The Student Room Group

Muslim women are the "least successful group in society" report finds

Scroll to see replies

Original post by barakkaatt
you are literally twisting everything up and seeing the wrong end of the entire religion.

Typical excuse. Every Muslim who stands for something that doesn't suit people is "not a true Muslim". This blind ignorance of what is really going on is just as harmful as the practices I mentioned.
Reply 221
I think what Muslim Women wear might be putting employers off from hiring them if they come in with a burqa then 99% of employers will simply reject them also the employer might also be thinking about whether they will fit into the team
Original post by Brahmin of Booty
The null hypothesis has to be an equality.

You = good.

Son, stop digging.
Original post by inhuman
Typical excuse. Every Muslim who stands for something that doesn't suit people is "not a true Muslim". This blind ignorance of what is really going on is just as harmful as the practices I mentioned.

so you're saying I'M not a true Muslim?? blind ignorance hm? so why don't YOU tell US what really is going on. I'm sure you're very well informed on all of it.
Original post by generallee
Along with utilising evidence, not anecdote, you will need to work on your English grammar if you want to make a success in the legal profession.

"Another ignorant." Ignorant what? Person? Elephant? Don't you know the difference between an adjective and a noun??

"Someone else made this similar argument as you..." Good grief.

Expressing yourself correctly, precisely and well, is very important as a lawyer.

Just trying to help you out, hon. :smile:

Yeah, when you did not find anything wrong in my comment, you resorted to criticise my grammar. Even though, everyone makes mistakes here and there but because I did, you called me out. You are not perfect either. No one is. And, before you fix someone else's grammar, maybe you should concentrate on your own? It is not 'if you want to make a success, it is either 'if you want to be successful' or 'if you want to succeed'.

Just returning the favour, hon :wink:.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by oShahpo
I only mentioned courts because you said you wanted to become a lawyer.

Oh, so if someone wants to be a doctor, would you bring up operation theater? Sounds weird but whatever tickles your pickles.
Original post by barakkaatt
so you're saying I'M not a true Muslim?? blind ignorance hm? so why don't YOU tell US what really is going on. I'm sure you're very well informed on all of it.

What, no?
Original post by PrincessBO$$

I'll save that meme for results day. :bawling: :shot: :rip:
"Least successful" , "Most disadvantaged", whichever way the media want to spin it to either make muslim women look lazy or in contrast oppressed, you can't deny that there are a multitude of reasons why these stats have appeared. Who cares? Statistical disparities don't necessarily mean there is a problem here. Personally I'd say this boils down to muslim women being more likely to live in a traditional household where the man takes the dominant role (purely my perception of things). There is nothing wrong with this if it is legit. There is also nothing wrong with quote "a single 40 year old White woman with more money but less family life". Quit with the divide and conquer tactics, let people be who they want to be (if they are not being subjugated) regardless of gender/religion/race/sexuality etc.
Original post by Brahmin of Booty
A Muslim woman who has no job but is a good mother and wife, is more successful than a single 40 year old White woman with more money but less family life.

How? Who are you to say that having a family is more important than a career? As far as I'm concerned at least the white woman would have achieved something more than just being a housewife and having children. It takes hard work and dedication to acquire a lot of money in most cases.
Reply 230
Original post by HAnwar
We are the most successful in the eyes of Allah

#rekt

Posted from TSR Mobile

Original post by richpanda
This is due to the Western view that every woman must work, and that anything else is shameful.

Original post by PrincessBO$$

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Spoiler

For goodness sake I don't understand where these two ideas are suddenly coming from that Islam doesn't let women work and they have to essentially be slaves, stay at home and bear children. This 'study' and everyone who thinks this is seriously mixing up Islam with the backwards cultures that will use any any any excuse (if Islam didn't exist it would be something else) to put women down and give them as little power as possible. If you actually take Quran readings, in no way does it advocate that women shouldn't work. But instead over time you've had sexist and backwards 'scholars' who have been brainwashing vulnerable people and twisting the Quran to meet their own backwards purposes. So now in these cultures, women not working has become a norm. Then you get studies like these that equate women not working as failures to society.
There. Rant done
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Pinkberry_y
For goodness sake I don't understand where these two ideas are suddenly coming from that Islam doesn't let women work and they have to essentially be slaves, stay at home and bear children. This 'study' and everyone who thinks this is seriously mixing up Islam with the backwards cultures that will use any any any excuse (if Islam didn't exist it would be something else) to put women down and give them as little power as possible. If you actually take Quran readings, in no way does it advocate that women shouldn't work. But instead over time you've had sexist and backwards 'scholars' who have been brainwashing vulnerable people and twisting the Quran to meet their own backwards purposes. So now in these cultures, women not working has become a norm. Then you get studies like these that equate women not working as failures to society.
There. Rant done

And at what point will you realize that that is what religion is? A form of social control. The church has lost its social control (mostly) in the West and hence we have evolved morally.

