The Student Room Group

Official AS & A2 Results Day 2016

Scroll to see replies

Original post by tanyapotter
truuuu i keep forgetting that by the time results day actually rolls around, i'll have already seen the grade boundaries and calculated a near-accurate prediction of my results. only time will tell whether this will comfort me or make me an even bigger wreck on the morning of the 18th lmao

Me too - when I see the boundaries I have a pretty good idea what I got. Particularly chemistry.
Original post by Cadherin
Me too - when I see the boundaries I have a pretty good idea what I got. Particularly chemistry.

results day isn't going to feel like how i think it will feel because i won't be completely in the dark. i don't know why i'm even that scared about results day itself (unless i've seriously overestimated what i got in maths/physics but that's not really possible, is it?) it's grade boundaries day that will end my life
when i said constantly refreshing track i didn't mean it literally. it will probably be more like refresh track, take a shot of vodka, refresh track, take a shot of vodka, etc.

PRSOM Lmao
results day isn't going to feel like how i think it will feel because i won't be completely in the dark. i don't know why i'm even that scared about results day itself (unless i've seriously overestimated what i got in maths/physics but that's not really possible, is it?) it's grade boundaries day that will end my life

I overestimated my UMS score in physics last year (thought I had around 90, had around 87) and underestimated my UMS score in chemistry last year (thought I had around 90, had 93) even after seeing grade boundaries. I think it can be hard to tell the exact mark, but you usually can tell the grade.
I agree, I feel as if I'll have a good idea before results day dawns.
Original post by Aph
Constant refreshing won't help, there is no point logging in until 7 (office hours are t until 7:30 anyway so there is no chance they will update before then) and a check every 5 mins is more appropriate.

not true, came up 725 last year.
I overestimated my UMS score in physics last year (thought I had around 90, had around 87) and underestimated my UMS score in chemistry last year (thought I had around 90, had 93) even after seeing grade boundaries. I think it can be hard to tell the exact mark, but you usually can tell the grade.
I agree, I feel as if I'll have a good idea before results day dawns.

i underestimated all of my maths modules but overestimated physics unit 2 somehow - was sure i got 120/120 but turns out i only got 113 (still averaged to 270 ums in total when accounting for unit 1 and the empa but damn. didn't see it coming considering how low the boundaries were)

i hope that doesn't happen again fuk
Original post by JME_CHG
I got told that at least you write with HB it should be fine... I did the same with the network flows Q and probably other Qs.

Also, may I add, if they cant see a proper answer/it isnt too clear, I'm pretty sure they send it to be physically checked :smile:
Original post by Dominae
Results day thread already?! :eek:

Can't believe we're all going to be crapping ourselves in 82 days :cry:

How time does fly :tongue:

6 days tho guys omg :afraid:
(edited 7 years ago)
i underestimated all of my maths modules but overestimated physics unit 2 somehow - was sure i got 120/120 but turns out i only got 113 (still averaged to 270 ums in total when accounting for unit 1 and the empa but damn. didn't see it coming considering how low the boundaries were)

i hope that doesn't happen again fuk

My PHYA2 initially got a low B, I sent it for a re-mark and ended up with 110 UMS (an increase of 8 raw marks haha). But I got 120 on PHYA1 (aka the potato!) but a baaaaad ISA (30/60).

I was surprised about PHYA2 given how freakishly low the boundaries were!
My PHYA2 initially got a low B, I sent it for a re-mark and ended up with 110 UMS (an increase of 8 raw marks haha). But I got 120 on PHYA1 (aka the potato!) but a baaaaad ISA (30/60).

