The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Rk2k14
Januzaj's attitude has been questioned by 3 different coaches. Not as good as he thinks he is.

Think he let that 13/14 season go to his head.

that or he thinks he can get by on being called a "talent" most ideal thing for him is probably to go on loan to a team where he will get gametime maybe til jan/end of season but with a recall option.
From the moment he broke through, I said Januzaj was destined for a Swansea or Sunderland esque team. Most overhyped player around.
@Dirtybit Thoughts on Aaron Ramsey getting more goals and assists than Pogba this season?
Original post by swirly
@Dirtybit Thoughts on Aaron Ramsey getting more goals and assists than Pogba this season?

I rate Ramsey as highly as Pogba for what it's worth. Would take him at Chelsea in a heartbeat.
Original post by jam277.75
I rate Ramsey as highly as Pogba for what it's worth. Would take him at Chelsea in a heartbeat.

Imo that transfer fee will kill Pogba. Bale was 85m and he won 2 CL's pretty damn quickly playing a pivotal role. Unless Pogba wins multiple titles for United that figure is going to be rightfully seen as vastly disproportionate to his actual value.

I mean, Ozil was 43m and he had that around his neck for the best part of 2 season.
£5.5m for McNair and Love - hopefully start of Ed recouping money just as efficiently as he's bought in the market this summer.

United are not willing to let Januzaj leave incase he turns out to develop elsewhere like Pogba which I don't see happening due to his poor attitude to wanting to succeed at the club after a promising first season. Although saying that, a PL loan would be good for him and for United in allowing us to get good money for him and rather than a buyback clause, get a percentage deal of his future sales (might not be seen as the regular thing for a club of United's size but hey, every little bit helps!)
Regarding this entire Januzaj situation, I blame David Moyes. Not sure if anyone else watched the FTDevils live stream earlier but according to them Moyes didn't give Januzaj any prematch instructions apart from "enjoy yourself". That's not a problem for Sunday league but as a manager surely he should be giving a breakthrough like Januzaj some instructions. That 13/14 season probably gassed him up a bit much so I reckon that's what's caused his attitude problem which is a real pity because he could've gone really far with a good attitude.

If we do sell him then we need to follow what Barca and Real do with buyback clauses and first refusal sort of thing. I'd hate for us to have another Pogba-esque situation with Januzaj.
Original post by James.Carnell
Imo that transfer fee will kill Pogba. Bale was 85m and he won 2 CL's pretty damn quickly playing a pivotal role. Unless Pogba wins multiple titles for United that figure is going to be rightfully seen as vastly disproportionate to his actual value.

I mean, Ozil was 43m and he had that around his neck for the best part of 2 season.

If Jose stays 5 years, I see them realistically winning 3 premier league titles in the next 5 years.
Its actually a good suggestion, perhaps the loans to big clubs and being in the United side have him thinking he belongs at a top side. Maybe a sale (with a buy back, he's too talented to risk it) would wake him up, that unless he performs this isn't temporary. Like, welcome to your new life in Sunderland, until you actually acquire some work ethic.
Sunderland love our defenders
Original post by swirly

I highly rate Ramsey. Would take him over any player in the world bar Messi.
Original post by Dirtybit
I highly rate Ramsey. Would take him over any player in the world bar Messi.
Really? So no Neymar, Thiago, Bale and you're taking Ramsey...
Original post by Fizzel
Really? So no Neymar, Thiago, Bale and you're taking Ramsey...

Wouldn't have expected Fizzel to fall for that tbh. Quite unlike him.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Rk2k14
Januzaj's attitude has been questioned by 3 different coaches. Not as good as he thinks he is.

Think he let that 13/14 season go to his head.

Jose is no angel. Two clubs of the four clubs he managed had major infighting.
Original post by qasidb
Wouldn't have expected Fizzel to fall for that tbh. Quite unlike him.
I didn't think it was me it reflected badly on tbh.
Januzaj to Sunderland confirmed.
Good move for him and Jose hasn't wasted any time in ripping Van Gaal for sending him to Dortmund which tbf is a correct point.

Januzaj needed a PL loan to play regular games at the PL level intensity so he work on his stamina, physique yet last season he scored vs Villa then the next minute he was gone to Dortmund. They could have arranged a better deal for him but again. concerns over his attitude probably made them farm him out to anywhere.
good deal should see plenty of gametime
Out:
Bastian
Pereira (loan)
Rojo
Jones
Fellaini (pls)
Rooney (Wishful thinking)

In:
Youri Tielemans
Varane (Wishful thinking) or another CB that is better than what we already have

Latest