The Student Room Group

Advice on what to do after results day

Right, for college and sixth form you need 5Cs?! what are you going to do if you don't have 5CS and instead you have ES,FS, and GS???
Original post by amyjanee15
Right, for college and sixth form you need 5Cs?! what are you going to do if you don't have 5CS and instead you have ES,FS, and GS???

The most common choice when this is the case is to redo the key GCSEs i.e. maths and english at college and then start a-levels. So you would do 3 years at college instead of the conventional 2.
Reply 2
Original post by computationchive
The most common choice when this is the case is to redo the key GCSEs i.e. maths and english at college and then start a-levels. So you would do 3 years at college instead of the conventional 2.

but then don't you have to pay for re sits ?
I know many people in my year who achieved Es and Fs, it just means that instead of doing level 3 courses they have to do level 1/2 courses along side any re-sits
Or you could get a job.
Original post by computationchive

not necessarily 3 years of college, it depends on the situation of the individual, and what they wanted to do next. e.g. a levels / btec / etc.
I've just completed the new AS Level specs, and resat gcse maths in november 2015, I was however only taking 3 subjects which could be seen as ``easier``.

you can also retake gcse maths/english on the november retake, which is what my schools 6th form did, for maths we sat in the hall and completed the paper, I was doing 3 AS Levels.

there's also fast track a levels, or a sandwich course (something like that) where you can do 1 a level in one academic year (AS and A2) but its a lot of work apparently.
but then don't you have to pay for re sits ?

it depends on the college or sixth form and on the old/new gcses, I didn't need to pay for my resit because it was at my schools sixth form doing AS levels, however if you failed it the 2nd time, I should think the person may have to pay but could still take the exam at the exam center they originally took the exam (like your school).
Reply 7
Original post by returnmigrant
Or you could get a job.

i would but you are not allowed now

If you want to do A-levels, C grades in your desired subjects don't fulfil the minimum requirements; you must attain grade B or above.
Reply 9
Original post by Jamie Vardy
If you want to do A-levels, C grades in your desired subjects don't fulfil the minimum requirements; you must attain grade B or above.

no i want to do childcare at college, but i don't want to do level one that is pointless as I've learned it in year 10 and 11 already
i would but you are not allowed now

No, you just have to be in education or training if you CAN'T get a job. Plenty of 16 year olds are employed full-time.
They might let you straight onto level 3 childcare since you already completed level 2 depending on what grade you end up with, otherwise it'd probably be level 1/2 vocational course alongside resits
Original post by caitlinford3
They might let you straight onto level 3 childcare since you already completed level 2 depending on what grade you end up with, otherwise it'd probably be level 1/2 vocational course alongside resits

its annoying isn't it really? i will never pass maths ha
Ok first don't talk to any of your classmates, hearing the results they got won't help you whatsoever. Go see your teachers/head of year with your parents to discuss your options on retaking, whether you could be allowed to retake the year at this school or go to a local college. Contact your colleges to see what advice they offer. It won't be the end of the world
its annoying isn't it really? i will never pass maths ha

Yeah it would be so annoying for you if you've already done level 2 childcare! Speak to them at enrollment on results day and I'm sure they could sort it for you

Quick Reply

Latest