I was surprised about PHYA2 given how freakishly low the boundaries were!

omg, i seriously considered sending unit 2 for a remark because there was no way i didn't get full ums, even after marking myself harshly + checking the mark scheme! but ah well.

how the hell did you get full ums on the potato circuit exam????!!! i think i got a mid A in that (106 or something) but i was still over the moon because i did not expect to even pass it lmao

what i don't get, to this day, is how PHYA2 was apparently harder than PHYA1. when i finished unit 2 i thought that exam was a gift from the gods, it was literally so easy. how on earth did people generally do better in the first one???!!! how was it 48/70 for an A on one of the easiest unit 2 papers i'd ever done? HH OW
Anyone else know that they've missed thier uni offer but still hoping for a miracle? So you're stuck in limbo between being hopeful and being realistic, so you're now hysterical? Yeah, me neither:ashamed:
Original post by UnknownAnon
Anyone else know that they've missed thier uni offer but still hoping for a miracle? So you're stuck in limbo between being hopeful and being realistic, so you're now hysterical? Yeah, me neither:ashamed:

This is me exactly. Pretty sure I won't get my offer just reaaalllyyy hoping that the uni will be lenient and let me in anyway.

Posted from TSR Mobile
omg, i seriously considered sending unit 2 for a remark because there was no way i didn't get full ums, even after marking myself harshly + checking the mark scheme! but ah well.

how the hell did you get full ums on the potato circuit exam????!!! i think i got a mid A in that (106 or something) but i was still over the moon because i did not expect to even pass it lmao

what i don't get, to this day, is how PHYA2 was apparently harder than PHYA1. when i finished unit 2 i thought that exam was a gift from the gods, it was literally so easy. how on earth did people generally do better in the first one???!!! how was it 48/70 for an A on one of the easiest unit 2 papers i'd ever done? HH OW

I think the mark scheme must have been harsh. Also, there were some tricky application questions and it was quite different from past papers - but still not that hard in my opinion.

I got the PHYA2 paper back after re-mark and I basically got 2/3 for the velocity/time graph (up from 0/3), 6/6 for the six marker (up from 4/6), 2/2 for a correct calculation (which was originally marked wrong :biggrin:) and a couple of extra ones for wordy questions.

I mean, I could understand an increase of 8/70 raw marks for perhaps an Arts paper but, physics... Really?!

With the potato circuit exam, I got my paper back out of interest and I got full marks on particles and quanta - got to the electricity and I'd dropped 9 or 10 marks or something (right on the full UMS boundary). :biggrin:
Original post by Nahimjustaworm
This is me exactly. Pretty sure I won't get my offer just reaaalllyyy hoping that the uni will be lenient and let me in anyway.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Exactly but at the same time, I want to prepare myself for results day disapointment.
What are people going to do after they collect their results? Anything fun/interesting?
Reply 3515
Does anyone have an offer for History and Sociology to study at Warwick on this thread? It's my firm choice, but I know I haven't made it. :frown: :frown:
I think the mark scheme must have been harsh. Also, there were some tricky application questions and it was quite different from past papers - but still not that hard in my opinion.

I got the PHYA2 paper back after re-mark and I basically got 2/3 for the velocity/time graph (up from 0/3), 6/6 for the six marker (up from 4/6), 2/2 for a correct calculation (which was originally marked wrong :biggrin:) and a couple of extra ones for wordy questions.

I mean, I could understand an increase of 8/70 raw marks for perhaps an Arts paper but, physics... Really?!

With the potato circuit exam, I got my paper back out of interest and I got full marks on particles and quanta - got to the electricity and I'd dropped 9 or 10 marks or something (right on the full UMS boundary). :biggrin:

damn... it sucks so much that examiners could be so off in their marking. i hope that doesn't happen this year because i cannot afford to do any worse than i think i have ugh
Original post by Altun63
What are people going to do after they collect their results? Anything fun/interesting?

Regardless of whether the results are good or bad, I'll be drinking a LOT of vodka, gin & scotch that evening.
Original post by fefssdf
I didn't actually bother learning that kolhberg essay, which was great cause they didn't ask it but knowing now about AQA repeating questions in the other units suggests that was a very risky idea :/

Yeah, we all know that know 😂

Posted from TSR Mobile
Regardless of whether the results are good or bad, I'll be drinking a LOT of vodka, gin & scotch that evening.

Yes lots of alcohol

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest