression is a horrible mental illness which millions of people suffer from, which you said you had.On a serious note, if you do have depression, you should see a doctor.

Your boyfriend is not obliged to take you back. You need to take a break for yourself, figure yourself out as a person outside of a relationship, get therapy, make friends, fill your time with good and productive things. Your attitude in a relationship seems toxic, and it takes a lot of bravery to evaluate yourself.

Save your poor boyfriend any more heartache because what you did imo is unforgivable. Sure it wasn't emotional cheating but you still clashed genitals with another person outside an exclusive relationship, and that honestly hurts even just reading tbh.
Original post by Ciel.
I don't want meds, though. The antidepressants almost drove me insane, so I will never try them again. Thank you for advice but I'm 100% certain it's not bipolar. It's just my personality. I'm not really diagnosing myself. If anything I'm doing the opposite

Well, if you don't have a mental health issue, and you hate therapy, I suggest investing time in a hobby? Giving yourself something productive to do will help you get out of the cycle you're in. Joining group sports can help you learn to work in a team again. Volunteer to get a real sense of giving back to people instead of taking. You're hanging onto this relationship in a parasitic way (not to be take offensively), where your "sanity" depends on this boyfriend, and it doesn't work. Honestly, give yourself a chance to find a new purpose...and a new circle of friends whiles you're at it. Seriously, just try your best.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending