The Student Room Group

SQA Results Day 2016 - Discussion

Scroll to see replies

Hi I know someone who got all A's in her highers but was let down in her highers with ABBBB. She was interested in dentistry and after speaking to schools has considered doing a bsc honours degree or going abroad to study. Any advice?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by ACz09
Would it be too late to call my firm and tell them I want to leave if I get accepted by another uni via adjustment?

Thanks in advance

Posted from TSR Mobile

If you want to use adjustment just hit the big red button that appears on Track on the 18th.

Your firm will be notified that you've registered for adjustment and will be notified again if you take a place elsewhere
Reply 222
If a University requirements states AABB, is ABBBB an equivalent or is it seen as a lesser set of results? Thanks.
Original post by GJK98
If a University requirements states AABB, is ABBBB an equivalent or is it seen as a lesser set of results? Thanks.

You should contact the firms' admission department and ask.
Reply 224
Original post by sameehaiqbal
You should contact the firms' admission department and ask.

I'll do that now, thanks for the reply.
Reply 225
Well, that's the results came to an end, for another year anyway. I'd like to thank all of the TSR team for their tremendous and thoroughly helpful advice and recommendations. A few noticeable mentions are @Fox Corner, @sameehaiqbal, @ROC10 and also a huge thanks to the ever supportive @mysqa.
I hope everyone is proud with what they've achieved and I wish you all the best of luck in the future, whatever path you choose!
Till next time
:flybye:
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by JP298
Well, that's the results came to an end, for another year anyway. I'd like to thank all of the TSR team for their tremendous and thoroughly helpful advice and recommendations. A few noticeable mentions are @Fox Corner, @sameehaiqbal, @ROC10 and also a huge thanks to the ever supportive @mysqa.
I hope everyone is proud with what they've achieved and I wish you all the best of luck in the future, whatever path you choose!
Till next time
:flybye:

I really enjoyed helping everybody, even though it was hard for me to keep up with all the messages on my phone as my laptop decided to just conveniently not work on the day haha :colonhash:. I also really enjoyed seeing everybody's amazing results and would like to wish good luck for everyone's future! Also, just remember, if you didn't get the right grades this year, then there's still a chance to improve in the upcoming year and get it right! I myself missed out on one grade for Glasgow Cale's entry requirements which is so annoying to have to try again for one subject but it's just got to be done! So if you didn't achieve the right grades don't be disheartened as you are not alone!

We'll still be around to answer any further questions students may have. I will also be here on next years results day, God willing. :biggrin:

Hope everyone enjoys the rest of their summer :smile:
Original post by JP298
Nope, not at all. I'm going to be an amateur to some folk when I start the course but they do say that no one needs to have prior experience. In-fact they actually like people who haven't coded a lot before, as it allows them to get you into good habits, as it's a lot harder for them to break some peoples old bad habits. By the time 1st year has ended everyone will be at the same level of knowledge, so don't worry about it at all. Give us a msg if you have anymore questions!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Okay thanks for the advice, I just didn't want to be the only one without any experience.. Can I ask since you got 5A's did you get an unconditional offer?
Reply 228
Original post by Mystery.
Okay thanks for the advice, I just didn't want to be the only one without any experience.. Can I ask since you got 5A's did you get an unconditional offer?

Yeah, I got an unconditional offer but I think the academics were only part of why I was fortunate enough to receive one. You do need to have a strong personal statement as well. Give us a PM if you have any more questions!

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 7 years ago)
The MySQA site is open again, so you can go in and marvel at your newly minted results. If you can't see it, hit refresh.
Less than 2 hours until Track goes into lock down.

If you've got a clearing choice to add or a changed course offer get on it or you'll be waiting until next Thursday!
Hello there. I'm not 100% sure if this is the place I should be asking this but unfortunately I was 1 mark off getting an A for national 5 physics and I was just wondering how likely it would be for my result to change (go up...hopefully not down) after a remark has been requested by my school. Someone also told me that the predicted grade by the school may affect this remark (I was predicted to get an A, band 1) so I was also wondering if their was any truth to this.

Thankyou for your help.
Reply 232
It's always better to try especially if one mark off

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by TheHippyJesus
Computer science at St Andrews

Just wandering, what grades did you get for your highers? I just got my higher results: AAAAB and want to apply for the 'Computing Science and Physics' course at St Andrews. The entry requirements for that course are 4A's, but I'm not sure if they'll give me the offer.
(edited 7 years ago)
Hello. I was looking at studying dentistry abroad next year as one of my options and I wanted some information about studying dentistry in Valencia. Any advice?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Gregor.Soutar
Hello there. I'm not 100% sure if this is the place I should be asking this but unfortunately I was 1 mark off getting an A for national 5 physics and I was just wondering how likely it would be for my result to change (go up...hopefully not down) after a remark has been requested by my school. Someone also told me that the predicted grade by the school may affect this remark (I was predicted to get an A, band 1) so I was also wondering if their was any truth to this.

Thankyou for your help.

Chances of getting it bumped up to an A are pretty high especially if you were only 1 mark off.
Original post by Gregor.Soutar

Thankyou for your help.

Hi,

Your predicted grade will not have any effect on your remark. It's difficult to tell if your grade will go up to an A as you could also lose some marks. You can find further information on the Results Services here: http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=4237600.

Original post by Doshi....
Hello. I was looking at studying dentistry abroad next year as one of my options and I wanted some information about studying dentistry in Valencia. Any advice?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Unfortunately I don't have any experience of this but you could check the Dentistry forum: http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=194.
Original post by Ecosse_14
Hi,

Your predicted grade will not have any effect on your remark. It's difficult to tell if your grade will go up to an A as you could also lose some marks. You can find further information on the Results Services here: http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=4237600.

Unfortunately I don't have any experience of this but you could check the Dentistry forum: http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=194.

Thanks 😊

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hey, I would like to study Accounting and finance but I'm not a fan of essays, does anyone know the amount of essay work required?
Original post by stormqwd
Hey, I would like to study Accounting and finance but I'm not a fan of essays, does anyone know the amount of essay work required?

I wouldn't be any help here but my older brother studied accounting for over a year before switching his couse to mechanical engineering, i'd ask him but he doesn't like talking about it becase he hated the course. Create a thread and most likely someone studying the course will see it and reply and give you the information you're looking for.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending