The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

Mental Health Support Society XVIII

Scroll to see replies

Original post by SeanFM
While this hasn't happened to me (but it is something I almost worry about), as someone going into third year next year, I can see how awful/annoying that must be, like why would they decide to remove something that is no doubt interesting or your area of expertise, ya know? :angry: especially when the 1st/2nd year modules aren't as interesting as some of the 3rd year ones. :s-smilie:

I am frustrated as hell. I just have to hope that it runs next year in 4th year so I can do it. Without it, I'd be walking blind into my dissertation. :frown:
Original post by Airmed
When your uni ****s you over and doesn't run the one module that was gonna get you through 3rd year AND was going to be central to your dissertation plans. :h: I am so angry right now.

Also starting medication next week but because it is A Level results day my shifts at work have increased massively. ****.

Oh wow that sounds infuriating. Hopefully they'll run it in 4th year for you. I know it feels really frustrating but if you've got your heart set on a certain dissertation topic I think it's possible to do even without the class. It will be a lot harder but I think if that's your plan you should go for it regardless. Could you talk to the person who runs that module?

Do you know what medication you're going to be taking? I really hope it works out for you.
Original post by Sabertooth
Oh wow that sounds infuriating. Hopefully they'll run it in 4th year for you. I know it feels really frustrating but if you've got your heart set on a certain dissertation topic I think it's possible to do even without the class. It will be a lot harder but I think if that's your plan you should go for it regardless. Could you talk to the person who runs that module?

Do you know what medication you're going to be taking? I really hope it works out for you.

I am planning to talk to the guy. I want him to be my dissertation tutor anyway, so no harm in getting in early.

No idea, tbh. All I know is that it is an antipsychotic. :/
Original post by Spock's Socks
One of my cats had to go through this too a few years ago :frown: I hope it is just a benign cyst and that your cat recovers well from the op. Big hugs to you and best of luck with the new psychiatrist :hugs:

Posted from TSR Mobile

He was hiding in the cupboard under the bathroom sink all day after I brought him home. However, right on cue at 10.30pm he came running down the stairs for his dinner. I'm taking his desire to not miss his food as a good sign. :tongue:
Original post by Airmed
I am planning to talk to the guy. I want him to be my dissertation tutor anyway, so no harm in getting in early.

No idea, tbh. All I know is that it is an antipsychotic. :/

Yeah, that's what I was thinking. Hopefully he'll be helpful. :smile:

Ok. Good luck with that. :hugs: If you want to talk to someone who's tried a fair few antipsychotics feel free to pm me.
(edited 7 years ago)
Yeah, that's what I was thinking. Hopefully he'll be helpful. :smile:

Ok. Good luck with that. :hugs: If you want to talk to someone who's tried a fair few antipsychotics feel free to pm me.

Will do :hugs: Not looking forward to be on new medication and doing a 8 hour shift on Thursday and a 10 hour shift on Friday
Original post by Airmed
Will do :hugs: Not looking forward to be on new medication and doing a 8 hour shift on Thursday and a 10 hour shift on Friday

I think they'll probably get you to take the antipsychotic in the evening (unless it's abilify) as a lot of them can make you tired. Sometimes this tiredness continues through to the morning so if you have early shifts you might want to try and swap with someone who starts later perhaps.
@Sabertooth is your little cat ok? :hugs:

~Anon 1
Original post by Anonymous
@Sabertooth is your little cat ok? :hugs:

~Anon 1

He ate all his dinner last night and breakfast this morning, which I think is a good sign. However, he's been hiding a lot otherwise - though I do have another cat who sometimes bullies him a bit so I can see why he wants to hide. When I pet him he purrs and rubs his face on my hands, which I think is also a good sign. His scar looks really painful though, I feel so bad for him.

Thanks for asking. Hope you're doing well too. :smile:
I think they'll probably get you to take the antipsychotic in the evening (unless it's abilify) as a lot of them can make you tired. Sometimes this tiredness continues through to the morning so if you have early shifts you might want to try and swap with someone who starts later perhaps.

Wish I could change my shifts but I can't. Results day on Thursday so I'm in from 7.30am on that day and the following day. :/ Perhaps I will ask them to give me something easy to do in the morning.
He ate all his dinner last night and breakfast this morning, which I think is a good sign. However, he's been hiding a lot otherwise - though I do have another cat who sometimes bullies him a bit so I can see why he wants to hide. When I pet him he purrs and rubs his face on my hands, which I think is also a good sign. His scar looks really painful though, I feel so bad for him.

Thanks for asking. Hope you're doing well too. :smile:

Awwwwwww yeh as long as he is eating that is a good sign :yes: and aww yeh, it isn't nice when creatures have stuff like that, hope you and him feel better soon :hugs:

and thank you x
Have pushed myself too far recently and now I'm sick and I go on holiday on Sunday.

****s sake.
Feel mad tbh

hate using that word cos it is disrespectful to ppl but honestly i cant find any other word that sums it up.
idk why im writing this.
possibly because it is comforting and there is no-one else about and i just burst into tears for no reason.
Everytime im happy it is like a layer on top of sadness, the sadness is still there it just gets covered for a while.
but im so anxious about everything and stressed out.
i dont sleep well anymore, i sleep a lot but it isnt quality and cant even nap without panicking.
i liked napping as well bc i didnt dream.
but then i always wake up with a banging heart and palpitations for no reason.

im so stressed out over stuff about this new year and all this stuff i have to do
and ppl ask if im ok but ik they are so busy i never want to say the answer which is
no.
so i smile even tho im crying and ask how they are bc i dont want to bother them but i want to explode and i keep crying.
and my heart hurts.

meh ok ok im done

fell free to ignore this i just had to write it somewhere
Paranoia is through the roof. I'm terrified someone has been in my flat and/or is still in it. As soon as I came home I found my empty rucksack right at the bedroom door and I know my cats could have been playing with it or moved it off the pile of clothes it was next to but all I think is that someone has been in my flat and I have checked every room and nook and cranny and not found anything but my cats keep sniffing around the bag and the area it was in.

I keep trying to tell myself that they are sniffing it because they smell my friend's cats off it as I used the bag when I was down at my friend's recently but instead my mind is telling me they smell an intruder. I know if someone broke into my house they would steal stuff or hurt my cats,not move a bag but I feel like people are trying with me. I keep telling myself it's just my OCD and I've had these thoughts before but I don't feel safe in my house. Can't wait for the thoughts and feelings to pass.

Posted from TSR Mobile
:grouphugs: for all!
Im not doing very well at all.
Original post by bullettheory
That's annoying she hasn't got back to you. However, maybe to help explain a bit, in the teams I have worked in, the allocations of CPNs and Social Workers are done by team managers. So the therapist will let the manager know that they think you need a care coordinator and then it will be discussed and if it is agreed you need a CC, they will put you on the waiting list, which can take some time. Also she will need to speak to a psychiatrist about meds, and their waiting lists can be very long.

Hopefully you hear back soon though!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Actually I have been on meds before, and may be different as I am in Scotland but doctors can just prescibe them.

And she outright said she would speak to my actual doctor about getting meds and it will be done by end of that week.
Original post by Anonymous
Im not doing very well at all.

Would you like to talk about what's going on? :console:

Haven't heard the voices since Monday! :biggrin:

Also saw a new psychiatrist yesterday. She was super nice although quite alarmed by the amount of medication I'm on. She wants to look into reducing it if things continue to go well because of the high risk of side effects. And I didn't get sectioned which I was so scared of! :woo:

I spoke to the disability office at my university. They told me to come in and see a psychiatrist so I can start getting support from there too.

I'm really scared about starting back at uni on Monday but hoping it goes well and maybe I'll even make some friends. :eek: :crossedf:
(edited 7 years ago)

Haven't heard the voices since Monday! :biggrin:

Also saw a new psychiatrist yesterday. She was super nice although quite alarmed by the amount of medication I'm on. She wants to look into reducing it if things continue to go well because of the high risk of side effects. And I didn't get sectioned which I was so scared of! :woo:

I spoke to the disability office at my university. They told me to come in and see a psychiatrist so I can start getting support from there too.

I'm really scared about starting back at uni on Monday but hoping it goes well and maybe I'll even make some friends. :eek: :crossedf:

Sounding positive! :biggrin: Good luck with starting uni :h:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Latest