The archaic ideology that is Islam has enslaved its people since the 8th century and they have not been able to escape. Hence their morals and values are still archaic.
Original post by TooFocused
"Least successful" , "Most disadvantaged", whichever way the media want to spin it to either make muslim women look lazy or in contrast oppressed, you can't deny that there are a multitude of reasons why these stats have appeared. Who cares? Statistical disparities don't necessarily mean there is a problem here. Personally I'd say this boils down to muslim women being more likely to live in a traditional household where the man takes the dominant role (purely my perception of things). There is nothing wrong with this if it is legit. There is also nothing wrong with quote "a single 40 year old White woman with more money but less family life". Quit with the divide and conquer tactics, let people be who they want to be (if they are not being subjugated) regardless of gender/religion/race/sexuality etc.

It's about opportunity and freedom.

And no it's not "free" if you do what you have been told all your life is your role.
There. Rant done

how many women do think worked at a mans same status under mohammeds society do you think (apart from the one of his wives that was a businesswoman before she converted to islam) ?
Original post by inhuman
And at what point will you realize that that is what religion is? A form of social control. The church has lost its social control (mostly) in the West and hence we have evolved morally.

The archaic ideology that is Islam has enslaved its people since the 8th century and they have not been able to escape. Hence their morals and values are still archaic.

But that's the thing, when I hear religion I think of the religious text only. Whether that be the Torah, the bible or the Quran. That is the essence of the religion. Anything else is all hearsay and added on by exploitists. If people take a step back and take some time to seperate the web of culture and religion it would solve a lot of misunderstanding. For example take the culture in Saudia Arabia: the Quran doesn't say women can't take part in sports or drive. It is the authorities there that use religion as the excuse to impose their misogyny.
The type of people that want to impose social control will use anything to gain it, it just so happens that in some places religion is available, people avidly follow it so it makes it easier for them to take advantage of it and use the name 'religion' to impose their views. When in reality the religious books doesn't tell them to do any of this.
Original post by Chakede
how many women do think worked at a mans same status under mohammeds society do you think (apart from the one of his wives that was a businesswoman before she converted to islam) ?

I can't tell you how many were businesswomen during that time as I wasn't there and I can't find any record from during that time with that sort of information. However, the same present-day barriers to women's equality prevailed in 7th century Arabia, and Mohammad opposed them. Because in his own lifetime Muhammad improved women's position in society, many modern Muslims continue to value his example, which they cite when pressing for women's rights.
Original post by squish562
Honestly, I feel it's more of a cultural problem than one of discrimination- Muslim women just tend to be homemakers instead of working in paid employment.

Congratulations, you are less stupid than the entire British government.
The very headline is dishonest. The study shows that women have the lowest employment rate, and that most unemployed Muslim women are not looking for work. It shows that Muslim women are most likely to be housewives, not that they are least successful. In 1950 most British women were "unsuccessful" by that measure. On the other hand, at that time we had a naturally growing population.
But that's the thing, when I hear religion I think of the religious text only. Whether that be the Torah, the bible or the Quran. That is the essence of the religion. Anything else is all hearsay and added on by exploitists. If people take a step back and take some time to seperate the web of culture and religion it would solve a lot of misunderstanding. For example take the culture in Saudia Arabia: the Quran doesn't say women can't take part in sports or drive. It is the authorities there that use religion as the excuse to impose their misogyny.
The type of people that want to impose social control will use anything to gain it, it just so happens that in some places religion is available, people avidly follow it so it makes it easier for them to take advantage of it and use the name 'religion' to impose their views. When in reality the religious books doesn't tell them to do any of this.

That is why I personally call it an ideology and not a religion.

And the fact is, that in most countries, dare I say all but I might be wrong then, where this ideology is the leading authority on morals and values, in those countries the culture is one that directly opposes the liberal freedoms our ancestors, and we still do today, have achieved and strive for.

Sure, there are those mistreating minorities based on sexual preferences here, too, but overall we condemn that. Our laws condemn that. We should be proud that half a century ago being gay was a crime and now they can marry. We evolved morally to let that happen. Therefore we should be vehemently against cultures and ideologies that in some extremes even stone gays. That is just one example, nothing to do with women.

I don't care about Islam per se as a "religion". The problem is the societal control it allows people (you have to "submit" to be a Muslim, that means it is so much easier for people in power to come and oppress you, for men to oppress women). That makes it a much more dangerous ideology that Judaism or Christianity.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending